Hey Furiel...

Forum for discussion of topics related to Star Wars The Old Republic.
Cuspar
Cardinal
Hey Furiel...

Post by Cuspar » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:59 am

Well, it IS 3 friggin' AM, but...

Cuspar

Bulwark
Cardinal

Re: Hey Furiel...

Post by Bulwark » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Woot! gratz!When I logged off last night I thought there was no way you would grind all the way through

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:42 pm

I realized that there was no difference between going to bed at 1 am or 3 am. My Sunday was going to be borked either way! But yeah - I got over 650k xp in that session... And spent like 450k on training....
Cuspar

Durai
Altarsquid

Post by Durai » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:36 pm

My only question, Cuspar, is this...

WTF did you do to Elara?!?!

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Cuspar wrote:I realized that there was no difference between going to bed at 1 am or 3 am.
Haha Congrats! Now get some rest so you can watch the Patriots beat the Giants (in all seriousness, I'm REAL nervous...can't shake the 07 jitters)
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Whatever...I'm still going ot be the first commando.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Fynn
Priest

Post by Fynn » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:33 am

Jake wrote:Now get some rest so you can watch the Patriots beat the Giants
ugh, eh!

so I quoted myself, sue me. My team just lost the Superbowl. I need more beer...
Fyyn Cob
'SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him'

Raikir
Priest

Post by Raikir » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:01 am

Jake wrote:
ugh, eh!

so I quoted myself, sue me. My team just lost the Superbowl. I need more beer...
Never vote against the NFC east.
Swell Guy/Man's Man

Durai
Altarsquid

Post by Durai » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:07 am

Jake wrote:
ugh, eh!

No amount of alcohol can ease the pain of what we in Patriots Nation went through last night. I tried.

In all honesty, I had a feeling since we beat Baltimore that Eli and the G-Men were going to take this one. Never bet against a man that looks like he plows sheep. Never. That's also why we never bet against Cuspar.

See how the topic came full circle? :rave:

Leth
Priest

Post by Leth » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Furiel wrote:Whatever...I'm still going ot be the first commando.
Not by much now that I'm back. Also laptop is here so I can play at work now.
The Deacon of DPS

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:27 pm

Leth wrote:
Furiel wrote:Whatever...I'm still going ot be the first commando.
Not by much now that I'm back. Also laptop is here so I can play at work now.
Whatever, hit 50 last night, and am quite content to know that my plan worked to perfection. I knew Cuspar wouldn't be able to resist the challenge once I threw down the gauntlet in front of him. :emperor:
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:49 pm

All competitiveness aside, grats to you both. I'm looking forward to some HM FPs with either/both of you, very soon.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Durai wrote:
Jake wrote:
ugh, eh!

No amount of alcohol can ease the pain of what we in Patriots Nation went through last night. I tried.
Apparently you didn't try hard enough because you are still alive...

Ease the pain...REALLY? So none of the 3 SB wins in the last 10 years is a comfort to you? Or the 6 trips in the last 15? You want to talk about pain, talk to fans of the '08 Lions. Or Bills fans who lost 4 in a row. Or Vikings fans who have lost all 4 of their trips. Or Charger fans because their head coach is Norv Turner so they are destined to fail by default.

There is a reason that most people either love the Patriots, or despise them. It's not because of Brady, or Belicheck, or their success...it's because of their fans. A bunch of whiny fucking bitches each and every one of them.

My team went 15-1 this year and lost their first playoff game, and you know what I did, I took it like a man, said the Giants were the better team that day, canceled my SB party and starting thinking about the offseason and how the team will be next year. That's how men deal.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Boston sports fans are the worst.

I used to feel for Red Sox fans. Like I really felt bad for them than they never won a world series. But then they did and they became unbearable.

I think Rick Pitino said it best in this speech after a Celtics loss

Same issue for all the Boston teams. The now is never good enough for them. It will always be Larry Bird, Bobby Orr, or Roger Clemens, never who is in the game now.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Durai
Altarsquid

Post by Durai » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:33 pm

Furiel wrote:
Durai wrote:
Jake wrote:
ugh, eh!

Ease the pain...REALLY? So none of the 3 SB wins in the last 10 years is a comfort to you? Or the 6 trips in the last 15? You want to talk about pain, talk to fans of the '08 Lions. Or Bills fans who lost 4 in a row. Or Vikings fans who have lost all 4 of their trips. Or Charger fans because their head coach is Norv Turner so they are destined to fail by default.

There is a reason that most people either love the Patriots, or despise them. It's not because of Brady, or Belicheck, or their success...it's because of their fans. A bunch of whiny fucking bitches each and every one of them.

