Xur

A subforum for the discussion of the game Destiny
Staris
Priest
Xur

Post by Staris » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:33 pm

So brought up the Destiny app to see what Xur is selling at the weapon is an engram now and costs 31 coins, so interesting.

Also something new is a consumable called Three of Coins, that is a stackable effect that increases the chances the next Ultra you defeat will drop an Exotic Engram. Will be interesting to see how that works. Is it a one and down on getting an engram or is it timed and will stay in effect regardless of how many drop in that time. I have doubts that it is unlimited unless the increase is very minute.

noname
Friend of Alvis

Re: Xur

Post by noname » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:28 pm

nice, that would be something to grind haha. the cave returns as a consumable. haha jk

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:55 pm

Unless you need to fill in a year 1 slot, then the weapon engram won't do you any good. It is only for a Year 1 weapon with Year 1 stats. Just be careful with your purchases!

It can be helpful if it unlocks something on the board for year 2, but it's expensive lol.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:20 pm

From what I've read on the 3 of coins it's a one and done but also cumulative.

So say it adds 20% to the chance, use it and you have say a 25% chance on the next ultra.
Don't get one, use another on the next ultra, now your at 45%.
Keep a going up until you get a drop then resets.

I'm going to buy a bunch tonight and blow through them in strikes and we'll see how I do. Lord knows I have the coins to spare.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel