The Taris Event Chapter 3 OOC Thread

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Whiteness
Priest
Re: The Taris Event Chapter 3 OOC Thread

Post by Whiteness » Fri May 13, 2011 5:48 pm

Since I have more pistols than I can keep track of i was looking at the holster section and wanted your opinion.

Holster
Holsters are generally available for all Medium or smaller weapons. (larger weapons are usually carried on shoulder straps, hangers, or baldries that cost as much as a hip holster.) A holster for a melee weapon is usually called a sheath.
Hip Holster: This holster holds the weapon in an easily accessed-and easily seen-location.
Concealed Holster: A concealed holster is designed to help keep a weapon out of sight (see the Stealth skill, page 72). In most cases, this is a shoulder holster (the weapon fits under the wearer's armpit, presumably beneath a jacket, vest, or cloak). Small or Tiny weapons and single-bladed lightsabers can be carried in concealed waistband holsters (often placed inside the wearer's waistband in the small of the back). Tiny weapons and single-bladed lightsabers can also be carried in ankle, boot or wrist holsters.

So previously we thought it was only small or tiny weapons that could be used in concealed holsters, but I think this says that holsters carry medium or smaller and the waistband subset of concealed holsters are the ones that can not be used with Medium weapons.

edit: I just read the stealth part, so I guess I could wear the medium weapon in a concealed holster, but it wouldn't be concealed because as a human (medium sized) I need the item to be at least one size smaller?
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon May 16, 2011 6:18 pm

Good news everyone. I'm updating the spreadsheets this afternoon during slack time and we are getting ready to start chapter 4. I apologize for the delay, but I really wanted to focus on the charter since we were talking about it, since it looks like that is probably gonna settle we can get back to fun and games.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Mon May 16, 2011 6:24 pm

Is there any real benefit to having ion weapons? It seems to me that they don't do anything to a droid that a regular blaster couldn't do.

my plans of looking like Il Duce may be pointless...
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon May 16, 2011 6:29 pm

Whiteness wrote:Is there any real benefit to having ion weapons? It seems to me that they don't do anything to a droid that a regular blaster couldn't do.

my plans of looking like Il Duce may be pointless...
Probably the ability to disable but not destroy the droid I would figure. So if you were looking to salvage droids or capture rebuild and interrogate.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum