I had a dream last night that

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Blackferne
Archbishop
I had a dream last night that

Post by Blackferne » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:20 pm

I was playing AD&D (2.0 ruleset) as a Rodian Thief.

Anyone else ever have a weird dream like that?
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Furiel
Cardinal

Re: I had a dream last night that

Post by Furiel » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:42 pm

Yeah, I had a dream that we held a forum game, and all of the players stayed engaged in it for more than a couple weeks and it was epic.

Alas there is a name for that kind of dream...pipe dream.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:45 pm

If only I was allowed to kill humanoids. I could have cleaned up a few problems. :woe:
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:51 pm

Blackferne wrote:If only I was allowed to kill humanoids. I could have cleaned up a few problems. :woe:
Well, that issue was being worked on. Since the capaign is dead I suppose I can tell you now what happened in your missing 4 hours.

You were not memory wiped. It was all part of a sleeper agent reprogramming the Imps did with you. The memory blocks were giving a false wiped reading to you to hide the real programming, which was an override to your safety programming along with a companion kill order for Cookie. So at some point later in the game that I hadn't decided on yet during one of your mission briefings with Cookie I was going to take control of you and have you borrow one of your teammates blasters and kill Cookie, all while having you scream about how you lost control of your motor functions. Then once Cookie was dead (this wouldn't have been a roll it out combat, but a story combat) you would regain full control of yourself and you would have had full access again to what happened in those 4 hours, which was basically them taking you in to the office, doing the reprogramming, according to your logs they did NOT dump your memory, then they put you in an escapable but dangerous situation to plant the seeds of you not being setup as a sleeper agent. Also you would have the anti-safety restriction programming in place as well, it would just be dormant, but you could have found ways to tap into it for the future.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:57 pm

And that would have resulted in the party killing me outright or wiping my memory at that point.
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:01 pm

Furiel wrote:
Blackferne wrote:If only I was allowed to kill humanoids. I could have cleaned up a few problems. :woe:
Well, that issue was being worked on. Since the capaign is dead I suppose I can tell you now what happened in your missing 4 hours.

You were not memory wiped. It was all part of a sleeper agent reprogramming the Imps did with you. The memory blocks were giving a false wiped reading to you to hide the real programming, which was an override to your safety programming along with a companion kill order for Cookie. So at some point later in the game that I hadn't decided on yet during one of your mission briefings with Cookie I was going to take control of you and have you borrow one of your teammates blasters and kill Cookie, all while having you scream about how you lost control of your motor functions. Then once Cookie was dead (this wouldn't have been a roll it out combat, but a story combat) you would regain full control of yourself and you would have had full access again to what happened in those 4 hours, which was basically them taking you in to the office, doing the reprogramming, according to your logs they did NOT dump your memory, then they put you in an escapable but dangerous situation to plant the seeds of you not being setup as a sleeper agent. Also you would have the anti-safety restriction programming in place as well, it would just be dormant, but you could have found ways to tap into it for the future.
I TOLD YOU SO!
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:48 pm

Blackferne wrote:And that would have resulted in the party killing me outright or wiping my memory at that point.
Maybe, maybe not. I wasn't planning that til somewhere in the level 5 to 7 range so there would have been some trust built up by that point. Also I was planning on it happening in a situation where you could easily be given a "clean bill of health" from some alliance droid experts as well.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:10 pm

Furiel wrote:
Blackferne wrote:And that would have resulted in the party killing me outright or wiping my memory at that point.
Maybe, maybe not. I wasn't planning that til somewhere in the level 5 to 7 range so there would have been some trust built up by that point. Also I was planning on it happening in a situation where you could easily be given a "clean bill of health" from some alliance droid experts as well.
That would have been 5-7 levels of Dood being suspicious.
Jounville Blackferne

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:34 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Furiel wrote:
That would have been the first 5-7 levels of Dood being suspicious.
FTFY

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:53 pm

I mean no matter how you slice it you know Dood would insist (and Te'l would back him up) that I be destroyed. It is in his Bothan nature for two reasons. First he is paranoid and this would be a major "see they really are after me" moment for Mr. Tinfoil hat. And second I was already proving to be a secondary power in the group and he can't allow that so he'd see it as a perfect moment to get rid of me.
Jounville Blackferne

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:34 pm

I'm really not sure what Bronto would have done. :woe:
Cuspar

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:56 pm

Blackferne wrote:I mean no matter how you slice it you know Dood would insist (and Te'l would back him up) that I be destroyed. It is in his Bothan nature for two reasons. First he is paranoid and this would be a major "see they really are after me" moment for Mr. Tinfoil hat. And second I was already proving to be a secondary power in the group and he can't allow that so he'd see it as a perfect moment to get rid of me.
Also you WERE A FUCKING IMPERIAL SLEEPER AGENT THAT JUST KILLED OUR CONTACT IN THE REBELLION.

But your points were good too.
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:55 am

Cuspar wrote:I'm really not sure what Bronto would have done. :woe:
Blu would get distracted by some food and then go off to ponder the mystical power of the universe.