Alliance Supply and Procurement: Episode 1

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:23 pm

Setting: Inner Rim World Reecee

Time: late evening

It had been several days since you received a mysterious communication from your Rebel Alliance contact. All it gave you was a planet name, location and time, along with the descriptions of several others beings that you will be meeting there. No information about why, or what you would be doing. Very unusual, but nonetheless here you find yourself slipping into an alleyway, and with one last look over your shoulder to be sure you weren’t followed you duck inside a ramshackle building for the meet.

Your eyes take a second or two to adjust to the dim lighting inside and you make your way through a couple corridors to the designated meeting room and you realize you are the last one to arrive. The room is small, dusty and shadowy with shafts of waning sunlight piercing the darkness. As you enter the room all eyes turn uncomfortably on you. But before you can say anything a melodious feminine voice speaks:
“Welcome all, it’s good to see that you all made it here intact.” A new person has appeared in the room, seemingly coalescing out of one of the shadows in the middle of the room. A human female who’s sturdy frame and block of a face seem in stark contrast to her voice. “I trust no one was followed?” she says while sweeping her gaze over the assembled group searching for affirmative nods and gestures. “Good. You can call me Cookie, my assistant Pickles is upstairs keeping watch and I’m going to be your team’s handler from now on. Yes, you heard me right. Get to know each other because from now on you’re going to be working together. I’m sure you all have many questions, but please save them for after the briefing.”

“You all have been selected to work for me in the supply division. In a normal military organization most of your supply people are in the rear with the gear, well fortunately for us we are the exact opposite of that. You will be working for me in procurement, which means we will be in their rear, taking their gear. It’s risky duty, which is why we like to use some of our newer recruits to do it. The Empire doesn’t know you. We don’t want them to know you, and if you do your job right they never will know you, but they will HATE you. Our rules are simple. When we are told what to get, we go get it. We don’t care how you got it or who you took it from as long as you don’t hurt Alliance sympathizers in the process. We need ship parts and you take them from Sienar, super. Nab them from Incom on the other hand and there will be issues.”

“Normally your assignments would be more open ended, however since this is your first time out I’m going to make it nice and easy for you. I need you all to travel to Castell in the Colonies and there is a crate of droid motivators I need you to obtain for me. Once you get on planet go to the Beltar Kor-dass storage facility. In locker 3p-1c the rest…”

Cookie cuts off suddenly as you hear a voice from above shouting, “I think we’ve got trouble boss!” And you start to notice that the street sounds outside have changed some, and instead of hearing the voices of passerbys talking and shouting and the occasional hum of a passing speeder you hear the constant whine of repulsolifts getting louder, and closer drowning out all other sounds.

Cookie looks at the droid “M3, catch!” she shouts as she tosses the droid a small data card, then looking at the rest of the group she says “Scatter!” and like a ghost she disappears back into the shadows and is gone.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Re: Alliance Supply and Procurement: Episode 1

Post by Blackferne » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:31 pm

"Meet me at the Rotasa Cantina in 30 minutes. Do not be followed."

M3PO says as he flips the data card into his satchel. He tries to find an exit not surrounded by imperials.

Perception Check
1d20[4]+9=13
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:52 pm

What's the layout of the room/building? Are we on the first floor? Is there a door to the street or alley nearby?
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:53 pm

Dood wrote:What's the layout of the room/building? Are we on the first floor? Is there a door to the street or alley nearby?
How much furniture? Any chairs or tables?
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:29 pm

You are in the central room of what appears to be a long out of use office building. The room probably was a conference room of some kind, however the only furniture still in this room is a podium in the north-east corner which is probably only still there because it's nailed down.

There are exits to this room to the north, east and west. You all entered from the western door, which as you know will lead you to a north/south running hallway that you can take down a few doors south which leads to a hall to a side alley door you all came in. The main doors to the building are in the front to the north, the eastern door opens to another major street. The doors that you passed on your way in were all offices.

The building is 2 stories, however the upper story only covers the northern third or so of the building and judging by the holes in the ceiling of the room it's not covering this part. Pickles was supposedly upstairs on watch so it couldn't be that far forward of where you are or you wouldn't have heard his warning.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:44 pm

Bronto Gaga looks around slowly. He glares at the droid, slightly longer than everyone else - maybe because the droid spoke first, maybe because the human gave the droid something, or maybe because he's shiny.

One familiar with Aqualish expressions would recognize his as angry. A vein in the grotesque divot on the side of his head pulses rhythmically.

As the droid's words register, he contemplates reaching into the garbage bag beside him that holds his helmet and his carbine. Seemingly thinking the better of it, or immediately forgetting that he contemplated reaching into the garbage bag holding his helmet and carbine, he resumes glaring at the droid.

He feels rather hot. This is normal, considering he is wearing an armored vest underneath an all-weather cloak.

He then remembers that he heard repulsor lifts, and that Imperials often travel in vehicles with repulsor lifts.

Bronto slings the garbage bag over his shoulder, and walks the way he came through the building, towards the alley.
Cuspar

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:10 am

Blu looks at the various exits, then upstairs. He briefly contemplate going upstairs to eat the pickles, but then realizes that it is a persons name, not actually food.
His stomach growls. It's been too long since he has eaten.
He puts the thought of elevenses behind him and heads out the west door then down the south hallway, looking for a door or window to the south or west.

Perception Check
1d20[8]+6=14

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:43 am

M3PO looks at the Aqualish leaving the room carrying a large garbage bag. An idea hops in his circuited brain.

He says in Aqualish loudly and in an aggressive tone: "Hey you cowardly excuse for an Aqualish you come back here and do what I say. We don't go out back doors we go out the freaking front and we go out in freaking style. So turn that sloping forehead of idiocy around and stand by me and don't say anything in basic. Just keep it in aqualish you dull eyed maggot."

He turns to Dood, Rek, Te'l, and Blu and says in basic. "We don't have time for the formal greetings I had planned, because of what's outside, but I got an idea. Okay here is the plan. We are building surveyors for a scrapper, Lorimer Worden, and he sent this crew to get in here and see what we can harvest for our reprocessors. We stay as a group and if you talk talk directly to me. Keep all chatter in regards to the building and what you see. For the next twenty minutes you are scrappers. When you see iron, steel, duracrete, plexiglass, whatever you call it out like you found something. We heard the repulsorlifts and are going out the front to take a look. But remember you only talk to me and I will talk to them. Remember they have no record of any of you so I can get us out of this. This work for everyone?"

M3PO slips the datapad out of his satchel and brings up some kind of spreadsheet.
Jounville Blackferne

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:51 am

Blu sniffs the air for a moment and turns to mepo, "I'm hip to your jive, tin-man. Let you gums walk us out of here."

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:53 am

"You got a glow-rod?" Looking at Blu. "If you have one break it out."
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:04 am

"Sounds good to me " Rek says with a look on his face that showed he hadn't quite caught everything the Droid said.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:10 am

Bronto hears a stream of fairly aggressive Aqualish come his way from the shiny droid.

He turns around, and walks directly to the droid and bellows a 15 second burst of Aqualish that CAN NOT be interpreted by non-speakers as anything but furious. The vein in his scarred divot is the size of a mynock's neck now.

Oddly, after unleashing the barrage of seemingly enraged Aqualish, he stops, almost as though he is waiting for a response from the droid.
Cuspar

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 am

M3PO looks from Blu to the imposing Bronto yelping in his face. He responds with a burst of loud and obnoxious Aqualish and flails his arms around in an agitated manner. And after slowing down he gently pats Bronto on the shoulder and says in basic: "I'll honor him. That I solemnly promise you. Stay by my side and remember trust me on this."

M3PO pulls his glow rod out of the satchel he has and hands it to Bronto.

"Okay gentlemen if we are ready let's go through that door and head towards the front of the building."

M3PO starts messing around with his datapad making an impromtu spreadsheet of things a scrapper might want from here.
Deception 1d20[15]+13=28
Jounville Blackferne

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:42 am

Te'l, always up for a good con says "let's make this a convincing game".

He turns and begins inspecting the are for anything obvious but not really digging around for scrap materials.
This... I Command!

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:53 am

With a nod towards T'el "Heh, yeah a game!" he says brightly before following the Droid.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:06 am

Dood begins looking around for scrap.

Perception: 1D20+1= 4

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:18 am

Bronto stands beside M3P0 holding the glow rod.
Cuspar

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:04 am

The group makes their way forward through the rest of the building to the front to find a contingent of stormtroopers fanned out in front of a troop transport. As you make your way out of the building the level their rifles at the group. As you get about 5 feet outside the building one of the stormtroopers says "HALT!!" Then in a lower voice "Captain, we have some prisoners."

After a moment a tall human male in an Imperial Army uniform steps down from the transport and makes his way past the line of stormtroopers and stops a little short of the group. With a look of disdain, perhaps even disgust, he surveys the group, then looking primarily at Dood he demands: "Who's in charge here?"

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:19 am

"Master Worden is not going to be pleased by this." M3PO says in a startled tone looking up from his datapad. "Sir, my name is M3PO, human cyborg relations. I suppose I would be in charge here. Master Worden sent us down here to scout out the building for scrap. I know it is late but we had some problems getting the day laborers all hired. Is there something wrong?" M3PO holds his datapad in such a way the captain can see the screen, but not like he was intentionally showing it to him.

Deception 1d20[16]+13=29
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:14 pm

OOC: No need for you to roll

"Shut that thing up or shut it down. Now I asked you a question, who is in charge here?!"

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:18 pm

"But sir, Master Worden had me hire this crew of day laborers to do the site survey." M3PO says plainly.
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:55 pm

Blackferne wrote:"But sir, Master Worden had me hire this crew of day laborers to do the site survey." M3PO says plainly.
Dood looks at M3P0 harshly.

"Hey! You said this work was legit! What the frak is going on?"

Dood turns to the captain.

"Look, officer or captain or commander or whatever, I don't know what's going on here. If we're trespassing or whatever though, I'm not taking the rap for it. My friend and I," Dood indicates Tel with a nod of his head, "were just minding our own business, hanging around when this droid comes up and tells us that his master or whatever needs people to help him dig through junk or something like that. We haven't worked in a while and figured it sounded like good, honest work. If there's something foul afoot though, I want no part of it."

Dood dumps whatever random scraps he grabbed on the way out onto the ground.

"Look, I'll go put it all back or whatever it is you guys need. I didn't want any trouble, all I wanted was some honest work."

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:00 pm

Deception rolls please from both M3 and Dood

The Plush Family:

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:01 pm

Bronto Gaga fidgets. He thinks of the blaster carbine in his bag. He thinks of his brother being torn to pieces like bait on Alderaan.
Cuspar

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:02 pm

Deception 1d20[13]+13=26

Turn to Dood

"You will be paid for your work. Pick that stuff back up or I'm docking your wage." M3PO scolds Dood.

Perception roll to see if I notice Bronto's fidgeting.
1d20[20]+9=29
Jounville Blackferne