Hope for the world.

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
Skiggity
Bishop
Hope for the world.

Post by Skiggity » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:02 am

Just ran a groupfinder op, KP (story mode of course in groupfinder).
Every single person was from a different guild, so no vent, just in-game chat.
Every single person was intelligent, patient and well geared (except me, probably, I was on my alt and had 2/3s recruit gear and 1/3 columi)

We cleared in about 1:20 with zero wipes and 3 deaths. It was nearly sublime. Now I have 3 out of 5 set pieces, plus bracers and belt and stuff. And now I'm sleepy. But really, really pleased with a random group of non-idiots.
-Skiggity, Sage DPS
Multiple Personality Disorder: Anna'Molie, Trooper Healer --- Alephia, Jedi Guardian Tank --- Butterchubbs, Jedi Sentinel DPS --- Little'Lincoln, Scoundrel --- Doctoracula, Operative Healer

Fynn
Priest

Re: Hope for the world.

Post by Fynn » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:16 pm

Wow! That IS sublime! Nice job. I had the opposite experience. I did a GF FP two nights ago (false emperor). Three guys from the same guild. ZERO coordination, no CC's, went in all different directions. After clearing a mob, in which one of the members died, I was asked 'have you ever healed before?'. I answered yes and was then asked 'then why the hell do we keep dying' (1 guy died once). We went through the rest of the FP without incident, until Malgus. We ran the thing for what felt like 100 times. I guy dropped earlier in the raid, and we were trying to run with 3, which didn't really help. We kept making it to the interrupt phase, but could never position him. Got a tank, ran it 2 more times, the other to 'guildies' dropped. Got two new DPS, killed it first pull. It was NOT worth the 5BH comms.
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:21 pm

I was in an EV groupfinder pull; part of it was the fault of groupfinder, we started with 4 healers. Cleared the turrets and bot okay (with very healthy people), but there were 6 folks from one guild (I forget the name) including both tanks, and we were all on vent, and they just had no idea how to handle Gharj. The tanks kept arguing, we kept hitting the enrage timer even after dedicating 2 of the healers to DPS. One pull we had him at just under 9000 hitpoints, 0 percent indicated, but couldn't get it done. I left after 5 pulls under the excuse of "you guys need a real DPS, I'm not specced. I'll bow out."

I don't think it was going to get any better for them.
-Skiggity, Sage DPS
Multiple Personality Disorder: Anna'Molie, Trooper Healer --- Alephia, Jedi Guardian Tank --- Butterchubbs, Jedi Sentinel DPS --- Little'Lincoln, Scoundrel --- Doctoracula, Operative Healer

Darklinda
Priest

Post by Darklinda » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:22 pm

for that when i'm the tank i usualy take the lead if i'm dps i follow and try not to die...

and i have abetter one before the groupfinder i was in a hm ev run and we had like 4 sentinels 2 sage healers 1shadow tank and a vanguard tank we couldn't pass garj cause the healers couldn't keep up in one of the tryes i was right to the side of both healers waiting for like 1 minut to get heals so i could go back to dps...

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:12 pm

I've had pretty good luck with the group finder. Out of 3 or 4 groups, only had 1 bad guy. The rest we did pretty good, even on flashpoints that most in the group had never run.

Romily
Altarsquid

Post by Romily » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:16 am

Damn I tried it once and it was so bad I never went back. There was an illiterate gunslinger who kept pulling before cc went out then qqing because he died... I glitched thorough the floor on the second boss and Mr gunslinger screamed in caps the whole fight for me to help him (hello, stuck under floor) and at least one member of the party didn't know how to turn off caps lock. /shudder the stuff of nightmares.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
I have the death sentence in twelve systems?!

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:40 am

I'd say my flashpoint experiences have been 90 percent positive, and maybe 50 percent super-positive learn-something new and tear through in 20 minutes for BH coms.

The ops are more of a grab bag with the role bug, you have to set your role EACH TIME when you go in, or you get all kinds of weirdness, healers labeled as DPS, DPS labeled as tanks, etc.

Still, groupfinder helped me get Anna'Molie to level 50 in super quick fashion, and now she's geared pretty well in just a few days.

Just gotta be willing to bail out when it's a superfail group.
-Skiggity, Sage DPS