Celebration Livestream...and a new trailer for Ep7

Shows, Films, and Books. Want to rant or rave about one, here is the place,
Dodd Formeianna
Priest
Re: Celebration Livestream...and a new trailer for Ep7

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:01 pm

Dashl wrote:
Spoiler:
Hamill was "cleared" to tell the packed house that he did record a voiceover specifically for the new teaser trailer, which debuted on Thursday during the Celebration kick-off panel.

In the teaser, we hear Luke's voice saying a familiar, but slightly altered line from "Return of the Jedi": "The force is strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. My sister has it. You have that power too."

He laughed and said that he kept messing up and saying: "My father had it."
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/mark-ham ... 42989.html

See!!! What the heck is going on?
Spoiler:
Based on the spoilers I know, Vader won't be making a direct return in Ep7...The main baddie is CGI, being played by Andy Serkis (aka Gollum), and his voiceover is heard in the first teaser. He is reported to have an undead-like appearance (like a zombie) and is pulling the strings of both Kylo Ren as well as the General from the First Order...aka the new empire. No spoilers have been reported regarding his name, but his code in the scripts is "Uber".
READ THIS SPOILER BELOW ONLY IF YOU REALLY ARENT CONCERNED ABOUT PLOT DETAILS FOR EP 7!!!! FINAL WARNING.
Spoiler:
The main plot device is supposedly a lightsaber, based on the rumours I have read. Kylo Ren is a collector of Sith artifacts, including Vader's Helmet, and must get this saber at all costs...the saber has a power crystal which is a key to unlock a Sith Crypt. After a flashback in the movie, we learn that Luke restarts the Jedi Academy, but something really bad goes down and Luke has been in hiding for a very long period. Once the heroes find the saber at the beginning of the movie, they eventually befriend Han Solo, who helps them find Luke. The kicker here is that Luke only has a few minutes of screen time in TFA, but it set up with a larger role in Ep8...

There's a lot of other stuff going on in this movie, including the death of one of the big 3...whom Kylo Ren offs, setting him up as the Vader of the new trilogy, but that's all I'm aware of.
I'm not sure if I'm right with all these rumours, but I have been following spoilers since day one and this comes from multiple sources...so take it all with a grain of salt.

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Re: Celebration Livestream...and a new trailer for Ep7

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:20 pm

http://www.starwars.com/news/rogue-one- ... on-anaheim
What we know about Rogue One:
-"the film will revolve around a rogue band of resistance fighters who unite for a daring mission to steal the Death Star plans and bring new hope to the galaxy."
-Timeline will be between Ep III and IV.
-No Jedi. But no official word about Sith, however.
-A leaked trailer yesterday (now removed via Disney Copyright claims) showed a flythrough of a forest planet...looked more like Yavin IV rather than Endor...and panned up to show a giant, fully constructed Death Star hovering in orbit.

A lot of people have been celebrating that we'd finally see Bothan Spies. It's possible we may, but not a slam dunk. Mon Mothma's comments in ROTJ regarding the data providing by Bothan Spies was for the 2nd death star, and this is a completely separate timeframe. I'd suspect we'll likely see at least some Geonosians since their engineers conferred the plans to Count Dooku during the Battle of Geonosis. Still, it would be cool to finally have the Bothan Spy Network onscreen for a change.

It seems Disney has a full clean slate to do whatever they want here. But still, it's an interesting concept for a movie that will serve as a cool story-based prequel for EP IV.