Cardinal
Avengers 2

Post by Dashl » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:43 pm

On my way to see it.

Furiel
Cardinal

Re: Avengers 2

Post by Furiel » Fri May 01, 2015 2:46 am

If you say anything about it that isn't hidden with a spoiler tag I will cut you...

No that is not hyperbole...I will literally drive down to Norman and filet you.

I won't see it til probably Monday night.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Fri May 01, 2015 3:49 am

Just to save Furiel on gas money, it was great.

No end credit scene, just one at mid credits.

Spoiler:
The Vision is awesome. I am stealing the tag that it is "the anti-Man of Steel movie". They do everything they can to minimize damage to people and property, and save people, not take the fight to the middle of a city. It does seem a lot was cut out of the movie, like everything with Thor's detour. One clip with a women in the cave from the first trailer isn't even in the movie.
Also, my spoilers are not actually spoilers.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Fri May 01, 2015 1:41 pm

Also, it had the Star Wars trailer in IMAX 3D.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Fri May 01, 2015 2:20 pm

Furiel wrote:If you say anything about it that isn't hidden with a spoiler tag I will cut you...

No that is not hyperbole...I will literally drive down to Norman and filet you.

I won't see it til probably Monday night.
Don't worry Furiel I had your back if it can come to it, that is unless you needed the satisfaction of doing it yourself. Oh and seeing it the first time this Saturday though it will be the 2d version since my brotherinlaw's eye problems prevent him from being able to see 3D in the theaters.

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Mon May 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Spoiler:
Liked:
-Basically...the whole movie.
-A few new heroes introduced...The Vision's encounter with the last Ultron clone seemed like old friends meeting...superbly executed.
-The setup for phase 3 is awesome. Hulk is MIA, Iron Man goes AWOL, Thor needs to go check stuff out (Ragnarok), and Captain America has a group of new recruits to train (*YAY!Civil war*).
-The action. Oh. My. God.
-Cutscene in the credits..."I'll do it myself". Nice glove there...

Disliked:
-Tony Stark's obsession with world peace throughout the movie seemed awfully forced. It was somewhat believable, but came out of left field for some reason.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon May 04, 2015 3:36 pm

Dodd Formeianna wrote:
Spoiler:
Liked:
-A few new heroes introduced...The Vision's encounter with the last Ultron clone seemed like old friends meeting...superbly executed.
-The setup for phase 3 is awesome. Hulk is MIA, Iron Man goes AWOL, Thor needs to go check stuff out (Ragnarok), and Captain America has a group of new recruits to train (*YAY!Civil war*).

Disliked:
-Tony Stark's obsession with world peace throughout the movie seemed awfully forced. It was somewhat believable, but came out of left field for some reason.
Spoiler:
Tony's obsession I think was after effects of Iron Man 3 (I have not seen, but have read some reviews and summaries of) and the Scarlet Witch showing the pile o' dead avengers.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon May 04, 2015 3:45 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Dodd Formeianna wrote:
Spoiler:
Liked:

Disliked:
Spoiler:
Tony's obsession I think was after effects of Iron Man 3 (I have not seen, but have read some reviews and summaries of) and the Scarlet Witch showing the pile o' dead avengers.
Spoiler:
I think that's something that has been building since the first Iron Man if you think about the whole plot of that movie. Then in IM2 he was kinda focused on the whole I'm dieing thing. IM3 and now Avengers 2 is getting us back to Tony being obsessed with the fact that his legacy had been built on war and death and that he wants it to be something better. To me it seems a natural progression across the films.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Mon May 04, 2015 3:54 pm

Furiel wrote:
Blackferne wrote:
Dodd Formeianna wrote:
Spoiler:
Liked:

Disliked:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I think that's something that has been building since the first Iron Man if you think about the whole plot of that movie. Then in IM2 he was kinda focused on the whole I'm dieing thing. IM3 and now Avengers 2 is getting us back to Tony being obsessed with the fact that his legacy had been built on war and death and that he wants it to be something better. To me it seems a natural progression across the films.
Spoiler:
Agreed, but with how Avengers 2 ended I'm a little curious how they intend to have this lead into Civil War. Its obvious some of the events that happened are going to be used to lead in. The issue being Tony seemed to be done so kind of feels like its going to be a stretch to bringing him back on the side he is he is suppose to be on in Civil War.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon May 04, 2015 4:05 pm

Staris wrote:
Furiel wrote:
Blackferne wrote:
Dodd Formeianna wrote:
Spoiler:
Liked:

Disliked:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Agreed, but with how Avengers 2 ended I'm a little curious how they intend to have this lead into Civil War. Its obvious some of the events that happened are going to be used to lead in. The issue being Tony seemed to be done so kind of feels like its going to be a stretch to bringing him back on the side he is he is suppose to be on in Civil War.
Spoiler:
I think it is safe to say comic canon civil war will not be what we see. If I had to guess it would be Scarlet Witch opening Tony's eyes that there is a lot more danger out there than is known and the best way for the Avengers to deal with those threats is to identify anyone with powers, and of course being Stark that will be some broad overreach surveillance state thing (Dark Knight Sonar phones) which will no doubt rub Captain the Wrong way.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Thu May 07, 2015 4:11 pm

By far the most accurate review which describes my feelings toward this movie - I thought of the discussion on this thread while reading. Spoiler alert - don't click the link unless you've seen it yet...
posting.php?mode=reply&f=43&t=2009
But bottom line, still an excellent movie. I'm banking that Star JJ Wars will rock my world, but this movie will still take its place amongst the top movies of 2015 for me.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu May 07, 2015 4:36 pm

Complete viewing order of every Marvel movie and TV show...

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/marvel-cinem ... -avengers/
Cuspar