Daredevil

Shows, Films, and Books. Want to rant or rave about one, here is the place,
Dashl
Cardinal
Daredevil

Post by Dashl » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:02 am

Anyone watch yet? I am going to start watching Monday morning.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Re: Daredevil

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:12 pm

It is on the list for summer watching after flash, shield, arrow, and gotham go on summer break.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:52 pm

I watched the first few episodes. It feels a little formulaic, but I hope that's them just getting their feet wet. 40 minutes of "Law and Order" followed by 10 minutes of "Bruce Lee"

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 pm

I watched all 13 in a row yesterday. I think it is amazing, and easily the best Marvel show. It is also proof Gotham should have been Batman Year One, and would work, as long as the writers don't destroy the source material.

Dodd Formeianna
Priest

Post by Dodd Formeianna » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:36 pm

In between changing diapers, nap schedules, work and studies...my time for TV is very extremely limited. I just finished Breaking Bad (Yeah, I know...horrible). I'm halfway through Season 2 Agents of Shield, and Season 5 of Walking Dead. As it just started, Game of Thrones currently trumps all else on Sunday nights.

That said, I managed to watch a few episodes of Daredevil on Saturday, I think I'm on Episode 4 now. I like what I've seen so far. very gritty, but still fits within the MCU nicely.
Spoiler:
IMHO, the hallway fight in Ep2 was brilliantly executed. But must have been a choreography nightmare to pull it all off in a single shot...I wonder how many takes they required to nail it perfectly.

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:47 pm

Spoiler:
The actor that plays Kingpin is amazing. It's painful to hear him talk to Vanessa...painful in a good way. I loved his bash on wearing a white coat and ascot.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:31 pm

I actually jumped into this last night, got two episodes down so far....
Spoiler:
The Ep2 hallway fight was awesome, and after the exhaustion... simply hilarious. I busted out laughing when he tripped over a dude and cartwheeled into the other room! Also, it was nice to see a person look worn completely out during and after a fight. Just one of those little details that seems to slip by so much of Hollywood.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:29 pm

So.. another funny bit I appreciated:
Spoiler:
Can't recall if it was ep3 or ep4, but when it was said "Maybe if you had a suit of armor or a giant hammer...." Pretty awesome way to give a nod to the Avengers, while poking fun at them at the same time.
Bulwark wrote:
Spoiler:
The actor that plays Kingpin is amazing. It's painful to hear him talk to Vanessa...painful in a good way. I loved his bash on wearing a white coat and ascot.
My thoughts:
Spoiler:
Vincent D'Onofrio is a pretty fantastic actor. He can do psycho fairly well, which I think his foundation for that was laid down with his roles as Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket and Carl Stargher in The Cell. His role now as Fisk seems as if he is battling absolute rage, as well as crippling fear, at every second he is awake. Very interesting, and I am looking forward to see how it plays out.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:25 pm

We're 3 episodes in. I am loving it. And as a plus it seems unlike Arrow the lawyers aren't playing TV Law.

(Season 1 and 2 of Arrow Jess often said "Well that would have Laurel disbarred" like 50 times)
Jounville Blackferne

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:22 pm

Blackferne wrote:We're 3 episodes in. I am loving it. And as a plus it seems unlike Arrow the lawyers aren't playing TV Law.

(Season 1 and 2 of Arrow Jess often said "Well that would have Laurel disbarred" like 50 times)
Spoiler:
Beating the crap out of your client wouldn't get your disbarred? ;)

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:33 pm

Bulwark wrote:
Blackferne wrote:We're 3 episodes in. I am loving it. And as a plus it seems unlike Arrow the lawyers aren't playing TV Law.

Spoiler:
Beating the crap out of your client wouldn't get your disbarred? ;)
Spoiler:
Only if he had been caught which as shocking at what happened meant there was no longer a chance for that.

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:13 pm

Finished the season yesterday.. I was a super-sad-panda. :woe:
Spoiler:
I absolutely knew they were going to introduce the suit in the last episode... Once they did it just made me want more episodes IMMEDIATELY. Not sure I like his transforming sticks though.. seems clunky in a fight.
I sure hope they don't wait forever to release more ep's, but I suppose they will do it like always.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:35 pm

Well Netflix has Daredevil as well as Iron First, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage which should end up as a Defenders show/movie thing. So fun times ahead.
Jounville Blackferne

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:37 pm

From the IGN interview, they are waiting on the word for Season 2. They are now filming the Jessica Jones series, which will have Luke Cage. Then he gets a series, then Iron Fist, then they all team up for a "The Defenders" either a series or movie, can't remember.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:17 pm

Season 2 was announced last night, but with a different show runner.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:28 pm

Dashl wrote:Season 2 was announced last night, but with a different show runner.
Whenever I see the term "show runner" I think of Dan Harmon of Community fame. Dan Harmon's Daredevil would be...interesting.
Jounville Blackferne

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:35 pm

Spoiler:
Madame Gao is not from China but somewhere further? She sure sent Murdoch flying with that 1 handed hit. What are the odds of her not being from this earth?

Marrkin
Bishop

Post by Marrkin » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:23 pm

Bulwark wrote:
Spoiler:
Madame Gao is not from China but somewhere further? She sure sent Murdoch flying with that 1 handed hit. What are the odds of her not being from this earth?
There is a theory about that...
Spoiler:
The theory per IGN is that she is the "Crane Mother" from the otherworldly place called K'un L'un, which apparently is where Iron Fist gained his powers. Seeing as how Iron Fist is upcoming, I figure this isn't a great stretch. Best if it is read here, along with the other bits of awesome: IGN's List of DareDevil Easter Egg's

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Sun May 03, 2015 11:19 pm

Finished watching episode 2 last night. Definitely 2 thumbs up.
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:44 pm

So I'm still working my way through. Just finished episode 9, but I do have a question about episode 7:
Spoiler:
At the end we see Stick talking to that guy next to the incense. Do we find out what that whole thing is about, or is that a thread to be picked up later in the other netflix Marvel shows?
Jounville Blackferne

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:42 am

Spoiler:
Season 2 it looks like.
To answer your question.