The Taris Event Chapter 3:Dood and Klak attend Funeral subpl

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Blackferne
Archbishop
Re: The Taris Event Chapter 3:Dood and Klak attend Funeral s

Post by Blackferne » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:12 am

Corell Neen speaks "The Republic Bureau of Investigation Fraud Division. I'm of course speaking of the money part. I don't know the name of the chief investigator. The accident as far as I know was an accident. Are you suggesting foul play?" He says sheepishly. Montgomery Sorns sits down with the impression he doesn't take scolding well.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:39 pm

Blackferne wrote:Corell Neen speaks "The Republic Bureau of Investigation Fraud Division. I'm of course speaking of the money part. I don't know the name of the chief investigator. The accident as far as I know was an accident. Are you suggesting foul play?" He says sheepishly. Montgomery Sorns sits down with the impression he doesn't take scolding well.
Dood, becoming more agitated, snaps, "What else would I be suggesting?"

Dood takes a breath and recomposes himself.

"I would appreciate it if you gentlebothans could provide me with the contact information for the authorities to whom you've turned this investigation over. In the meantime, my family and I are going to spend some time mourning and contemplating what, exactly, we are to do next."
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Reese
Priest

The Taris Event Chapter 3:Dood and Klak attend Funeral subpl

Post by Reese » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:14 am

Sitting in the lobby Klak decides that security is not an issue here. His services will not be required. He requests a private location to make a holo-recording of the secretary.

Once in the room he notices a message waiting. He ignores this and quickly records a message to Dood.

"My friend, clearly your family and friends have seen to your security. As my services are not required I will excuse myself to return to our wayward party. After your grief settles I hope you are able to join us again. If you require me to return I am at your service. Please excuse my sending you this note and not discussing in person. I felt it best to allow you to settle your business with family in private."

After saving the message Klak reviews the waiting message informing him of the partys immanent arrival on Bothuwai. Klak let's out a disgruntled groan and deletes the message recorded for Dood.

Klak goes back to the lobby and sits down. There will be no need to leave because the trouble is coming to him. Dood and his family will not be pleased.

Sent from my JesusPhone using TapaTeamEdward
This... I Command!

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:50 pm

Dood and his family gather Klak outside and head back to the family estate while the bankers and lawyers start making arrangements and inquire who specifically is heading up the investigation on Koth's death.

The next day comes and the rest of the galactic irregulars will show up on Bothawui so we will merge the two threads back together.
Jounville Blackferne

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue May 03, 2011 7:41 pm

After everyone else departs for Korriz, Fandango goes to Dood's family estate.

"Dood Amm'nel I seek your advice about my future." He says.
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Wed May 04, 2011 10:25 pm

Blackferne wrote:After everyone else departs for Korriz, Fandango goes to Dood's family estate.

"Dood Amm'nel I seek your advice about my future." He says.
[ooc: I'm assuming that we've already entered the dwelling, are in a room or something where we won't be overheard]

Dood pours himself a drink. He's been doing that a lot lately.

"Futures appear to be weighing heavily on all of us, Fandango."

Dood moves to a comfortable chair and sits, facing Fandango while he sips his drink.

"What about your future has you asking me for help?"

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu May 05, 2011 12:58 am

"Well as you may be aware the remainder of Aderbrent is currently working on a job for Mr. Tsont'Ar who has recently employed Mr. Bulwark Migs. I think it is reasonable to believe Mr. Tsont'Ar has a vested interest in the fate of Mr. Jounville Blackferne. It is stands to reason that this job in some aspects may be an audition of your organization's abilities towards future employment. Given the hostility Mr. Bulwark Migs holds towards droids in general and myself in particular I think it is also reasonable to believe Mr. Tsont'Ar knows of my existence, and if he doesn't it will just be a matter of time until it will become apparent the true nature of my identity. Given his reputation and resume it is also reasonable to assume that Mr. Tsont'Ar would not value or tolerate my liberty in a manner to which I have become accustomed. The rational action would be to part ways with the company at this time, but I don't want to abandon my friend Mr. Jounville Blackferne if he is in danger. I am not sure how to best process this conflict and wish your counsel in this manner." Fandango says.
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Thu May 05, 2011 9:32 pm

Dood takes a long sip of his drink, eyes fixed on Fandango.

"It's quite the conundrum."

Dood turns his attention to the ceiling as he thinks. He then looks at Fandango for a few more seconds.

"I can think of no way in which you can remain with the group and retain your freedom. It's obvious that you have to leave."

Dood then rings for Polo to come into the room.

Polo: "What can I do for you, sir?"
Dood: "Polo I feel a bit of a draft in this room. Would you be so kind as to run a seal check on the windows in this wing?"

Polo raises his eyebrows knowingly and responds, "Absolutely, sir. I shall do so at once."

Polo turns to leave, and as he does so, opens a panel on the wall and clicks a few switches before nodding to Dood and then leaving.

"I apologize, Fandango. On a world such as Bothawui one cannot be too careful. We should now be able to speak freely without any risk of being overheard from unseen guests. Between the events surrounding my family and clan and the presence of our Mr. Tson'tar here, I do not wish that my private conversations be shared with others."

Dood once again takes a long sip of his drink. His gaze travels to the carpet under his feet. He takes a long breath and lets it out very slowly, fidgeting with his glass while he does so.

"Your devotion to our mutual friend is more than admirable. It is a shame that Mr. Bulwark does not see this as the blessing that it truly is because I honestly believe that there is no greater asset in this galaxy than a dedicated and thoroughly motivated friend. I wonder...how dedicated and motivated are you - both to Jounville and to the Alvian precept of revenge?"

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu May 05, 2011 9:51 pm

"I am in an interesting intersection of programming and desire. I am programmed to be a killer. I can do that with ruthless efficiency. If you were to name a city and tell me to destroy it I am positive I could be walking out of the rubble within the month. It wouldn't be easy, but it is was I am designed to do. Intersecting that is the gift Mr. Jounville Blackferne gave me, the concept of justice as distributed through Alvian teachings. My challenge is to fuse my natural talents with my new ideals. The embodiment of the Alvian way is what I want most. Alvians look out for their brothers and sisters. Jounville Blackferne is my brother, and I would destroy worlds to prevent injustice from coming to him." Fandango says looking into the fireplace.
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Fri May 06, 2011 8:35 pm

Dood looks at Fandango. His gaze is fixed for what seems like a long time before he too turns to the fire.

"It is good to hear that. My father was recently taken from me. As it turns out, his so-called accidental death coincided with the nearly complete eradication of our family's estate by the same people who we believe have taken Jounville. The timing of the two events are also very, very close."

Dood takes a drink and then returns his gaze to Fandango.

"I spoke with Mr. Tson'tar regarding the possibility of a link between the two - the kidnapping of our friend and the swindling and accidental death of my father. He denied any knowledge of such a link, but would not rule it out. I believe he knows more than he is letting on. I believe that freeing our friend will also enable us to avenge my father. I believe this because the trail of wrong-doings for both my father and for Jounville lead to the same man: Montague - lieutenant to Sargo."

Dood stands and walks to the fire place as he finishes his drink. He stares into the fire, hand on the mantle.

"Fandango, it may not be safe for you to continue to travel with us, but I believe you can do a service to two Alvians still. You can help us find Jounville and help me exact revenge upon Mr. Montague."

Dood turns to face Fandango again.

"Were I to arrange for the proper equipment to allow you to keep in contact with me - and only me - while investigating this link on your own, would you be willing to do so? Would you be willing to help us find Mr. Montague, what he's up to, and help me see to it that his time in this galaxy is shorter than he thinks?"

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri May 06, 2011 8:49 pm

"But of course. I am at your service for the greater cause Mr. Amm'nel." Fandango says looking up from the chair.
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon May 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Blackferne wrote:"But of course. I am at your service for the greater cause Mr. Amm'nel." Fandango says looking up from the chair.
Dood looks back to the fireplace.

"That is good to hear, Fandango. I will make the arrangements for the necessary communication equipment. I will also have Polo arrange for quarters for you here and to make all of the resources here available to you to begin your part of our mission anew. I think you'll find that gathering information on where to go is something that comes much more easily here on Bothawui."

Dood finishes his drink, looks at Fandango and then walks over to fix himself a new drink.