Alliance Supply and Procurement: Episode 1

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Furiel
Cardinal
Re: Alliance Supply and Procurement: Episode 1

Post by Furiel » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:06 pm

Blackferne wrote:M3PO and Bronto set off to trace a few routes from the warehouse to the Spaceport. Ideally we'd know 3 routes and how to get from one path to another if something unexpected happens. Document the paths on the datapad.

Gather Information Roll(1d20)+8: 19,+8 Total:27

Once we get to the spaceport look around for anyone interested in us.

Perception check Roll(1d20)+9: 15,+9 Total:24

If anyone is showing interest in us leave to go to lunch for a while.

If no one is showing interest walk by the target docking bay. Look around for anything that seems out of the ordinary, security cameras, and proximity to any imperial checkpoints or presence in the spaceport relative to the specific docking bay.

Perception Check Roll(1d20)+9: 16,+9 Total:25

Note anything that would seem concerning to my datapad. Look around for anyone showing interest in us again.

Perception Check Roll(1d20)+9: 17,+9 Total:26

If anyone is showing interest leave and go to lunch.
If not go to the Portmaster's office to do a routine survey of necessary procedures and protocols of cargo shipments for potential transport. Specifically I'm looking for anything that could be justification for us to stop for inspection, produce cargo manifests etc etc to anyone working there before we hand it off to the designated contact.

Bureaucracy Check Roll(1d20)+9: 8,+9 Total:17
Yes
No
No
No
No, unless you intend to be moving it offplanet yourself
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Blu naps.

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:57 pm

Blackferne wrote:M3PO thinks Well that is not very helpful.

"Well rent a speeder delivery vehicle. Get cargo crates. Schedule a delivery to the warehouse for this evening. Call me when you have a delivery time and the truck."
Dood nods to Te'l.

"That sounds like what Common Sense would suggest."

Dood flicks off the commlink.

"Well T-Man, it sounds like the droid ain't entirely broken. That's exactly what I would suggest."

Dood sets about finding the appropriate rental agency with the appropriate vehicle to rent.

Gather Info: Roll(1d20)+14: 17,+14 Total:31
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:58 pm

Rek maintains his watch eating a ration pack before he arrives.

Perception Roll(1d20)+7: 19,+7 Total:26

Stealth Roll(1d20)+9: 18,+9 Total:27
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:57 pm

[ooc: I'm going to go ahead and assume I find the speedertruck deal that I need]

After locating the necessary company and equipment, Dood goes to make the arrangements to rent the cargospeedertruckthing for the evening (assuming the cost is under 1200cr).

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:33 pm

@Dood - you are able to secure an appropriate speedertruck for the night for a 157 credits, plus an additionaly 100 credit deposit.

How are you going to go about obtaining cargo for the truck and also getting on the delivery list. Assuming that is your intention.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Dood flips out his commlink as he leaves the truck rental venue

"Empty I have the speedertruck for tonight's delivery. Recommend we meet to discuss next move - like what tonight's delivery will be."

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:10 pm

"Did you get the cargo boxes?" M3PO asks over the comm. "Did you contact the warehouse to schedule the delivery?"
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:15 pm

Blackferne wrote:"Did you get the cargo boxes?" M3PO asks over the comm. "Did you contact the warehouse to schedule the delivery?"
I'll give this one to you for free...

When you schedule a delivery it's generally expected that you tell them what you are delivering.

The Plush Family:

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Furiel wrote:
Blackferne wrote:"Did you get the cargo boxes?" M3PO asks over the comm. "Did you contact the warehouse to schedule the delivery?"

When you schedule a delivery it's generally expected that you tell them what you are delivering.
[ooc: What he said. Hence: Recommend we meet to discuss next move - like what tonight's delivery will be.]

Dood furrows his brow and sighs.

"I can't arrange crates or delivery until we know what we're delivering. We're going to need a plan in case they want to inspect the delivery as well. Again, as Common Sense would tell us, I recommend we meet to discuss next part."

Dood looks at Te'l and rolls his eyes.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:19 pm

Furiel wrote:

Okay retconnn....

"Meet back at the hotel. We can plan stage two."
M3PO says over the comm.

Time check?
Jounville Blackferne

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:50 pm

Blu, still asleep from his night's reconnign work, begins to talk in his sleep, "Hey babe, they say honesty is the best policy." He rolls over and mumbles incomprehensibly for a moment and then resumes with "Like, put down 'droid motivator thieves' on the manifest, man. It will totally rock their world." he babbles for a few minutes more and then dreams of nuna burgers.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:02 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Furiel wrote:

Okay retconnn....

"Meet back at the hotel. We can plan stage two."
M3PO says over the comm.

Time check?
11:02 AM

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:23 pm

"Rek, how about you come back to the hotel." M3PO comms.

Once everyone is back at the hotel, I wake up Blu and start up the holovid display of the complex.

"Okay Dood and Te'l have a truck lined up which we can use to haul the cargo once in our possession. The problem is we have a couple different options on how to get the cargo, and I need input from everyone on how we proceed. I don't want anyone getting picked up. I don't want anyone getting hurt."

M3PO pauses.

"The way I see it we have a few different options. Each has risks and readily evident benefits, especially when in comparison to each other. These options are laid out in no particular order. Option A: We simply bribe the guards to take a walk around the block letting us go in with our truck and leave. Upside is that is is low in complexity, and pretty easy to pull off. Downsides would be measuring their greed versus our resources, as well as not having a suitable fall back that doesn't involve much higher risks or violence. Option B: We use the truck, gather somethings to put in crates and schedule a delivery for storage. Once inside we have people stashed in the back go get our crate load it up and then leave our crate in an appropriate place. Risks depend greatly on the level of scrutiny they place on delivery trucks that they have no prior relationship with. Potential downsides are if we cannot secure storage placement, or get storage placement in the wrong building we might get more questions than we want. Fall back plan could be bribery, but given psychology once they determine we tried to trick them once they may be less likely to accept a bribe, or if they do it will be at a higher premium than we'd get if we were straight up with them at the start. Option C: we follow the food delivery truck and try a bribery approach with them. Offering them a payout to sneak us in and let us bring a crate out. Once out we load it on our truck and get to the starport. Downsides are bribe refusal, possible refusal to cooperate in general, or worse accepting the bribe then just driving us to the police once we are rounded up in the back. Option D: we hijack the food truck and try to replicate their ease of entry and exit they had last night on the tape. Obviously we'd need competent cons to run that. Down sides should be obvious. Option E: we pull the truck up near the perimeter, have a few of you sneak in take a repulsor lift to move the crate and sneak it out. The workers uniforms Dood was finding earlier should provide some cover inside. Downsides again should be obvious."

M3PO looks around the room.

"It is important that everyone be okay with the choice we make since everyone has something to lose. So let's discuss which option you want to do unless someone has a better idea I am not thinking of."
Jounville Blackferne

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:32 pm

Blu yawns (which is an odd site for a creature with a trunk), "Hey, why not just slip into that food truck when they arn't looking? Then slip out once it is in. We can then hijack it and hit the dirt outa there. And, there's plenty of food to eat while the clock ticks."

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:15 pm

[ooc: Reposting Pat's post because, unlike Pat, I don't hate all of us]
Blackferne wrote:"Rek, how about you come back to the hotel." M3PO comms.

Once everyone is back at the hotel, I wake up Blu and start up the holovid display of the complex.

"Okay Dood and Te'l have a truck lined up which we can use to haul the cargo once in our possession. The problem is we have a couple different options on how to get the cargo, and I need input from everyone on how we proceed. I don't want anyone getting picked up. I don't want anyone getting hurt."

M3PO pauses.

"The way I see it we have a few different options. Each has risks and readily evident benefits, especially when in comparison to each other. These options are laid out in no particular order.

Option A: We simply bribe the guards to take a walk around the block letting us go in with our truck and leave. Upside is that is is low in complexity, and pretty easy to pull off. Downsides would be measuring their greed versus our resources, as well as not having a suitable fall back that doesn't involve much higher risks or violence.

Option B: We use the truck, gather somethings to put in crates and schedule a delivery for storage. Once inside we have people stashed in the back go get our crate load it up and then leave our crate in an appropriate place. Risks depend greatly on the level of scrutiny they place on delivery trucks that they have no prior relationship with. Potential downsides are if we cannot secure storage placement, or get storage placement in the wrong building we might get more questions than we want. Fall back plan could be bribery, but given psychology once they determine we tried to trick them once they may be less likely to accept a bribe, or if they do it will be at a higher premium than we'd get if we were straight up with them at the start.

Option C: we follow the food delivery truck and try a bribery approach with them. Offering them a payout to sneak us in and let us bring a crate out. Once out we load it on our truck and get to the starport. Downsides are bribe refusal, possible refusal to cooperate in general, or worse accepting the bribe then just driving us to the police once we are rounded up in the back.

Option D: we hijack the food truck and try to replicate their ease of entry and exit they had last night on the tape. Obviously we'd need competent cons to run that. Down sides should be obvious.

Option E: we pull the truck up near the perimeter, have a few of you sneak in take a repulsor lift to move the crate and sneak it out. The workers uniforms Dood was finding earlier should provide some cover inside. Downsides again should be obvious."[/b]

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Dood rubs his forehead.

"I don't like the hijacking ideas. What do we do with the people we've taken the truck from? Do we leave members behind to babysit them? Do they have radios? Do they check in regularly? What do we do if they get comchat asking them to check in?

From the bribery perspective, what do we do if they say 'no?' What do we do if they decide to double-cross us, take our money, and turn us in anyway to look like heroes?

I may not be able to speak to Common Sense, but if I could, I'm certain we'd be in agreement that our best bet is to go in under the pretense of delivering goods."

Dood looks around and smiles suddenly.

"Of course, Common Sense would also say I'm not in charge here so what do I know?"

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:46 pm

"To the best of my knowledge, Cookie didn't assign us a leader so we have to figure it out on our own." M3PO says. "I have a tendency to want to organize things and make sure it is properly lined up. But I don't pretend to have rank to order any of you to do things you are unwilling or incapable of doing."

M3PO pauses. "We could also try to run two concurrent plans and if one fails it serves as a distraction from the other. Like we try bribery with a subset of the total crew. If it works great. If not we use the delivery as backup."
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Rek stops to pickup food for everyone, something simple, cheap and quick.

(Ooc. I will be back to comment on m3's plan once I've read it all)
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:57 pm

Whiteness wrote:Rek maintains his watch eating a ration pack before he arrives.

Rek needs to know if he noticed anything this morning that was different from what blu had seen before he comments.
Spoiler:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:10 am

Whiteness wrote:
Whiteness wrote:Rek maintains his watch eating a ration pack before he arrives.

Rek needs to know if he noticed anything this morning that was different from what blu had seen before he comments.
Nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected for a manufacturing plant on a weekday

The Plush Family:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:54 am

"I like what Blu was talking about, is that a viable option? "
Spoiler:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:50 pm

"So you two want to sneak into the food delivery van, hop out, hijack the van get the crate and high tail it out of there?" M3PO thinks for a second. "Okay if that is what you want to do we need to get masks, mesh tape, and need to divide into two basic teams. Team one would be the sneak in and hijack group. Team two would be the driver of the rental truck. The plan I suppose would be three of you go into the food truck, when they open up the back you bind them with mesh tape and cover their mouths. Drive the truck over to warehouse 17, get our crate, put it in. Drive the truck out of the place meet up at a rendezvous point. Move the crate from the food truck to the rental truck. Leave the food truck there, make an anonymous call to emergency services so they food delivery guys don't die in the refrigeration unit. Unless you plan on just leaving them at the warehouse. It would be imperative that the hijack team does not remove their masks, talk or make other identifiable things. If we do this plan how would we divide up?"
Jounville Blackferne

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:57 pm

"I'm totally riding in the food-mobile. But, like, How are we going to get in it?"

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:06 pm

Bulwark wrote:"I'm totally riding in the food-mobile. But, like, How are we going to get in it?"
Dood looks around the room in disbelief. He looks over at Te'l and whispers, "Common Sense is definitely not with us.