Game: An Unpaid Debt

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Furiel
Cardinal
Re: Game: An Unpaid Debt

Post by Furiel » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:08 pm

OOC: what were the guards in the auction room armed with and what kind of security screening and weapons scanning did we encounter at the enterance to the auction room?
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:30 pm

T-Plush and Klak are going to open an excrypted channel to Count Dooku to brief the boss on the auction.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:42 pm

@Furiel The guards had carbines mostly. The security was just a basic handheld weapon scanner to register energy signatures for weapons, or identify potential weapons. Think like getting wanded at the airport but they let you bring in a sidearm.

@Furiel and Klak

You open up an encrypted vid channel to Dooku.

"Greetings Mr. Plush and Mr. Reen. What is Joonhali selling that he assures us is of such great value?" He says in his dour tone of voice.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:00 pm

Blackferne wrote:@Furiel The guards had carbines mostly. The security was just a basic handheld weapon scanner to register energy signatures for weapons, or identify potential weapons. Think like getting wanded at the airport but they let you bring in a sidearm.

@Furiel and Klak

You open up an encrypted vid channel to Dooku.

"Greetings Mr. Plush and Mr. Reen. What is Joonhali selling that he assures us is of such great value?" He says in his dour tone of voice.
Tony gives a slight bow to Count Dooku

"Mr. Joonhali claims to be selling the location of the Katana Fleet. He says he has one of the nav computers from one of the ships in his possession that we can examine tomorrow to demonstrate authenticity. However he says he will have techs on hand to ensure we don't access the data core and swipe the coordinates during our verification. Which leaves us only to examine the hardware, which unfortunately all of the data for those components is readily available so it could be a fake.

The things that count in Joonhali's favor for it being authentic are the fact that by dealing with the powers he is he knows if it's a scam he would never escape our reach to enjoy the credits he would have pilfered, he is setting up a credit transfer through a reputable bank that would escrow the credits until delivery and when he was telling us what he found and answering our questions about it I was not able to detect any deception from him. Which is not to say he was not lieing and just very good at it, but I'm not completely unskilled at detecting deception either.

An added annoyance to this situation is that there is a third bidding party as well. I can only assume he represents the Hutts or some other criminal organization, I have not been able to ferret out his allegience yet, but if he is backed by a Hutt Cartell he could conceivably drive up the bidding, but would likely not have the funding to stay in the bidding long term.

Which coincidentally Mr. Joonhali intends to do tomorrow with a minimum bid of 711 million credits."

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:12 pm

@Tony and Klak

"What precautions has Mr. Joonhali taken to prevent us from just diverting a cruiser to the station and take it by force?"
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:24 pm

Blackferne wrote:@Tony and Klak

"What precautions has Mr. Joonhali taken to prevent us from just diverting a cruiser to the station and take it by force?"
"Currently it's in the vault which is heavily guarded in the innermost part of the station. The auction is scheduled for 11 AM tomorrow morning and will only run a couple hours. He told us, however the other delegates are not aware of this to my knowledge, that he has taken the precautions of having all of the droids that were with him on his trip when he located the fleet memory wiped and the nav computer on his personal yacht replaced and the previous one destroyed, leaving this unit as the only one with the precise coordinates. He has created a very tight timeline combined with the remoteness of this station to prevent us, and assumedly the Republic, from getting any significant naval assets here before the auction would have been completed and the winning delegation to have exited the sector already. I have not confirmed it, but I would assume that if we were to get a naval vessel here prior to the auction that he would either destroy the unit or attempt to leave the system with it and exclude us from future sales if he was successful in escaping.

Also the Republic delegation has already attempted to stall the auction once so I believe they may be considering such a move."

*edited in last sentance

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:24 pm

@Furiel and Klak

"How feasible would it be to allow one of the other bidders to win, and then steal the unit directly from them?"
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:48 pm

Blackferne wrote:@Furiel and Klak

"How feasible would it be to allow one of the other bidders to win, and then steal the unit directly from them?"
"I'm sure that an "accident" for one of the envoy ships could be arranged if it became necessary." Tony replies with a wicked grin. "The question on that would be ensuring that the delegation we want to win, does. Currently I am unaware of what ship the other delegate arrived on, so I'm not sure what challenges, if any, it would present to us."

