Astrogation times in previous version

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Furiel
Cardinal
Astrogation times in previous version

Post by Furiel » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:53 pm

I finally remembered to pull my old rulebook out and look up the astrogation rules and times from it. Reading through the rules I kinda understand why they went away from it, the rules in general are very chart heavy and it would take a couple minutes just to figure out the DC of the astrogation roll before it was rolled, I can post that info too, but I think mostly we're interested in the times, and the times they use make alot more sense to me.

The basics:
Hyperspace travel time is measured in hours. Depending on what section of the galaxy you are starting from, and the section you are ending in, there is a different base time. The success or failure of your astrogation roll modifies the amount of time it actually takes to make the jump. Your hyperdrive multiplier also applies. The formula looks like this:

Hyperspace time = (base time X hyperdrive modifier) - ARM (astrogation roll modifier)

The ARM rules are simple, fail by 5 or more and there is a mishap (GM discression), fail by 1-4 and you add 1d12 hours to the trip, success by 0-4 no change, success by 5-9 subtract 1d12 hours, success by 10 or more subtract 2d12 hours. Minimum hyperspace time is always 1 hour though even if your ARM would cause the time to be 0 or negative.

So for example, right now we are jumping from Tatooine to Bothawui. Tatooine is in the Outer Rim, Bothawui is in the Mid Rim.

Time = (24 X 2) - ARM

So using these rules we're looking at about a 2 day trip in hyperspace if we use them. Let me know if you want to use these rules instead Joun, and if so I'll post the full travel time chart.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel