Taris Event Chapter 4

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Dood
Deacon
Re: Taris Event Chapter 4

Post by Dood » Wed May 25, 2011 4:48 pm

Dood contacts Polo and asks for the list to be forwarded to So Leet.
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed May 25, 2011 5:17 pm

Whiteness wrote:Unless Jax responds to Syric, they drink the night away.
Once planning and the business end of the evening is settled Tony is going to get up to leave...

"Tomorrow we got business to do, but tonight is playtime. I don't know about you guys but I could go for a little better...scenery in my drinking establishments for the evening, so if ya'll will excuse me I believe it's time for Tony Plush to introduce himself to some of the lovely ladies of Bothuwai. Any of ya'll are welcome to join me if you like."

I'll wait for a moment to see if any is going to join me, then I'll settle my tab here then head out in search of a better bar or nightclub that caters to offworlders and where I can meet Miss Tonight.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed May 25, 2011 5:50 pm

"Good luck with that Tony, but I plan on sticking with these guys so I can keep them out of jail, or join them, or whatever... he takes a swig before continuing "Don't worry about your tab, that'sh on me tonight, jusht meet us at the Shweet D tomorrow"
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu May 26, 2011 3:03 pm

Polo messages to Dood and So Leet "I'm not very familiar personally Master Dood, but your father seemed to favor Wex Toll'nel's ship business. Keeping it in the clan and all."
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu May 26, 2011 7:52 pm

@ Cuspar and Bulwark

The Fossar Shipping Office is a tall sleek skyscraper attached to a large warehouse with lots of cargo skiffs moving freight to and from the spaceport nearby. The front office is maned by a few service droids and a couple of bothans at a desk. You walk in and see lines for Shipping Services and a side door labeled for Commercial Contracts to the side.

@ So Leet and Tony
In the morning Tony wakes up in some ladies bed and after a few pleasantries and no names he makes his way out thanking her for the good time. He swings by the docks and picks up So Leet to make the way over to Toll'nel's ship business, Starship Services Inc. As you two walk into the front office a young Bothan clerk comes up.

"Hello gents. Looking for ship, parts, have a ship but want it upgraded, looking to sell a ship, Looking to trade a ship for another? I think that's all the combinations I can think of. Tell me how I can help you."

@ Whitey, Jax, Dood, Klak....what are they doing again?
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu May 26, 2011 9:06 pm

Syric doesn't remember what Jax said last night, probably due to the alcohol and not at all due to gando not posting :shifty:

Syric is going to try to locate P'sont's kids with or without Dood's help, Klak is watching Dood's back.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu May 26, 2011 9:18 pm

Gather information roll please then.
Jounville Blackferne

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Thu May 26, 2011 9:43 pm

Blackferne wrote:
@ So Leet and Tony
In the morning Tony wakes up in some ladies bed and after a few pleasantries and no names he makes his way out thanking her for the good time. He swings by the docks and picks up So Leet to make the way over to Toll'nel's ship business, Starship Services Inc. As you two walk into the front office a young Bothan clerk comes up.

"Hello gents. Looking for ship, parts, have a ship but want it upgraded, looking to sell a ship, Looking to trade a ship for another? I think that's all the combinations I can think of. Tell me how I can help you."
Speaking in very proper bothese...
"Dood first son of Kroth, the first son of Sel of the Family Amm sends his regards and thanks you for always being a friend to that arm of the clan. What do you have in the way of medium armed freighters? I'm looking for a ship that can haul cargo, haul ass, and shoot back if necessary. If there aren't any of those options I'd like to look and see what upgrades you have for the ship I currently work on. It's a (insert model of ship here), and we have XX amount of emplacement points free. For the new or replacement ship if not upgrading the one we're currently using I'd need it to require a crew of less than 6 total including droids. Now aside from those do you have any single man fighters available?"
I don't want there to be any confusion which Dood I am referring to.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu May 26, 2011 9:55 pm

@ So

He looks at you slightly impressed. "Quite the impressive language mastery for an off worlder. Let me ask a few questions. You need cargo hauling. What kind of capacity in tonnage do you typically run? How large of a crew are you expecting? I mean is the Dynamic Class Freighter you are in now too small? Too Slow? Too weak on firepower? You need armaments, what kind of trouble do you expect? I assume you aren't doing Core runs if you are looking for blaster cannons. I'm Wex's son Roo and I'm loyal to the clan so I'm not going to try and screw you on price, but I want to make sure I'm getting you the right ship so Dood is satisfied his needs are being met in these hard times. As for what we got, we have lots of options, and I know where we can get stuff we don't have here, but like I said I'm more about getting you into a ship you'll love and need than something you don't."
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Fri May 27, 2011 2:44 am

Blackferne wrote:Gather information roll please then.
Syric heads out to find a computer terminal where he could search for any records of Marc P'sont's kids on Corellia.

Gather Information: Roll(1d20)+9: 15,+9 Total:24
Use Computer: Roll(1d20)+10: 18,+10 Total:28

(Also, my base attack should be 3 not 2 on the google spreadsheet)
Spoiler:

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Fri May 27, 2011 6:06 am

[OOC: I'll have told Bulwark my strategy - which is to barge in to the highest ranking person I can find, state who I am, and basically, force our way into a job.]

Cuspar walks through the Commercial Contracts door, and approaches the receptionist. Heavily emphasizing the High Galactic accent, he says,

Good day. Please tell your supervisor that Cuspar Inirv'E is here. I am in a rush, and need to speak with them directly.
Cuspar

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri May 27, 2011 2:50 pm

@ Cuspar

"Of course Mr. Inirv'E" She gets up and runs into the back. Moments later an older bothan lady comes out looking at a datapad. "Mr. Inirv'E, I was unaware of your visi.." She looks up surprised when she realizes you aren't your father, then a bit annoyed. "I was unaware that when my receptionist said Mr. Inirv'E was here that she meant the younger one." She glares at the receptionist who is now sheepishly looking at her desk in shame. "Mr. Inirv'E, how might I be of assistance?"

Make a perception check Cuspar.

@Whiteness
Pouring over public records you find a listing for a Marc P'Sont Jr on Correllia in Coronet, and a wedding announcement from about a decade ago for what appears to be his daughter Alyze Qor. Looking her up shows she also lives in Coronet.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Fri May 27, 2011 4:57 pm

Syric decides to reach out to the daughter first.

"Mrs. Qor, I am Captain Frost and I am contacting you in regards to your father Marc P'sont. Our information shows he was last on the Avalon in the employ of Saltori Merchant Services and was contracted out for a job. He has not checked in over a month and I was hoping you could assist us with locating him. I'll be completely honest with you, a ranking member of the Exchange tricked your father's company into sending him on a prisoner transport mission which actually was a mission to pick up a kidnapped man that was wanted by the Sith and the Exchange for information he had uncovered. The kidnapped man is a friend of mine that I am trying to find. I know your father met a contact for the Exchange on Corellia and I was hoping your father might have seen you and mentioned it when he was there, or hopefully he is safe and has checked in with you recently, though I am worried that he has also now been kidnapped. Is there any information you can provide us to help find your father and my friend I can promise you that I and my associates will do everything in our power to see your father is safely returned. My men are also former Republic soldiers, like your father, and we do not like to see people manipulated by the Exchange.

Once the message has been sent Syric sends the same message to Marc Jr. and informing him that he had contacted his sister.

[I wasn't sure if I could talk to her directly or send a message so I assumed the latter]
Spoiler:

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Fri May 27, 2011 5:37 pm

OOC: Should I roll perception as well?

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri May 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Bulwark wrote:OOC: Should I roll perception as well?
Nope, this is to see if Cuspar remembers her. (Thus explaining why she is annoyed/miffed)
Jounville Blackferne

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Fri May 27, 2011 7:07 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Bulwark wrote:OOC: Should I roll perception as well?
Nope, this is to see if Cuspar remembers her. (Thus explaining why she is annoyed/miffed)
Dude, its your mom!

