Taris Event Chapter 4

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Blackferne
Archbishop
Taris Event Chapter 4

Post by Blackferne » Mon May 16, 2011 8:20 pm

Previously on the Taris Event: Jounville Blackferne got kidnapped by some thugs. Arillius Blackferne his father assembled a motley crew of people from Jounville's past to help find them. They were immediately greeted by two Sith named Hortell and Quax. After the Sith took as much evidence as they could gather from Jounville's "Church", the party left Lok and landed in Mos Eisley.

On Mos Eisley Arillius and his work partner Eoc gave the group start up money and registered them as a Business to cover their movement. Aderbrent was formed and they ran into Cuspar who joined the party. The group through gambling financed a ship called the Sweet Delia and made contact with Nolan Tsont'Ar. The party split with Wailer heading to Lok to retrace their steps and the remainder to Bryx to find out more about Kunga the Hutt.

On Lok Wailer found out that the ship that had transported Jounville was captained by Marc P'sont and called the Avalon, but records of its current whereabouts were hard to track down. He went to Bryx to rejoin the main party.

On Bryx the party made contact and was attempting to talk to Kunga's main advisor Ro'Talth at the theater when the Sith attacked. The party intervened to protect Ro'Talth and his girlfriend Ra'Wen at her villa from Sith Combat droids who were attacking. Wailer died valiantly defending the party. When things were looking very grave, a mysterious robot appeared on a nearby rooftop and helped save the day. He called himself Fandango and by fate also had a connection to Jounville and gave information about what he had been up to leading to his abduction.

Fandango was a prototype class of a new generation of deadly Sith Combat Droids who if made into mass production could pose a serious threat to piece. He was converted from his primary programming by Jounville and now sought to eliminate the other sith droids before they could be deployed. The key element in their effectiveness was called Tordassium, a rare isotope found in ore deposits. Tordassium lacks the abundance or single purpose attributes found in more common metals like iron or aluminum and is more of a research novelty than an industrial component. That said Fandango revealed that the element made the processors for the droids way more effective than other similar models.

The party left Bryx escaping the blockade with the help of Fandango carrying Ro'Talth and Ra'Wen. Wailer's body was sent to the Jedi Temple for a proper burial. The party traversed to Mos Eisley to regroup and plan their next move. Upon arrival Dood Amm'nel received word that his father had died in an unexpected shuttle accident. He and his trusty zabrak sidekick Klak Reen departed for Bothawui immediately for the funeral. The remaining parts of the party with Ro'Talth's help investigated the mystery of these Sith Droids. So Leet, Eli, and Cuspar went to Nolan Tsont'Ar with the information for guidance. Ro'Talth, Syric, and Bulwark went to a contact of Ro'Talth's for help tracking down Tordassium production. Outside the office of the contact Ro'Talth and Bulwarkgot into an artgument over whether to arm Fandango with non ion weapons. Words and then blaster fire were exchanged before a very wounded Bulwark limped away swearing revenge.

Upset Ro'Talth and Syric returned to the Sweet Delia where Ro'Talth and Ra'Wen prepared to leave. Syric attempted to stop them before getting Cuspar on the comm to persuade him. After a bit of deception on Ro'Talth's part he and Ra'Wen left the ship in her speeder. So Leet and Fandango worked to track the location of their comms before finding them in the garden district. Ro'Talth had dumped them. A short while later there was a report of an explosion. Ra'Wen's speeder was destroyed and Ro'Talth was apparently dead. Bulwark received mysterious messages on his comms purportedly from Ro'Talth suggesting he faked his death and that Aderbrent was going to suffer. About this time Jedi Jax Ryfon landed on Tatooine with a charge from the Jedi Council to assist in the investigation regarding the Sith Droids, Jounville Blackferne and the death of Wailer.

Ro'Talth's contact demanded to meet with Aderbrent to get out of his contract for fear of his life. After much debate and persuasion the party agreed to let him go. The next morning Syric Frost was taken in for questioning by local authorities. He was not charged with anything, but they threatened to detain the ship and him as a person of interest unless he cooperated. After being released he went back to the ship indicating what had happened. Bulwark didn't want to go in for questioning, but Eli and Syric separately called in to the police to reveal Bulwark's name. Fandango fearing for his freedom left the party and went to Fossar Shipping to have himself crated and shipped to Dood Amm'nel and Klak Reen on Bothawui.

Bulwark was subject to heavy interrogation by the local authorities and Jax acting as counsel before Nolan Tsont'Ar came in at Cuspar's request to help the situation. Tsont'Ar offered Bulwark a choice to either let local authorities play out their investigation or come work for him and abide by his rules. Bulwark chose the later, and Nolan Tsont'Ar removed Bulwark from police custody.

All parties headed off to Bothawui in three separate ships: The Sweet delia, Jax's starfighter, and Tsont'Ar's operations yacht. During the police investigation and subsequent travel time, Dood gave the eulogy at his father's funeral. At the estate settlement he found out that his father's fortune had been effectively stolen. The bank officers and lawyers said there were complicated investments at play that appeared to be fronts run by organized crime. They were cooperating with the Republic Bureau of Investigation's fraud unit, but so far little evidence had come in.

Dood suffered another personal blow when his clan met to say that the head of the Clan would not be passed to him as he had not accomplished enough and the good of the clan was the first priority. They were apologetic, and hoped he would understand.

On Bothawui Eli departed the group citing personal reasons. Tsont'Ar met with the party to discuss an employment opportunity. Tsont'Ar had an agent named Ko who was being held in a research laboratory. The job was to simply siege the lab, rescue Ko, and destroy the lab. The party accomplished that goal with the help of Tsont'Ar operative Tony Plush who serves as Bulwark mentor/partner in the field.

Dood who did not go on the operation made a deal with Fandango to engage in private one to one conversations, while Fandango helped him conduct an investigation as to whole stole his family fortune and perhaps murdered his father. Nolan Tsont'Ar said it seemed like the work of noted Exchange crime lieutenant Montigue who serves under Sargo, the man ultimately responsible for Jounville's kidnapping.

And now, back to our story.....
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Blackferne
Archbishop

Re: Taris Event Chapter 4

Post by Blackferne » Mon May 16, 2011 8:29 pm

Tsont'Ar's pilot lands the ship used for the operation in a docking bay currently closed for "maintenance". As the party disembarks from the ship Nolan Tsont'Ar and Dood are waiting in the bay.

"Welcome gentlemen. I see your mission was a success. Ko my lad, you look like hell. Let's see if you can get some rest before we send you back into the wild." Nolan signals to Ko to go to a nearby door.

"As for Aderbrent here is the remaining 50k. I trust that you all found this an eye opening experience?"
Jounville Blackferne

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Mon May 16, 2011 9:47 pm

Indeed, Mr. Tsont'Ar. And a lucrative one. I enjoyed cutting my teeth on combat.

Cuspar motions to the group.

But I think I ask on all our behalves, what's next? Delays in our search for Blackferne, real or perceived, are becoming fractitious to our group. Any harm done to the Sith is of benefit to the galaxy - but my colleagues and I are itching to make progress. Perhaps once we've had a chance to recover from the endeavour for a short time, we can discuss our individual objectives, and where they become mutual.
Cuspar

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon May 16, 2011 10:01 pm

"But of course Mr. Inirv'E. I do understand. I will warn you though that it is becoming increasingly apparent to my old eyes that the forces at play in Mr. Blackferne's capture are dangerous ones. If they wanted him dead you wouldn't have formed your company, but rather you would have attended a funeral. He is most likely alive, and serving as some kind of leverage. Who is leveraging whom I can't even begin to speculate. That said I ask you to act cautiously in all your investigations, for the price of acting hastily can be grave." He pauses for a second. "I also want to express I have a great desire to help rescue Mr. Blackferne because his knowledge might secure the Republic for a day, and a day can make all the difference. To that, if your group is receptive, I would like to offer the services of Mr. Plush and Mr. Bulwark towards the rescue of Mr. Blackferne. Mr. Plush responds well to a firm chain of command in my experience, so having a system of resolution authority might be advisable, and Bulwark is studying the methods of our group at Mr. Plush's capable hands so I think they can plug in quite nicely. Would this be acceptable?"
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Tue May 17, 2011 4:32 am

Listen Nolan, as much as I appreciate the help you've provided, there's no denying the power you have and I don't like the thought of being one of your pawns in some galactic struggle that's none of my concern. Now I have no problem with Tony and Bulwark tagging along since they actually know Blackferne, but I'd like to stay autonomous of your control so I don't end up under your thumb like Bulwark...I mean it seems odd you offering his services when we all started out to find Blackferne together voluntarily. "
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue May 17, 2011 5:41 am

"As you wish Mr. Frost. If you don't mind these two tagging along that would be great." Turning to Tony "I'll expect periodic updates Mr. Plush." Turning back to Syric "And if you find yourself in a bind don't be afraid to call. You might not like the idea of being a pawn, but I assure my generosity of talent and resources is aimed at a common objective even if you don't see it that way. Now if there isn't anything left for me, I'll be on my way to debrief Ko."
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Tue May 17, 2011 7:02 pm

"Thank you Mr. T'sontar." Syric says with a polite nod towards Nolan.

Looking to the others, "I suggest we have a drink and discuss our next steps, including how we plan to divvy up the credits."

"Well Dood, we're desperate need of a bar that can handle an Alvian bender so where should we go, I'd like to have a last drink with you if you'll be staying here to sort out your own affairs. We could probably use some help on some other fronts before we get too 'religious' also."

Edit: fuckers :shifty:
Last edited by Whiteness on Tue May 17, 2011 7:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Wed May 18, 2011 1:00 am

Blackferne wrote:Tsont'Ar's pilot lands the ship used for the operation in a docking bay currently closed for "maintenance". As the party disembarks from the ship Nolan Tsont'Ar and Dood are waiting in the bay.
We are?
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed May 18, 2011 1:36 am

Dood wrote:
Blackferne wrote:Tsont'Ar's pilot lands the ship used for the operation in a docking bay currently closed for "maintenance". As the party disembarks from the ship Nolan Tsont'Ar and Dood are waiting in the bay.
We are?
Yes. You had a conversation with him remember?
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Wed May 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Dood wrote:
We are?
Yes. You had a conversation with him remember?
Sorry, I had only skimmed the lead-in and didn't realize that the plot stuff that you and I discussed that you said you really wanted to do in the other thread were now not being done.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed May 18, 2011 4:38 pm

I figured for the progression of the story and pull us out of the lull I would breeze past them, though you are not leader of the clan and that should serve as a motivator for you as we had discussed.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed May 18, 2011 4:48 pm

It is then that Syric notices how different Dood looks from when he last saw him, something had definitely happened in their absence, something more than just the passing of his father... maybe his old man meant more to him than I thought, I don't really know many Bothans that well...

"Hey Dood, I didn't mean to be insensitive, we can just get out of your hair if you think that's best."
Spoiler:

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Wed May 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Whiteness wrote:It is then that Syric notices how different Dood looks from when he last saw him, something had definitely happened in their absence, something more than just the passing of his father... maybe his old man meant more to him than I thought, I don't really know many Bothans that well...

"Hey Dood, I didn't mean to be insensitive, we can just get out of your hair if you think that's best."
Dood looks at Syric suddenly.

"No, of course not. I apologize, I was...somewhere else. I believe I can lead us to a place that fits the bill."

Dood leads the rest of the group to a nearby bar that's not too fancy for this particular group.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed May 18, 2011 8:11 pm

Dood leads you to a darkly lit bar down the main road from the spaceport. It has deep leather booths and a client base that barely looks the group over as they walk in. The majority of the bar are local bothans. Based on the uniforms you would guess spaceport workers looking for a relaxing drink on their way home from work. The group walks in and settles into a large booth in the back. A waitress comes up.

"Well what can I get you kids?" She is an older bothan with flecks of grey fur in her hair. She gives off a polite and friendly vibe, like a grandmother who would sneak you beer as a teenager, but it is clearly just part of a facade for dealing with others, like a grandmother who would sneak you beer as a teenager.
Jounville Blackferne

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed May 18, 2011 8:24 pm

I'll have a Quarrenese Ale please, Ma'am...
Cuspar

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed May 18, 2011 8:27 pm

"I'll have a Chandrilian Brandy with a Rodian Rum chaser. Please."

I'm also going to scan the room for any attractive humanoid ladies that appear to be unattached, or at least not directly with a guy, at the time I'm looking.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed May 18, 2011 8:28 pm

Cuspar wrote:I'll have a Quarrenese Ale please, Ma'am...
"Sure thing toots." She fetches your ale. (the assumption is that you guys are more or less ordering at the same time so assume you get your drink based on this post)
Jounville Blackferne

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed May 18, 2011 8:29 pm

Sorry Tony...attractive unattached female and dockworker bar don't tend to synch up often. Now if you want an unattractive woman....
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed May 18, 2011 8:51 pm

Syric quaffs the first of the three ales in a single drink and proceeded to take down half of another with his second drink.

With a look that shows his concern for his furry Alvian brother he asks, "So Dood, what's your situation here?"
Spoiler:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed May 18, 2011 8:54 pm

Blackferne wrote:Sorry Tony...attractive unattached female and dockworker bar don't tend to synch up often. Now if you want an unattractive woman....
This sausage-fest will not do at all... Gonna have to wait to see if this is just a social visit or if there is business to be done, and once I know it's social only, or business is concluded, I'm going to have to head out for greener pastures I think...

Btw what time is it in-game?
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed May 18, 2011 8:55 pm

Furiel wrote:
Blackferne wrote:Sorry Tony...attractive unattached female and dockworker bar don't tend to synch up often. Now if you want an unattractive woman....
This sausage-fest will not do at all... Gonna have to wait to see if this is just a social visit or if there is business to be done, and once I know it's social only, or business is concluded, I'm going to have to head out for greener pastures I think...

Btw what time is it in-game?
5pm local time.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed May 18, 2011 8:58 pm

"Oh yeah, I don't know what T'sontar told you, but Tony Plush here is a good guy, ran with Klak and Porky back in the Army. He helped us get through that last job in one piece. We filled Tony in on most of what's happened so far."

[ooc - I'm going to assume between Klak and Syric we told Tony the basics since we probably didn't know what Mr.T told him, otherwise it would have been a boring flight home]
Spoiler:

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Wed May 18, 2011 11:04 pm

Whiteness wrote:Syric quaffs the first of the three ales in a single drink and proceeded to take down half of another with his second drink.

With a look that shows his concern for his furry Alvian brother he asks, "So Dood, what's your situation here?"
Dood sips his drink.

"My situation here is concluded."

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu May 19, 2011 3:26 am

Syric brightens noticeably, perhaps it was the ale doing its work as he had finished his second drink and started his third, perhaps it was the unattractive woman that had just walked through the door coupled with being confined to a ship with these men for way too long, but likely it was the surprisingly good turn this conversation had seemed to take...

So you're coming back with us? he said hopefully.
Spoiler:

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Thu May 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Whiteness wrote:Syric brightens noticeably, perhaps it was the ale doing its work as he had finished his second drink and started his third, perhaps it was the unattractive woman that had just walked through the door coupled with being confined to a ship with these men for way too long, but likely it was the surprisingly good turn this conversation had seemed to take...

So you're coming back with us? he said hopefully.
"I believe we still have someone to find, and I believe that in doing so we can help bring justice to some people who sorely deserve it."