My team went 15-1 this year and lost their first playoff game, and you know what I did, I took it like a man, said the Giants were the better team that day, canceled my SB party and starting thinking about the offseason and how the team will be next year. That's how men deal.
UMad bro?

Pardon the hell out of me for relating to a fellow Pats fan who watched their "superstar" QB CHOKE. Cuz that's what Brady did. He's never been able to scramble in the pocket, the Giants defense got to him, and he choked. People always underestimated Eli and never gave him enough credit. People can call one SB win a fluke, it has happened before, and discount it. But two? Against one of the best coaches AND one of the best quarterbacks of all time? That's called being that damn good. So now people are going to say what I've been saying for two years; Eli is better than Peyton and he's a top 5 QB.

And the previous wins? Sorry, but when it comes to any sport, you're paid to do one thing: Go out and do everything you can to win a championship. Yeah, we've won in the past. But I ask "What have you done for me lately?" The answer: Not much. The Patriots had easily the biggest joke of a schedule this season, and they've played a total of TWO "real" teams the entire year: the Giants, who they played twice, and the Ravens. That's it.

The Bills are always going to be a subpar team. There's so much wrong there that it's not even funny, but at least they finally have a decent quarterback. And if the Chargers hate Norv Turner, who legitimately is a damn MORON, then get rid of him. But they didn't, so they have nobody but themselves to blame. And Dallas needs to get rid of their fucking OWNER who won't let the Coach actually do his job. In 15 years they've had how many winning seasons? I bet it''s not more than 6.

The Giants ARE the better team. Hell, BALTIMORE was a better team than the Pats this year. But by a mere stroke of luck, and that's all it was, the Pats and Giants met when it easily could've been the 49ers and the Ravens.

I'll talk any of the major 4 sports all day long, Furiel. But there's a difference between talking sports and you coming at me like I'm an asshole. Sorry you're so damn butthurt over the fact that your team got bounced, but guess what? It's not my fault, so don't talk to me like it is. Understood?

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:04 pm

Durai wrote:
Furiel wrote:
Durai wrote:
Jake wrote:
ugh, eh!

UMad bro?

Pardon the hell out of me for relating to a fellow Pats fan who watched their "superstar" QB CHOKE. Cuz that's what Brady did. He's never been able to scramble in the pocket, the Giants defense got to him, and he choked. People always underestimated Eli and never gave him enough credit. People can call one SB win a fluke, it has happened before, and discount it. But two? Against one of the best coaches AND one of the best quarterbacks of all time? That's called being that damn good. So now people are going to say what I've been saying for two years; Eli is better than Peyton and he's a top 5 QB.

And the previous wins? Sorry, but when it comes to any sport, you're paid to do one thing: Go out and do everything you can to win a championship. Yeah, we've won in the past. But I ask "What have you done for me lately?" The answer: Not much. The Patriots had easily the biggest joke of a schedule this season, and they've played a total of TWO "real" teams the entire year: the Giants, who they played twice, and the Ravens. That's it.

The Bills are always going to be a subpar team. There's so much wrong there that it's not even funny, but at least they finally have a decent quarterback. And if the Chargers hate Norv Turner, who legitimately is a damn MORON, then get rid of him. But they didn't, so they have nobody but themselves to blame. And Dallas needs to get rid of their fucking OWNER who won't let the Coach actually do his job. In 15 years they've had how many winning seasons? I bet it''s not more than 6.

The Giants ARE the better team. Hell, BALTIMORE was a better team than the Pats this year. But by a mere stroke of luck, and that's all it was, the Pats and Giants met when it easily could've been the 49ers and the Ravens.

I'll talk any of the major 4 sports all day long, Furiel. But there's a difference between talking sports and you coming at me like I'm an asshole. Sorry you're so damn butthurt over the fact that your team got bounced, but guess what? It's not my fault, so don't talk to me like it is. Understood?
I'm not butthurt over the Packer's loss, I'm irritated at how you and most Boston sports fans act after they lose. The fact of the matter is that Boston and Boston area sports are in an unprecidented run of success over the last decade or so that no area can match. New York comes close, but they still lag behind. Every team in the 4 major sports has won at least one championship over that time period. Hell the Pats and Sox have won 2 each. Ya'll have it REALLY good right now, yet as soon as one of your teams lose ya'll whine and cry like someone just raped and murdered your dog in front of you and "No amount of alcohol can ease the pain of what we in Patriots Nation went through last night." reads just like that. Losing sucks, but take some solace in what you have right now because someday it's going to be gone.

Maybe I went a bit too far cuz it feels like my innards are trying to migrate to an external location and I'm overtired, but Boston fans acting like it's the end fo the world when they lose if also a pet peeve of mine...

The Plush Family:

Durai
Altarsquid

Post by Durai » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:34 pm

So... You're jealous. I don't want to put it so simply, but... That's what it is, right?

In your post you pretty much said you wish I'd died from alcohol poisoining. My only response to that is... What the fuck kind of thing is that to say? Especially to a guildmate, somebody you're supposed to be friendly with. Seriously. The guild tagline is the "Home of the Drunk and Vengeful", for crying out loud. All I did was relate to a fellow fan after a disappointing loss in the most important game of the season. You would've done the same is the Packers had made it and fell short. Any fellow fan would.

Were the Packers better than the Giants this year? Absolutely. But shit happens in the world of sports. Every city goes through phases with their teams. The Lakers had their run, the Cowboys had theirs, the Steelers, the Yankees, the Celtics, the Pittsburgh Penguins, the Red Wings, etc. It's not my fault Boston is having success with the majority of their teams right now. Do I understand the jealousy? Absolutely. But in the 90's, what did we have in any of the four major teams? Jack shit. I count wins, not getting close like Ray Bourque and Bledsor. Like I said, it goes in phases.

Are 99.9% of Boston fans a bunch of yahoos who flip flop over everything? Yes.
Do we hate our own fans? Sometimes. Ask what a "pinkhat" is.
Do I hate other Boston sports fans? The majority of them, yes, for their yahoo-ism.

But that doesn't mean every fan of Boston sports is an a-hole.

And as far as Rick Pitino... He was the MAN for saying that. He needed to say it. He had a totally different team and fans refused to see it. Can a Prius go as fast as a McClarren? Hell no, but people saw that he still had a car, and refused to acknowledge the difference.

Vespasian
Cardinal

Hey Furiel...

Post by Vespasian » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:37 pm

See Blackferne, Jounville.

I can count on one hand the number of times Blackie talks about sports and sports fans.

In talking to pats fans I've already pointed out that Brady had extremely catchable, perfectly thrown balls dropped by Hernandez and Welker that would have extended drives and possibly led to points, yet Brady choked. And that the Pats secondary seemed unable to cover anyone all year, yet Brady choked.

Before the game I've heard for two weeks how Eli's a bum (bottom 5 in the league) and that the Giants don't deserve to be there as they were 9-7. How this was a revenge game for them spoiling the perfect season. Yet when the Giants needed points to win, he drove them down the field for not only the lead, but a td that bill gave them to give brady full minute to play with, and a time out! And what happens? Brady chokes? A series of bad play calls, missing your healthy td machine, having catches dropped, missing moss (built for that hail mary play) and it's Brady choking.

And Pats fans are so classy I've already had 3 of them tell me "at least we didn't lose 4 in a row".
Cuspar eats dead people.

Durai
Altarsquid

Post by Durai » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:43 pm

Vespasian wrote:See Blackferne, Jounville.

I can count on one hand the number of times Blackie talks about sports and sports fans.

In talking to pats fans I've already pointed out that Brady had extremely catchable, perfectly thrown balls dropped by Hernandez and Welker that would have extended drives and possibly led to points, yet Brady choked. And that the Pats secondary seemed unable to cover anyone all year, yet Brady choked.

Before the game I've heard for two weeks how Eli's a bum (bottom 5 in the league) and that the Giants don't deserve to be there as they were 9-7. How this was a revenge game for them spoiling the perfect season. Yet when the Giants needed points to win, he drove them down the field for not only the lead, but a td that bill gave them to give brady full minute to play with, and a time out! And what happens? Brady chokes? A series of bad play calls, missing your healthy td machine, having catches dropped, missing moss (built for that hail mary play) and it's Brady choking.

And Pats fans are so classy I've already had 3 of them tell me "at least we didn't lose 4 in a row".
Vesp, from what I know, you're in RI, right?

If you were ANYWHERE in New England you'd have heard that. Because, as I said, 99.9% of sports fans here are nothing but yahoos. They also said the Pats would crush Baltimore, right? And all day long you're going to hear nothing but excuse after excuse.

Look, the majority of the fans are unbearable... But please, everyone, just be aware there is that .1% that aren't idiots.

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Durai wrote:So... You're jealous. I don't want to put it so simply, but... That's what it is, right?
Jealous? It looks more like he is trying to tell you to get some perspective. Second best in the world isn't good enough for you? How'd you like to be the 2nd richest man in the world? Its got to suck, right? Knowing that you can only afford 4 private islands and you can only upgrade your fleet of private jets every other year. But jealousy? no, doesn't look like that from here.

Durai
Altarsquid

Post by Durai » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:53 pm

Bulwark wrote:
Durai wrote:So... You're jealous. I don't want to put it so simply, but... That's what it is, right?
Jealous? It looks more like he is trying to tell you to get some perspective. Second best in the world isn't good enough for you? How'd you like to be the 2nd richest man in the world? Its got to suck, right? Knowing that you can only afford 4 private islands and you can only upgrade your fleet of private jets every other year. But jealousy? no, doesn't look like that from here.
Yeah, hoping I die from alcohol poisoning is a great way to start off saying I need some "perspective".

The Patriots didn't deserve to be in that game. Baltimore was the better team in the AFC Championship game, and the '49ers could have and should have beat the Giants in the NFC title game.

But that's not what happened, for whatever reason under whatever circumstances and by whatever stroke of luck. It happens in sports, and it happens in life. The Pats are not the second best team in the NFL, despite what the standings tell you. They played two real teams all year, they had a joke of a regular season schedule, etc.

I count winning the big one as having a great year. The Packers did it last year, the Giants did it this year. You don't get victory parades and celebrations for second place.

Could I take solace in the fact that we made it to the Superbowl? The fact that they somehow came out on top of the AFC? I could. But I don't. Because you don't get anything for it. If you think I should take solace in that, cool. That's your opinion and your perspective, which you are entitled to. And I'm entitled to mine. And with my perspective, second place isn't winning when it comes to professional sports.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:56 pm

In your post you pretty much said you wish I'd died from alcohol poisoining. My only response to that is... What the fuck kind of thing is that to say? Especially to a guildmate, somebody you're supposed to be friendly with. Seriously. The guild tagline is the "Home of the Drunk and Vengeful", for crying out loud. All I did was relate to a fellow fan after a disappointing loss in the most important game of the season. You would've done the same is the Packers had made it and fell short. Any fellow fan would.

Were the Packers better than the Giants this year? Absolutely. But shit happens in the world of sports. Every city goes through phases with their teams. The Lakers had their run, the Cowboys had theirs, the Steelers, the Yankees, the Celtics, the Pittsburgh Penguins, the Red Wings, etc. It's not my fault Boston is having success with the majority of their teams right now. Do I understand the jealousy? Absolutely. But in the 90's, what did we have in any of the four major teams? Jack shit. I count wins, not getting close like Ray Bourque and Bledsor. Like I said, it goes in phases.

Do I hate other Boston sports fans? The majority of them, yes, for their yahoo-ism.

And as far as Rick Pitino... He was the MAN for saying that. He needed to say it. He had a totally different team and fans refused to see it. Can a Prius go as fast as a McClarren? Hell no, but people saw that he still had a car, and refused to acknowledge the difference.
Ok ya see, here's what I think you are missing...perspective on me. It's not jelousy. If anything I may have lumped you a little too far into the group of Boston fans I can't stand. But ultimately 2 things you gotta know about me that'll probably clear up alot of this. 1) I can be rough on my friends, ask Vesp, I'm confident at some point I've said worse to him and he's my boy. 2) The more I like someone the more the filter generally gets turned off.

Trust me, if I didn't like you, you'd know it. But as I have yet to call you a bloated sack of fetus vomit (yes, I have called someone that in the past, ask around if you don't believe me) I'm pretty sure we're all going to be fine and come out of this with a little better understanding of everyone involved.

Now I need to go figure out why my insides keep trying to crawl to my outsides, so ta-ta for now.

The Plush Family:

Durai
Altarsquid

Post by Durai » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:59 pm

Furiel wrote:

Ok ya see, here's what I think you are missing...perspective on me. It's not jelousy. If anything I may have lumped you a little too far into the group of Boston fans I can't stand. But ultimately 2 things you gotta know about me that'll probably clear up alot of this. 1) I can be rough on my friends, ask Vesp, I'm confident at some point I've said worse to him and he's my boy. 2) The more I like someone the more the filter generally gets turned off.

Trust me, if I didn't like you, you'd know it. But as I have yet to call you a bloated sack of fetus vomit (yes, I have called someone that in the past, ask around if you don't believe me) I'm pretty sure we're all going to be fine and come out of this with a little better understanding of everyone involved.

Now I need to go figure out why my insides keep trying to crawl to my outsides, so ta-ta for now.
Regardless, I hope you turn out healthy. Good luck to you, hope you get better.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:07 pm

Vespasian wrote:See Blackferne, Jounville.

I actually followed sports (except hockey) for many years before SWG. I still follow somewhat passively.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Vespasian
Cardinal

Hey Furiel...

Post by Vespasian » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:26 pm

So far Durai it's apparent you're not the typical new England homer. I know many non-me sports fans that didn't know what would be more intolerable-the pats winning or losing.

Trustme, of Furiel wanted you dead, he won't allude to it. Hell come straight out and say 'i hope you and your family die in a fire.'
Cuspar eats dead people.