Capt America - Civil War (hidden spoilers)

Shows, Films, and Books. Want to rant or rave about one, here is the place,
Furiel
Cardinal
Capt America - Civil War (hidden spoilers)

Post by Furiel » Sun May 08, 2016 6:20 pm

Overall I liked it. It was good, but not great like the previous Avengers movies, or probably really even the 2 previous Capt America movies. I do have a serious issue with the movie though...below in the spoilers...
Spoiler:
WHAT THE EVERLIVING FUCK DID THEY DO TO SPIDERMAN!!! Seriously, I feel like they did the character a major disservice. Aunt Mae is supposed to be a white haired retiree, not a still kinda hot early 50s Marisa Tomei. They had a prime opportunity to use his signature "With great power comes great responsibility" line during the scene with Tony and they missed it. He's supposed to be in college, not high school. And while he always talked during fights, it was usually witty trash talk, not some hyperactive shut-in with no social skills and ADD babbling. If this is what Marvel is going to do with their latest reboot of the Spiderman franchise I'm going to be REALLY upset.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Re: Capt America - Civil War (hidden spoilers)

Post by Blackferne » Wed May 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Spoiler:
I was fine with it. I'm sure the age was the same as may was in the original comics in the 60s. I mean 55 hottie is the new 40 hottie! I was actually happy to see him as a kid since all due respect MacGuire and Garfield gave us more of an adult aspect. It was like watching 90210 where all of high school looked like a college instead.

The bigger issue I had was the motivation for so many characters to come to blows over the Sokovia Accords. The Accords weren't given the proper weight. And it made the potentially real issues over Captain going off the reservation and rescuing his friend Bucky seem overblown. Also I'm not a huge fan of the dovetailing of Bucky killing Howard Stark and his wife. So is this conflict over the restraint of power, or because Tony has unresolved issues with his dad?

All that said I did like the movie a lot and was entertained by it.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Wed May 18, 2016 10:01 pm

Spoiler:
I enjoyed it but I went in knowing this wasn't going to be the true Civil War since the number of heros involved wasn't going to any where near what the comics included.

On Spiderman for me it made sense to me that he was as young as he was simply as a way to explain why he didn't get involved when New York was attack in the First Avengers. Also that his youngness lets him be a part of both the current generation and the next generation of super heros as I expect we will have a fair number of heros drop out as a part of the Infinity Wars.

I may be off base on this but wouldn't surprise me if they try and use the most recent cartoon, whatever its name is that I've caught a couple episodes when I channel surf, as a bases with him a kind of leader for a small group of heros and could even mean pulling in some of those heros on to the movie screen at some point.

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:11 pm

Spoiler:
I think the reason for the civil war felt very contrived. At least Tony and Cap didn't make up in the end because they realized their moms' both had the same first name...unlike some other recent movie catastrophe.