Short game idea

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Blackferne
Archbishop
Short game idea

Post by Blackferne » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:00 pm

This last weekend I watched the entirety of season one of the clone wars. I got an idea for a one and done adventure which I think could be fun. The game is "one episode" and your characters would be one time deals. All players would start be level 10. All race and classes would be from the core rule book only. There would be some restriction on class choices, but that is dependent on some background info I would be providing on your character. If interested sign up in this thread. Max 6 players. Reply by Wednesday aim to start next Monday.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Reese
Priest

Short game idea

Post by Reese » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:40 pm

I'm in. Klak II

Sent from my JesusPhone using TapaTeamEdward
This... I Command!

Bulwark
Cardinal

Re: Short game idea

Post by Bulwark » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:23 pm

I'm in

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:54 pm

Tony Plush rides again.

Tony Plush at level 10...be afraid...be very very afraid. :twisted:
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:33 pm

Of course I'm in. Why are you asking? Like you can't feel that. You know it hurts, it's OK, you can show it.
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:44 am

Signups so far:
Whitey (via IM chat)
Dood
Reese
Furiel
Bulwark

Sending PMS with some important game notes.
Jounville Blackferne

Reese
Priest

Short game idea

Post by Reese » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:53 am

Blackferne wrote:Signups so far:
Whitey (via IM chat)
Dood
Reese
Furiel
Bulwark

Sending PMS with some important game notes.
When my wife sends me PMS it ends in yelling.

Sent from my JesusPhone using TapaTeamEdward
This... I Command!

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:34 am

For attribute scores For when you design the level 1 version of your character the sum of the attributes is 85 with no individual stat going above 18 (before racial is added) and no attribute being below 8 (before racial penalty is applied). If you decide to be a droid the attribute budget is 71 (same 18 and 8 parameters). Remember that as you "level up" you get the attribite bumps at 4 and 8.

As for equipment your budget is as follows For each level you take in the following classes you get the following amount
If it is Jedi: 1200
If it is Noble: 4,800
If it is Scoundrel: 3,000
If it is Scout: 3,000
If it is Soldier: 3,000

Prestige classes get no money bonus

So Let's say you are 3 soldier, 3 scout, 2 noble, 2 Bounty Hunter you would get: 3000+3000+3000(soldier so far) + 3000+3000+3000 (your scout money) + 4800+4800(noble money) +0+0(BH money)= 27,600

As for ships. You are each allowed one small ship. A personal starfighter type which has some base stats. If you choose you can "trade it in for 20k credits" going towards another ship found in either the core rule book, clone war rule book or the starships of the galaxy rulebook. The ship must be era appropriate (IE no Old Republic or 25+ ABY era ships)

If you have any other questions let me know.
Jounville Blackferne

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:36 am

For specific weapon or armors that are illegal or military please consult with me on your character to see if it is allowed.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:57 am

By one shot, you are also saying we will not be leveling up at all, correct?
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:05 am

Whiteness wrote:By one shot, you are also saying we will not be leveling up at all, correct?
For the duration of the story it is just level 10. Should it work well and a reasonable sequel could be done you'd basically just roll the next game as level 11.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:36 pm

Blackferne wrote:For attribute scores For when you design the level 1 version of your character the sum of the attributes is 85 with no individual stat going above 18 (before racial is added) and no attribute being below 8 (before racial penalty is applied). If you decide to be a droid the attribute budget is 71 (same 18 and 8 parameters). Remember that as you "level up" you get the attribite bumps at 4 and 8.

As for equipment your budget is as follows For each level you take in the following classes you get the following amount

So Let's say you are 3 soldier, 3 scout, 2 noble, 2 Bounty Hunter you would get: 3000+3000+3000(soldier so far) + 3000+3000+3000 (your scout money) + 4800+4800(noble money) +0+0(BH money)= 27,600

As for ships. You are each allowed one small ship. A personal starfighter type which has some base stats. If you choose you can "trade it in for 20k credits" going towards another ship found in either the core rule book, clone war rule book or the starships of the galaxy rulebook. The ship must be era appropriate (IE no Old Republic or 25+ ABY era ships)

Y U hatin on prestige classes?
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:54 pm

Furiel wrote:
Blackferne wrote:For attribute scores For when you design the level 1 version of your character the sum of the attributes is 85 with no individual stat going above 18 (before racial is added) and no attribute being below 8 (before racial penalty is applied). If you decide to be a droid the attribute budget is 71 (same 18 and 8 parameters). Remember that as you "level up" you get the attribite bumps at 4 and 8.

