GothamS1E3

Shows, Films, and Books. Want to rant or rave about one, here is the place,
Dashl
Cardinal
GothamS1E3

Post by Dashl » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:30 pm

Spoiler:
Why do they all have old televisions? The police station and Bruce Wayne all have really old CRT's. It also looks like Wayne Manor is taking the Smallville approach, in that all scenes are only filmed in one room of the house. I think we are 3 for 3 on Barbara in just a shirt and no pants for the season.

Bulwark
Cardinal

Re: GothamS1E3

Post by Bulwark » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:44 pm

Maybe she can't afford pants. Pants are expensive in Gotham.

I originally had that in a spoiler tag, but I thought it would be better if it was read without context. ;)

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:22 pm

Dashl wrote:
Spoiler:
Why do they all have old televisions? The police station and Bruce Wayne all have really old CRT's. It also looks like Wayne Manor is taking the Smallville approach, in that all scenes are only filmed in one room of the house. I think we are 3 for 3 on Barbara in just a shirt and no pants for the season.
Spoiler:
My guess would be that this is in the past so that the grown up Bruce Wayne as batman would be present day.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:35 pm

Spoiler:
To answer Dashl's query I think it is a very specific art direction choice. They want a pre-batman universe to feel like early 80s NYC. I noticed that all the office equipment in GCPD feels like used crap. It is a very aesthetic choice. It will be interesting to see how long they keep 'cyber crime' off the script. Because I think that would kill a lot of the good points on the show.

Now I love that they introduced balloon man. It was a good take on a vigilante and the guy I found sympathetic. Though when they found the last balloon I was surprised they didn't just shoot the balloon. I mean okay so you don't know where he is, stop the balloon to begin with and get to normal manhunt.

Also Penguin....soooo delicious. I think his arc is the most interesting thing on the show and watching him reminds me of watching Michael Rosenbaum as Lex on Smallville. Can't wait to see next week.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum