The campaign is dead, long live the new characters!!

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Furiel
Cardinal
Re: The campaign is dead, long live the new characters!!

Post by Furiel » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:59 pm

Whiteness wrote:Furiel - do we need to worry about an items restricions or licenses for starting items, i.e. the illegal, restricted, military stuff?
Yes you do. This is rebellion era and your a rebel so I'd need a really good story reason why you would have high end gear not to mention the inherent risk of carrying those types of items without papers and permits.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:30 am

So guys my intention for M3PO (Meepo) is to run noble to start. Given my goal of being a droid crime lord I need a talent from the lineage line I was thinking of taking connections to start. This is natural given my intended position as a logistics operative in the Rebellion. So yes you will need to worry about those restrictions, but hopefully I can help you get what you need.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:46 am

Furiel wrote:
Whiteness wrote:Furiel - do we need to worry about an items restricions or licenses for starting items, i.e. the illegal, restricted, military stuff?
Yes you do. This is rebellion era and your a rebel so I'd need a really good story reason why you would have high end gear not to mention the inherent risk of carrying those types of items without papers and permits.
How do we handle starting weapons? Last time I just added the license cost to the weapons. I think the weapons I was looking at were just restricted and the book says its just a matter of time and credits.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:02 am

Since I haven't got attributes from Furiel yet I just did this rough draft using the standard droid score package in the rule book.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreads ... y=CKeb98EP

This should give you guys an idea of what skills I intend to take. If on real attributes I get another skill it will be pilot probably.

Languages are also in flux, but I figured that was a decent enough starting place.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:09 am

Whiteness wrote:
Furiel wrote:
How do we handle starting weapons? Last time I just added the license cost to the weapons. I think the weapons I was looking at were just restricted and the book says its just a matter of time and credits.
Most restricted stuff is going to be available to you at normal book cost with no additional licensing fees. It's the military and illegal stuff that is a no no unless you can give me a really good story/background reason for it. And no, "my dead uncle who was a bounty hunter got this off one of his marks and he handed it down to me" isn't going to be good enough either.

I plan on taking my dice with me to work tomorrow so I can start getting stats to people. Was too busy tonight hanging with Gabby and then replacing 2 light fixtures in my kitchen to get to it.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:43 am

Awesome, I don't think i'll have the credits for military grade weapons anyway...

And speaking of credits :shifty: will you be letting us get the max availabe for our class or would you like us to just roll for them?
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:52 pm

Blackferne wrote:Since I haven't got attributes from Furiel yet I just did this rough draft using the standard droid score package in the rule book.

This should give you guys an idea of what skills I intend to take. If on real attributes I get another skill it will be pilot probably.

Languages are also in flux, but I figured that was a decent enough starting place.
You may want to get the Scavenger's Guide to Droids, I can upload it somewhere if you want
Spoiler:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Yeah I'd like to take a look at that and know what if any books beyond the core book are in play.

Sent from my smartyphone using Tapatalk.
Jounville Blackferne

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:27 pm

ok I am thinking a Twi'lek Scoundrel will be who I roll.
This... I Command!

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:45 pm

Rek Baniss, 26 year old Duros Scout. An explorer by nature he left home when his family was forced off Duro by the Empire. While he enjoys travelling from one corner of the galaxy to another making impossible hyperspace jumps possible, he is just as fond of getting his hands dirty planetside. Piloting his own ship is his ultimate goal, and he takes every chance to practice he can get. He is social and fun-loving like many of his kind, but has no love for the Empire and their anti-alien sentiments.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreads ... y=CPjuho8K
Spoiler:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:55 pm

Ok, stats for all - this is how we do it...

12 13 12 8 11 14
9 12 13 10 9 17
17 12 16 7 15 14
11 18 8 12 14 15
12 15 17 8 7 13
18 11 13 10 16 9

Take above 6x6 grid and pick a row, column or diagonal and those are your stats. Arrange how you want them.

Also for Pat since he has no Con stat you my friend are not allowed to use the lowest stat from your chosen stat set for what your con would be. You may choose any other but the lowest to drop for your Con.

The Plush Family:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:06 pm

Whiteness wrote:Rek Baniss, 26 year old Duros Scout. An explorer by nature he left home when his family was forced off Duro by the Empire. While he enjoys travelling from one corner of the galaxy to another making impossible hyperspace jumps possible, he is just as fond of getting his hands dirty planetside. Piloting his own ship is his ultimate goal, and he takes every chance to practice he can get. He is social and fun-loving like many of his kind, but has no love for the Empire and their anti-alien sentiments.

You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a spy! :vader:

So how exactly did that happen?

The Plush Family:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:11 pm

Furiel wrote: You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a spy! :vader:

um, I don't know? :woe:

I was just tired of the Empire's heavy hand taking away my homeword and pursecuting me wherever I went for being an alien. I wnated to join the Alliance to help return Duro to the Duros and fight for the rights of non-humans.
Spoiler:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:11 pm

Blackferne wrote:So guys my intention for M3PO (Meepo) is to run noble to start. Given my goal of being a droid crime lord I need a talent from the lineage line I was thinking of taking connections to start. This is natural given my intended position as a logistics operative in the Rebellion. So yes you will need to worry about those restrictions, but hopefully I can help you get what you need.
Can you expand a bit on your background? Who built you, when and why? What happened to them?

The Plush Family:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:12 pm

I'm young, I thought joining the Alliance would be exciting!

I will try to flesh it out more.
Spoiler:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:22 pm

Whiteness wrote:

I was just tired of the Empire's heavy hand taking away my homeword and pursecuting me wherever I went for being an alien. I wnated to join the Alliance to help return Duro to the Duros and fight for the rights of non-humans.
So was there 1 specific instance of persecution that sticks out for Rex that caused him to snap, or just a buildup over time where one night he was sitting out under the stars and kinda homesick and he decided he needed to get off the sidelines and act?

The Plush Family:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:48 pm

Furiel wrote:
Whiteness wrote:

So was there 1 specific instance of persecution that sticks out for Rex that caused him to snap, or just a buildup over time where one night he was sitting out under the stars and kinda homesick and he decided he needed to get off the sidelines and act?
It was a buildup over time, getting pushed off Duro was the start and getting pushed around the galaxy fed into his youthful idealism, he knew this was not the way it should be and wanted to act. The final straw was the death of his father at the hands of the imperials <in a way not yet decided>, he received a message from his mother but due to his wanderings he received it too late to return for the funeral, the guilt of not being able to say goodbye properly gnaws at him and fuels his desire to be part of the team that's trying to set things right.

thanks for the help
Spoiler:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:02 pm

Ok, I updated my character sheet. I added Knowledge - Physical Sciences and Galactic Lore, the first because of being Duros and the second because of my space traveling. I picked up a blaster carbine and a blaster pistol with a strap for the first and a concealed holster for the second, an all temperature cloak, utility belt, some extra rations and power packs and a video upgrade for the comlink in the belt.

can't wait :rave:
Spoiler:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:18 pm

13 12 12 18 15 11

Second vertical column will be my stats. I'm dropping the 12 as my missing Con score and keeping the 11 as ordered. And applying the 3rd Degree droid traits results in the following scores:

11-2=9 Str
12 Dex
--Con
18 Int
13+2=15 Wis
15+2=17 Cha

As for how M3PO came about. The Rebellion is more than just a few plucky starfighter pilots and a bunch of hope. It is an actual network of logistical supplies and resources. Somebody had to hook up all that equipment on Yavin IV. Enter Sergeant "Tots" Fortelli. His job is logistical support for the Rebellion by obtaining and repairing equipment. He isn't much of a fighter, and by all accounts is rather soft spoken, but what he does excel at is tinkering. Gathering the parts of several broken and discarded protocol droids over the past few months Sgt. Fortelli assembled M3PO for use by the rebellion to aid with logistical support. M3PO is one of several dozen droids Sgt Fortelli has made in this fashion so while M3PO thinks quite highly of Sgt Fortelli, Sgt Fortelli's attention is often spend on his duties or the next droid he intends to create the Rebellion and therefor pays little attention to his past creations. One of Sgt Fortelli's personality quirks which has ended up in most of his droids is a scrounger type personality. M3PO tends to take everything he sees and puts it into a mental inventory list so when a pilot asks for a new helmet he knows where to go. Shortly after his creation from spare parts M3PO was formally given to the Rebellion Logistics and Support Group for use by field personnel for deployment. His master in that sense is the Rebellion which he has been programmed is the ultimate cause that he must support. He is well versed in all military protocols, can treat injuries, but his primary purpose is to help Rebel fighters acquire equipment and assist in their fight against the Empire. Currently M3PO is helping to organize field assignments for Astromech Droids while he awaits his first unit assignment.

In case there is ever a question of who my "master is" in reality it is my commanding officer and his commands can be superseded by anyone higher on the chain of command. In the field depending on the circumstances I will probably lie or name one of the party as my master.
Jounville Blackferne

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:31 pm

Just waiting on Furiel to tell us how starting money will work.
Jounville Blackferne

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:18 pm

Oh and in case anyone needs to look at all the possible attribute sets Furiel outlined:
Rows:
12 13 12 8 11 14
9 12 13 10 9 17
17 12 16 7 15 14
11 18 8 12 14 15
12 15 17 8 7 13
18 11 13 10 16 9

Diagonals:
12 12 16 12 7 9
18 15 8 7 9 14

Columns:
12 9 17 11 12 18
13 12 12 18 15 11
12 13 16 8 17 13
8 10 7 12 8 10
11 9 15 14 7 16
14 17 14 15 13 9
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:42 am

Stating credits will be 75% of class maximum starting credits.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:41 am

So as a noble I start off with 3600. I can use that to buy additional droid accessories like Improved Sensor Package, Darkvision sensors, Spring Loaded Mechanism etc right?
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:03 am

Yes, as that could be considered starting "gear"

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:31 am

Furiel wrote:Yes, as that could be considered starting "gear"
Sweet.

My next "problem" is I can't carry all my stuff plus a med kit if I wanted to so no med kit to start. At some point I'll be wanting to get a simpleton style robot to be my porter. Is that a realistic goal?

This is assuming that 1) it is 10kg for 2 hands and not 5kg for a pair. 2) all my droid accessories and parts (imp sensors, darkvision, hands etc) count against my carrying capacity.

If those assumptions are wrong in part or whole I can redo the equipment list to get a medical kit.

My plan for the next two feats are the skill focus treat injury and surgical expertise. I might also get cybernetic surgery down the road. But after the skill focus and surgical expertise will probably want to pump up persuasion as well.
Jounville Blackferne