Y U hatin on prestige classes?
You are getting cool skills in lieu of cash.
Jounville Blackferne

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:47 pm

Fine. I'm in. But I'm really busy so I might have the odd time where I'll let Pat use my guy as an NPC.

Um. Mon Cal noble named Cuspar Inirv'E.
Cuspar

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:57 pm

I think I finished my character, I just need to decide on a few talents

Jokull Frostasson - Began life in a lower middle class family until his merchant father Snaer works his way up to running an extremely profitable trading company in the outer rim. From then on, Jokull lived the finer life, although it was at the cost of his father's absence as his time and presence was required elsewhere inorder to build the family fortune. For Jokull, living in high society was a boring existance, but one that provided him contacts he would find useful later on in life. He had a keen understanding of people and quickly learned how to manipulate most situations to his advantage. When plague came to his homeworld it had hit his family hard, causing him to lose his immediate family aside from his father who rarely returned home. He was just 20 and was picked up by one of his father's captains with the intention of bringing Jokull to his father's distant headquarters. This was his first visit to the outer rim and he was not prepared for life away from the creature comforts he was accustomed to. Jokull learned many things from his father as he was groomed to lead after him, though he has not taken the helm as of yet. The most important thing he learned was to survive at all costs.

It has been 15 years since he left home and he as since become successful in his own right, taking on whatever business venture was the most profitable and exciting. Having survived the hardships of outer rim life he is a far cry from the young man he once was.

35 yr old human male nobel/scout/gunslinger Jokull Frostasson is ready.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Update:

I've decided to allow the Clone Wars source book to be used as well. If you see something you want to use (equipment, class, talent, feat wise) it is okay as long as it comes from Core rules, Starship, or Clone War AND is era appropriate.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:16 pm

Blackferne wrote:Update:

I've decided to allow the Clone Wars source book to be used as well. If you see something you want to use (equipment, class, talent, feat wise) it is okay as long as it comes from Core rules, Starship, or Clone War AND is era appropriate.
I shall review said sourcebook and let you know if I need to make any adjustments to Mr. Plush.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:35 pm

As of yet I have not seen completed character sheets for Reese, Dood, Bulwark. I have not seen completed backgrounds from Reese, Dood, or T-Plush.

So wednesday we start?
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:18 pm

Would it be possible to put up the same sort of charsheet spreadsheet you had for our previous game? I finally just downloaded it and started using the formulae and whatnot, but it is honestly much easier than doing this by hand.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:26 pm

Dood wrote:Would it be possible to put up the same sort of charsheet spreadsheet you had for our previous game? I finally just downloaded it and started using the formulae and whatnot, but it is honestly much easier than doing this by hand.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... E&hl=en_US

Copy of the sheet. Just copy the master and start filling in. I'll periodically check and reformat as needed.
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Dood wrote:Would it be possible to put up the same sort of charsheet spreadsheet you had for our previous game? I finally just downloaded it and started using the formulae and whatnot, but it is honestly much easier than doing this by hand.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... E&hl=en_US

Copy of the sheet. Just copy the master and start filling in. I'll periodically check and reformat as needed.

Danke.

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:27 pm

for doing the "1/2 level" column, use the FLOOR() function
ex =FLOOR(B2/2,1) instead of =B2/2. It gets rid of the .5s

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:32 pm

Bulwark wrote:for doing the "1/2 level" column, use the FLOOR() function
Shouldn't this be a non-issue since we're level 10 and it goes by heroic level...

The Plush Family:

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:36 pm

Furiel wrote:
Bulwark wrote:for doing the "1/2 level" column, use the FLOOR() function
Shouldn't this be a non-issue since we're level 10 and it goes by heroic level...
for future reference.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:44 pm

Blackferne wrote:As of yet I have not seen completed character sheets for Reese, Dood, Bulwark. I have not seen completed backgrounds from Reese, Dood, or T-Plush.

So wednesday we start?
T-Plush background

Tony joined the military and served honorably until he was framed and jailed for a crime he did not commit. From there he escaped a maximium security prison into the Separatist underground. Today he works as a soldier of fortune. So if you have a problem, and nobody else will help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire, Tony Plush!

The Plush Family: