A little Bloodborne info

Consoles, PCs, or mobile. This forum is dedicated to video games in all their glory. Some subforums for popular titles will be created.
Marrkin
Bishop
A little Bloodborne info

Post by Marrkin » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:13 pm

Posted today to the Playstation Blog:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/11/ ... #sf5876475

Dashl
Cardinal

Re: A little Bloodborne info

Post by Dashl » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:18 pm

I will drop off the face of the earth for that game. I need to finish this giant stack of games before it comes out.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:16 pm

So apparently Bloodborne is going to have co-op play?? :rave:

I'm down for some slashing n' dodging n' stuff... just throwin' that FYI out there now....

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:41 pm

Demons, Dark, and Dark Souls 2 all have co op. Demons and Dark it is a pain in the ass to find your friend, but Dark Souls 2 it is super easy, and they even added a ring to wear to make it easier.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:53 pm

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:54 pm

I am for-sure getting this.. just a tad over a month until release...

I am also nudging PetMidget to get it, but he's invariably hooked into D3 right now... poor guy.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:16 pm

I am more excited for the Dark Souls 2 remaster than this. Mainly because they want you to dual wield, and not play with a shield.

Moving the enemies and items in Dark Souls 2 sounds cool. Plus 6 players now.

Still getting Bloodborne though.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:39 pm

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:06 pm

Is this going to be your first Souls game? IGN also has the first 18 mins, and a bit of the character creator.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:02 pm

Yessir, though I have made it a point not to watch the IGN 18-min thingy...

I would like it all to be as much of a 'surprise' as possible.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:09 pm

I've pretty much made it a point to not go to ign for years not as they tend to far too often give spoilers so better safe then sorry.

Might get the game at some point but will probably more for the co-op as it hasn't interested me much so far but will watch the lets plays by any of the djs at siradio that might change.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:49 am

From Software's Bloodborne will be making its way exclusively to PS4 at the end of the month, and as the dark and foreboding adventure closes in on release, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan has offered up full details on the game's online features.

First up, co-op will support up to three players online, tasking you with defeating a boss within a designated area. To start a co-op game, the host uses the 'Hunter Calling Bell' item to beckon fellow hunters, while guests use the 'Resonant Bell' item to join another person's game.

Should the host or guests die, or should a 'Separating Shot' be used to retreat back into your game in-progress, the game ends. Should you choose matchmaking, it's done automatically, with eight-character passwords available to ensure players are grouped together in co-op sessions properly.

Bloodborne's Co-op and PvP Online Features Detailed in Full

As for PvP (Player-vs-Player), these matches play out as one-on-one battles in an arena. Players being invaded act as the host and the invader is treated as the guest. PvP matches can be initiated by using the 'Ominous Resonant Bell' item to invade another player's game. Hosts can be invaded in areas where the host has triggered the appearance of a Bell Chiming Woman.

She'll appear in co-op play or with the use of an Ominous Resonant Bell, or can be found within certain areas in Bloodborne's world. Should an invading guest vanquish a host or be defeated, they'll return to their own game. Should the guest kill the host, the guest will earn a reward. Again, the Separating Shot will return a guest player to their game.

Bloodborne will also have an asynchronous online element as seen in the Souls series, with players able to leave hints and messages for other players to find. In a twist on the Souls games, graves are placed where players died and interacting with them will show a phantom replay of how they fell. You can also see spectral projections of other players at times.

Finally, Bloodborne's Chalice Dungeons will come in randomly-generated and normal flavours, with both available to play offline or online. Data will need downloading for the randomly-generated Chalice Dungeons, so you'll have to be connected to the servers. You can access Chalice Dungeons publicly and share them online too.

A PlayStation Plus subscription will be required for co-op and PvP, but not for Chalice Dungeon data or updates. Speaking of which, a day one update will go live for the game with online optimisations, enhancements to game performance and more.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news ... -Full.html

The password part is different from previous Souls games, but it seems they are trying to make this different from the previous 3. I will be on vacation the week after this comes out.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:41 pm

Yeah, this definitely sounds cool.

Even though I never played the others, I'm looking forward to this.

I'm on Vacation as of April 1st, so I'll prob be digging on this... depending on if I do my transmission work and how it goes.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:35 pm

Marrkin, I might go with the cane/whip weapon first. Watched a horrible player stream on twitch last night, looked like he had never played any of these before.
Spoiler:
You have to die on the first enemy to get going and get a weapon, like demons souls. That seems to confuse a lot of people.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:43 pm

LOL, yeah.. watched a video from IGN and they dropped that little tidbit... they said it's about 35 seconds into the game... not sure what I'm gonna start with, but some of the 2-handers look pretty badass

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:01 pm

Stat purpose and soft/hardcaps:
Vitality - Softcap: 30, Hardcap: 50 (every build should have at least 30 of this)
Endurance - Hardcap: 40 (only increases stamina since equip burden is no more)

-

Softcap for everything below: 25
Hardcap for everything below: 50

Strength -
Skill - Previously known as Dexterity
Bloodtinge - Guns and anything that scales with Bloodtinge
Arcane - Increases the damage done by fire and bolt damaging equipment

-

Three builds for Echo Level 125

All builds below uses the class "Military veteran".

Overall Quality Character (can equip and use both STR and SKL-weapons effiecently)
Vit 50
End 40
Str 30
Skl 25
Bld 24
Arc 6

Strength Based Character
Vit 50
End 40
Str 50
Skl 14
Bld 15
Arc 6

Skill Based Character
Vit 50
End 40
Str 16
Skl 50
Bld 13
Arc 6

I summarized the content from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwXQZLNwS54

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:37 pm

Something I'm still a little unsure about though...

Is the Co-op only for the chalice dungeons? or is it also available for the Story?

TBH I haven't really dug around enough to try and get the answer to that, but everything I have seen seems to point to just the Dungeons...

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:22 pm

It is also for the story, just like the other games. It has new features this time, ringing a bell and something to do with Insight, that you pick up as drops. Online is not working right now until tomorrow, so all the streamers can only do solo mode.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:03 pm

Haha, funny I read about the bells and then looked here and you had posted it :rave:

So yeah, definitely gotta hook some of this up. Petmidget has purchased as well... though I do not know how familiar he is with this genre.

I can't judge though, I am a novice myself when it comes to any games by these guys. I have played enough of the things like Dante's Inferno, God of War, etc. to mostly have an idea of what I'm getting into.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:49 pm

The Souls series are some of the hardest games ever made. I know this one is very different, and I will be forced to change my play style. I was giant sword, and shield. Used a bow to pull enemies. I went very slowly, since they have traps and hidden enemies. No shield in this, they want it faster paced and get in close to get your health back. No bows or magic. I might have a harder time adjusting than others.

You will scream at your tv. You will invent new cuss words. You will die.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:06 pm

Dashl wrote:You will scream at your tv. You will invent new cuss words. You will die.
Besides the dying part... I just call this "a weekday" :twisted:

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:10 pm

Also, the slowness of Souls is part of why I didn't enjoy the little bit of time I spent in it. Besides the fact that at the time I also did not realize that the bosses were designed the way they were, so I basically never got far.

Looking forward to this.. going on my lunch hour to pick up my copy. You'll see me on it tonight fo' sho' :rave:

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:22 am

Uploading the first boss kill on Facebook.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:39 am

Upload failed twice. Second boss is dead!

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:55 am

Three bosses and three mini bosses down. Looks like I can do the chalice dungeon stuff now.