Set Bonus

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
Fynn
Priest
Set Bonus

Post by Fynn » Thu May 10, 2012 2:32 pm

Okay, so I have heard/read several times that set bonus's do NOT transfer from anything other than Campaign and Warmaster gear. I have been running around wearing some medieval pieces (reluctantly) to keep the bonus. Then I had this great idea to use my tionese tokens to buy the gloves and change out the chest piece. Buy the gloves, insert better augments (with the exception of the armoring mod, which I've heard carries the bonus). Tooltip indicated I still had the bonus, so I pulled the mods from my Columi chest and insert it into my crafted (by Joun) Drelliad augmented coat...to find that I still have all 5 pieces highlighted in the tooltip.

So now I start to worry. Is the tooltip gaffed? Do I still have the bonus even though I swapped the mods in the glove (again leaving the armoring in place as I've read that is what carries the bonus)? I don't have the money to swap the mods out again (though I know a few days of Belsalvis/BH/Illum will fix that problem) and am nervous that if I do it will not transfer the bonus back. I'm also curious if they fixed the issue and now all pieces can transfer. Thanks for the help, folks!

EDIT: All of my gear was purchased post 1.2 and I have read that that gear is transferable. Truth?
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Furiel
Cardinal

Re: Set Bonus

Post by Furiel » Thu May 10, 2012 2:56 pm

My understanding is that the armoring carries the set bonus, so if you swap mods and enhances you should still be maintaining your set bonus.

Additionally the set bonus on the armorings will transfer if you remove the armoring on the Campaign gear obtained in EC. Rakata, Columi and Tionese, no matter where or how obtained, DO NOT have this property and thus if you pull the armorings from them and move them you will lose your set bonus.

That is my understanding anyway, and having pulled the armorings from my rakata/columi pieces and transfering them from my helmet, chest and pants I can say definitavely that they didn't transfer when I did that post 1.2 because I lost my 4 piece bonus.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Sir Psyko
Priest

Post by Sir Psyko » Thu May 10, 2012 5:13 pm

This is how it works:

Tionese/Columni/Rakata/Centurion/Champion/Battlemaster gear has the bonus attached to the SHELL, not the armoring mod (though that is now restricted to a like piece, ie. head to head only).

Black Hole has no set bonus associated with it, so basically you'll be getting this gear and swapping mods into your Tionese/Columni/Rakata pieces.

Campaign and War Hero gear has the set bonus on the armoring (also restricted to like pieces) so you can pull the armor mod out and put into Orange (or other purple) gear.

You can remove the armoring from a Tionese piece and the bonus will look like it has shifted on the overlays, but it's a bug. It has not actually moved, and according to the devs, it never will. When you relog, it will no longer appear to have the bonus. When it was purchased makes no difference, it was when the gear was introduced.

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Thu May 10, 2012 8:35 pm

Thanks guys. Turns out it was an issue with the tooltip. I exited the game, re-entered, and the tooltip had 'blacked out' the chest piece....

...and after google-ing, turns out that is ANOTHER bug. Thanks again!
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'