By popular request (Butterchubbs)

A forum to discuss topics and issues relevant to the Jedi Knight class in Star Wars The Old Republic
njessi
Scribe
By popular request (Butterchubbs)

Post by njessi » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:50 pm

The new Sentinel guide (in progress).

http://hawtpantsrepublic.com/sentinel-2-0/

It's published but I haven't "announced" to the world that it exists yet because I have no clue about some things, not being 55 yet - and the fact that there are no theorycrafters out there, and the fact that the major sites haven't even updated their ability databases for 2.0 (WHAT THE HELL TORHEAD AND DARTH HATER!?)
Mistress of Hawtpants

TimmySchneeks
Priest

Re: By popular request (Butterchubbs)

Post by TimmySchneeks » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:04 pm

Alvis is building an 8-sentinel raid squad so this will be useful to a lot of us!

Seriously, I think we have 5 at 50(+) now?
TimmySchneeks | Boccior - Gunslinger | Qixx - Sage Healer | Lagdalen - Guardian Tank | Tom'Mato - Vanguard DPS | Käylëë - Sentinel

njessi
Scribe

Post by njessi » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:39 pm

If people want to main change, now would be the time to do it. Just level your favorite toon first. Problem solved. You're gonna have to re-gear any toon at 55 anyway.
Mistress of Hawtpants

Skiggity
Bishop

Post by Skiggity » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:52 pm

Nice, thanks for the linky njessi. Like you I'm waiting to see what the theorycraft boffins come up so I can figure the BiS gear and go from there. I think I'm going to stick with Watchman as well, I can still get pretty good burst DPS in short fights for trash and the long-term benefits in an ops fight are too tempting to pass up. It will be interesting to see how much of an impact the dual-wield mastery has on the spec between now and 55!

Now I just need to put a few alacrity pieces in there and see how the mix things up.
-Skiggity, Sage DPS
Multiple Personality Disorder: Anna'Molie, Trooper Healer --- Alephia, Jedi Guardian Tank --- Butterchubbs, Jedi Sentinel DPS --- Little'Lincoln, Scoundrel --- Doctoracula, Operative Healer

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:55 pm

I know swtor-spy has their skill calulator updated (since Tuesday!) for the skill names and descriptions, but their damage numbers are not all included in certain skills.

Thank you for this Njessi, I have read much of your info regarding the class and it has been useful!

I am curious how the builds will play out at 55
Last edited by Marrkin on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

njessi
Scribe

Post by njessi » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:59 pm

Marrkin wrote:I swtor-spy has their skill calulator updated (since Tuesday!) for the skill names and descriptions, but their damage numbers are not all included in certain skills.
Yeah they have an updated skill calculator, which I used - but they don't have any ability tooltips that I can use. Sadpanda.
Mistress of Hawtpants

njessi
Scribe

Post by njessi » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:24 pm

Torhead tooltips are accurate now, but the skill calcs are still borked.
Mistress of Hawtpants

TimmySchneeks
Priest

Post by TimmySchneeks » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:59 pm

Thanks again njessi, used this while leveling my watchman sent to 55 and it was quite helpful, especially around the cauterize proc and merciless slash stacks. I've never really raided much with mine so didn't quite pay attention to making sure the cauterize dot was *completely* done before re-applying, and never managed to keep the merciless stacks up that well.

Twin saber throw looks to me like it would be useful in almost any rotation, unless you are really hurting for focus - it's free, does decent (if not overly impressive) damage, and hits "all the things" (like both tanks in EC?). I had it deal 19k damage with one throw on that massive group of punchers/kickers & robots on EV, which was amusing. Gotta be careful though, on more than one occasion I've had my sabers go off in not quite the direction I was intending and grabbed a second group, and Skig and I ran EV and saw sents hitting the wrong member of the council with their fancy new 30m ability (we could hear all four sents grumbling "I've gotta remember not to use TWO things here now?!?!!").
TimmySchneeks | Boccior - Gunslinger | Qixx - Sage Healer | Lagdalen - Guardian Tank | Tom'Mato - Vanguard DPS | Käylëë - Sentinel