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Fri May 27, 2011 10:01 pm

11+14=25
Cuspar

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri May 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Cuspar you think to yourself this bothan middle lady looks familiar. Can't quite place it. Can't quite place it and then bam. $ years ago you and a few bandmates dressed in your typical punk rocker gear crash a fancy reception your dad threw for regional office managers. You made a big scene dancing on the table, slipped and fell crashing with a whole plate of a squid based dish into this lady. She was covered in food and everyone just stared at her. You and your bandmates laughed until your dad yelled at you to get out. At that point you staggered out of the reception howling about the squid-doggy.
Jounville Blackferne

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Sat May 28, 2011 3:22 am

Ma'am, you may first be of assistance by accepting my apologies for my indiscretions many years ago. My father did not inform me that I would encounter you here, but I suppose he wanted to see if I remember my drunken errors. I hope I at least LOOK to have bettered myself.

Cuspar bows deeply.

Beyond that, I'm sure my father's communique has arrived at this office in regards to my new venture. So obviously, Aderbrent is currently on Bothawui and prepared to take on urgent shipping. We are en route to Corellia - and, per Fossar's directive, are to take on the most urgent cargo in that direction.

Deception: 13+8=21
Persuasion: 9+13=22
Cuspar

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue May 31, 2011 4:20 pm

@ Syric

Pretty quickly you receive a response.

"Captain Frost. I'm sorry I am unable to help you at this time. I am not close with my father, and if he was on Corellia recently it is news to me. Please do not contact me again regarding him."

@ Cuspar

"Well you do seem to have straightened yourself out some if the suit is any indication. As for your father's communique I have not seen anything in regards to a new venture, but if you'll allow me to double check." She begins tapping away at her datapad "Nothing here. What exactly are you looking for?"
Jounville Blackferne

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Tue May 31, 2011 4:47 pm

@DoggyStyleBitch3z

I'm surprised it's not gone out to the company datastream by now... At any rate, Aderbrent provides personalized shipping - we took an urgent load of dewbacks to Bryx for Fossar lately when the Tattooine office couldn't quite get them out as quickly as they'd like. Essentially, if it fits in our ship - we'll take it. The communique was intended to minimize the hassle of the regional offices having to contact head office every time Aderbrent presents itself and is intended to give Fossar's trusted regional managers the power to heavily prioritize shipments at their own discretion. If you're not comfortable with this though, I can hail my father and he and I can puruse the pending manifests...

Perusasion:9+13=22
Deception:15+8=23

(OOC: wow. Almost exact same rolls)
Cuspar

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue May 31, 2011 5:03 pm

@ Cuspar

"I'm perfectly fine allowing you to act as a vendor for cargo transport. I assume your ship has passed the requisite inspection that all Fossar vessels and vendor vessels require before transporting cargo? Does Aderbrent have a vendor number I can pull up to properly log the cargo shipment? If you just give me the name of the office you did the dewback job out of I can get you entered into our system here, as you know your father is such a stickler for documentation."
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Tue May 31, 2011 5:09 pm

Blackferne wrote:@ Syric

"Captain Frost. I'm sorry I am unable to help you at this time. I am not close with my father, and if he was on Corellia recently it is news to me. Please do not contact me again regarding him."
I sent a message to both kids, so is that from his daugher?

does she sound hot?
Spoiler:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue May 31, 2011 5:49 pm

Whiteness wrote:
Blackferne wrote:@ Syric

I sent a message to both kids, so is that from his daugher?

does she sound hot?
Yes from daughter, and sure she's hot.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Tue May 31, 2011 6:43 pm

Undeterred, Syric resumes his task of digging up information on the P'sont's, only this time he is checking on Marc Sr. to see if any new information is available. He also looks for any recent listings of the Avalon.

Gather information: Roll(1d20)+9: 20,+9 Total:29
Use Computer: Roll(1d20)+10: 13,+10 Total:23
Time: Roll(1d6)+0:3,+0 Total:3
Spoiler: