Taris Event Chapter 4

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Blackferne
Archbishop
Re: Taris Event Chapter 4

Post by Blackferne » Tue May 31, 2011 7:00 pm

Whiteness wrote:Undeterred, Syric resumes his task of digging up information on the P'sont's, only this time he is checking on Marc Sr. to see if any new information is available. He also looks for any recent listings of the Avalon.

Gather information: Roll(1d20)+9: 20,+9 Total:29
Use Computer: Roll(1d20)+10: 13,+10 Total:23
Time: Roll(1d6)+0:3,+0 Total:3
No new port records of arrival, no information on him personally. It is like he just disappeared into space.

As you wrap up your search you do get a ping for an incoming message from P'sont Jr.

"So you are looking for my asshole father? How much you paying?"
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:20 pm

Blackferne wrote:As you wrap up your search you do get a ping for an incoming message from P'sont Jr.

"That depends on how fresh your news is and how useful we find it, don't worry, you'll be well compensated if I like what I hear."
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:43 pm

Whiteness wrote:
Blackferne wrote:As you wrap up your search you do get a ping for an incoming message from P'sont Jr.

"That depends on how fresh your news is and how useful we find it, don't worry, you'll be well compensated if I like what I hear."
A response comes pretty quick:

"You need to throw out a figure first if I'm going to sell my dad out to some bounty hunters. Don't think you are the first people knocking around looking for him."
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:30 pm

Blackferne wrote:A response comes pretty quick:

"You need to throw out a figure first if I'm going to sell my dad out to some bounty hunters. Don't think you are the first people knocking around looking for him."
"2,000, how many people have been looking for him and when? Have you already sold him out?"

{ooc - I really have no concept of what is appropriate and what is laughable when offering credits for information, but since learning detailed, unclassified facts of a news story or determining the veracity of a rumor requires 50 credits in bribes and learning a piece of secret information costs 5,000 credits I assumed my offer would be appropriate whether or not it was acceptable}
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Whiteness wrote:
Blackferne wrote:A response comes pretty quick:

"2,000, how many people have been looking for him and when? Have you already sold him out?"

{ooc - I really have no concept of what is appropriate and what is laughable when offering credits for information, but since learning detailed, unclassified facts of a news story or determining the veracity of a rumor requires 50 credits in bribes and learning a piece of secret information costs 5,000 credits I assumed my offer would be appropriate whether or not it was acceptable}

"Come on this is my father we are talking about. My flesh and blood. I'm going to need more than that. But for the 2k I'll tell you who has been looking for him."
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Blackferne wrote:"Come on this is my father we are talking about. My flesh and blood. I'm going to need more than that. But for the 2k I'll tell you who has been looking for him."
"Tell you what, I'll deposit 1K in your account for that information, and if it's worth my time I'll deposit the other 1K. Then, if you can tell me anything else about where your father might be I will deposit 2K more. I don't know who you've talked to already, but I'm no bounty hunter and I won't be getting any reward for finding him, so that's the best I can do.
Spoiler:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:29 pm

Whiteness wrote:
Blackferne wrote:"Come on this is my father we are talking about. My flesh and blood. I'm going to need more than that. But for the 2k I'll tell you who has been looking for him."
"Tell you what, I'll deposit 1K in your account for that information, and if it's worth my time I'll deposit the other 1K. Then, if you can tell me anything else about where your father might be I will deposit 2K more. I don't know who you've talked to already, but I'm no bounty hunter and I won't be getting any reward for finding him, so that's the best I can do.

"1500 for the who's been asking, and 4k for where I think he is."
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:53 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Whiteness wrote:

"1500 for the who's been asking, and 4k for where I think he is."
"5K for everthing"
Spoiler:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:23 pm

"Okay. I'll message you when I see the money hit my account."

He includes an account number in the message.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:27 pm

Syric decides to notify the rest of the crew (including Tony and Bulwark, but not Jax) before he continues.

"I've just made contact with P'sont's kid. He said he would provide information on who has been asking for his dad and where he thinks he is. I have his account number and he's just waiting for 5K in credits before he will talk. Should we go to Corellia and talk in person with the kid?"
Spoiler:

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Whiteness wrote:Syric decides to notify the rest of the crew (including Tony and Bulwark, but not Jax) before he continues.

"I've just made contact with P'sont's kid. He said he would provide information on who has been asking for his dad and where he thinks he is. I have his account number and he's just waiting for 5K in credits before he will talk. Should we go to Corellia and talk in person with the kid?"
How likely is he to take the money and run?

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:05 pm

Bulwark wrote:
Whiteness wrote:Syric decides to notify the rest of the crew (including Tony and Bulwark, but not Jax) before he continues.

How likely is he to take the money and run?
"In my experience most people are significantly less likely to attempt to either lie or con an armed man they are facing, as opposed to one they are communicating with over the holonet."
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:32 pm

Blackferne wrote:@ Cuspar

"I'm perfectly fine allowing you to act as a vendor for cargo transport. I assume your ship has passed the requisite inspection that all Fossar vessels and vendor vessels require before transporting cargo? Does Aderbrent have a vendor number I can pull up to properly log the cargo shipment? If you just give me the name of the office you did the dewback job out of I can get you entered into our system here, as you know your father is such a stickler for documentation."
We did the dewback shipment out of the Mos Eisley office. And our ship is ready to go.
Cuspar

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:47 pm

Cuspar wrote:We did the dewback shipment out of the Mos Eisley office. And our ship is ready to go.
"Let me get in touch with that office and get your vendor number then, and then we can go. If you'll excuse me a moment." She turns and goes behind a door.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:22 pm

To everyone over the comlinks, "How does everyone feel about a trip to Corellia to get the info from P'sont's kid in Person? Cuspar, you should be able to find something going there. So Leet, if you haven't found a decent replacement yet you could look when we got there. Any thoughts? Otherwise I'm going to pay off this kid and see what he has to say, but I'd rather not have his info going across he holonet."
Spoiler:

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Into his comlink "I'm up for a trip to Corellia. A buddy of mine I use to track for retired there a couple of years ago. He owes me a drink and I wouldn't mind collecting."

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:33 pm

@ Cuspar

The bothan lady walks back out. "Well it appears you weren't officially entered into the system as an authorized vendor. Apparently the division manager got a call from your father for a one time favor. In fact he even purchased the dewbacks to have them shipped to a friend on Bryx. Now as I have not got a call from your father, who was very apologetic at our last meeting, I'm afraid I'm going to need to get your company setup as an authorized vendor for transport services. This means simply, I'm going to need you to fill out paperwork about you and your employees, allow for a thorough inspection of your ship, provide financial statements for your company, and finally to take out an insurance policy to cover any cargo you are shipping for us. After we get that taken care of I'd be more than happy to see what we have that is being shipped to Corellia."
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:58 pm

/bump
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:08 pm

Dood wrote:/bump
He's dead Jim.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:32 pm

[OOC: Whoops.]

@DoggyStyleBitchez

Well, let's expedite the inspection then. But there will be no disclosure of our financial statements, nor will there be personal employee information given.
Cuspar