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:59 pm

@Furiel and Klak

"I want you two to buy a droid on the Confederacy account. Intel tells me the provisioning shop has a droid seller as a part. Out fit it with inspection protocols that I will send to you over the net. We will set up the line of credit as Mr. Joonhali asks and I want you two to go along with things as expected. We will inspect the item, should it appear to be valid, report back to me and we will assess the next step. I will be swinging a cruiser just out of sensor range to provide backup if needed. Any questions?"
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:16 pm

Blackferne wrote:@Furiel and Klak

"I want you two to buy a droid on the Confederacy account. Intel tells me the provisioning shop has a droid seller as a part. Out fit it with inspection protocols that I will send to you over the net. We will set up the line of credit as Mr. Joonhali asks and I want you two to go along with things as expected. We will inspect the item, should it appear to be valid, report back to me and we will assess the next step. I will be swinging a cruiser just out of sensor range to provide backup if needed. Any questions?"
"No Count Dooku, your orders are crystal clear. I would like to request any intel we might have on the competition if we have any though. The Republic envoys are a Bothan and Human team. I believe they are both intelligence operatives, their ship is called the Jive Turkey. I will forward images of them as well shortly. The other delegate goes by the name Frostasson. I will be providing an image of him as well. Any additional data we can get on them and their capabilities could give us an edge in the coming negotiations and future operations that arise from the auction.

Horny, do you have anything I might have missed?"

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:35 pm

@ Jokull

A short man with a potbelly, a balding head and sideburns approaches you sitting at the bar. "I'm not into games kid. I'm here as a favor. He told me to say wengo or whatever. I'm not into cloak and dagger shit so grab a round of something stronger than that kid's milk you're drinking and meet me in that alcove." He proceeds to go to the dimly lit alcove in the corner and take a small box out of his coat and place it on the table.
Jounville Blackferne

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:40 pm

Klak considers for a moment and adds in

"My preference would be for our business to run through a banking clan establishment. Perhaps after the initial funding is placed in the neutral bank we can place the reserves with one of our trusted sources rather than move funds to Joonhali's bank. It would be important to note strongly that our weaponry is restricted in this location so any back-up should be as close as possible without being noticed, we are excellent fighters but can only hold off an entire station for so long."

After racking his brain for anything really important Klak adds

"there is also another personality on the station I would like to know more about. If we have any information on Bran, a bartender in one of the local cantina's, that could be helpful. He seems trustworthy enough but I am sure has access to more information than he is willing to share. Also, a woman by the name of Avonna. She has some connection to Joonhali, perhaps a potential ally."
This... I Command!

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:41 pm

Bulwark and Dood patiently wait for a reply from the Republic.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:48 pm

Bulwark wrote:Bulwark and Dood patiently wait for a reply from the Republic.
General Kenobi answers the call.

"Greetings Mr. Migs and Mr. Ammnel. How goes the assignment? What is Joonhali selling?"
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:35 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Bulwark wrote:Bulwark and Dood patiently wait for a reply from the Republic.
General Kenobi answers the call.

"Greetings Mr. Migs and Mr. Ammnel. How goes the assignment? What is Joonhali selling?"
He didn't read the report?
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:46 pm

Bulwark rolls his eyes and says quietly to Dood, "They are all the same. You spend all your time writing reports for them that they never read. I wasn't aware the Jedi's had a Bureaucratic branch. I'd wager 50 credits that a Jedi Bureaucrat could take a Jedi Guardian with paper cuts alone. Not to mention their powers of red tape."

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:15 am

@Bulwark and Dood

"I'm more interested in you flushing out the details. Things a written report cannot communicate. What is your sense? Is this a trap, a con, should we just pull you two back now?"
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:19 am

Blackferne wrote:@ Jokull

A short man with a potbelly, a balding head and sideburns approaches you sitting at the bar. "I'm not into games kid. I'm here as a favor. He told me to say wengo or whatever. I'm not into cloak and dagger shit so grab a round of something stronger than that kid's milk you're drinking and meet me in that alcove." He proceeds to go to the dimly lit alcove in the corner and take a small box out of his coat and place it on the table.
Jokull orders a Corellian Rum and heads to the alcove, waiting for the stranger to speak first.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:35 am

Blackferne wrote:@Bulwark and Dood

"I'm more interested in you flushing out the details. Things a written report cannot communicate. What is your sense? Is this a trap, a con, should we just pull you two back now?"
"This definitely feels like a con. He's dangling a pretty prize in front of our eyes and hope we don't notice all of the peculiar requests that he is making. Like my grandpa use to say, 'If something looks to good to be true, shoot the guy in the freakin' face because he's trying to steal your wallet.'
That being said, I would not mind seeing the Separatists lose a couple billion credits to this guy."

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:15 pm

@Jokull

As you approach the alcove with the drinks you take a quick look at the thing he placed on the table. You've seen them before, it is an ELD scrambler used to mask conversations from eavesdropping. He takes the drink from you and takes a good size sip.

"So I'm here. Pehri says there is some kind of auction and we need to put a stop to it, but as usual he was light on the details. You may not know me, hell I would be shocked if you knew me. In the organization I'm just known as the Ox. So for all intents and purposes you will call me the Ox or Mr. Ox if you prefer. What I do, is well I fix things. So give me the run down. Who are the players, and what is the score?"
Jounville Blackferne

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:16 pm

Bulwark wrote:"This definitely feels like a con. He's dangling a pretty prize in front of our eyes and hope we don't notice all of the peculiar requests that he is making. Like my grandpa use to say, 'If something looks to good to be true, shoot the guy in the freakin' face because he's trying to steal your wallet.'
That being said, I would not mind seeing the Separatists lose a couple billion credits to this guy."

"What do you think the likelyhood is that it is real? Do you have droids capable of running inspection protocols to give you a better sense of what is going on?"
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:27 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Bulwark wrote:"This definitely feels like a con. He's dangling a pretty prize in front of our eyes and hope we don't notice all of the peculiar requests that he is making. Like my grandpa use to say, 'If something looks to good to be true, shoot the guy in the freakin' face because he's trying to steal your wallet.'

"What do you think the likelyhood is that it is real? Do you have droids capable of running inspection protocols to give you a better sense of what is going on?"
"Our R2 and GY units can probably perform the task."

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:37 pm

@Dood and Bulwark

"While I"m inclined to agree with you that it may be a con, I don't know that we can risk the Confederacy getting 200 ships because we were wrong. I'll have the credit line with Rossi established and use intel resources within Rossi to keep an eye on the transaction. They have too many assets in republic space to try anything crazy." He strokes his beard "I'll send you an inspection program for Gyl and keep me posted after the inspection for further orders. Any questions?"
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:32 am

Blackferne wrote:@Dood and Bulwark

"While I"m inclined to agree with you that it may be a con, I don't know that we can risk the Confederacy getting 200 ships because we were wrong. I'll have the credit line with Rossi established and use intel resources within Rossi to keep an eye on the transaction. They have too many assets in republic space to try anything crazy." He strokes his beard "I'll send you an inspection program for Gyl and keep me posted after the inspection for further orders. Any questions?"
Dood looks to Bulwark and then back to Kenobi.

"Assuming this is the real deal, and assuming we lose the auction, what then?"

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 am

Dood wrote:
Blackferne wrote:@Dood and Bulwark

Dood looks to Bulwark and then back to Kenobi.

"Assuming this is the real deal, and assuming we lose the auction, what then?"
"Well let's not lose the auction then." Kenobi says with a smirk. "I trust each of you are capable of damage control should that happen."
Jounville Blackferne