The Taris Event Chapter 3 OOC Thread

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Bulwark
Cardinal
Re: The Taris Event Chapter 3 OOC Thread

Post by Bulwark » Tue May 10, 2011 9:33 pm

Whiteness wrote: ...probably want to upgrade at some point.
I would suggest this.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Tue May 10, 2011 9:33 pm

Whiteness wrote:
Reese wrote: And, if no one offers Dood a cut of the funding, Klak will be offering him 1/3 of his to thank him for all he has done.
This is why I'm not worried about Dood but also feel it would be 'wrong' to give him a cut. Syric would be open to discuss this if anyone felt he should get some cut.

As to a money making venture, what are we really going to do with 15K each? I might go back and suggest a bigger cut for the company once other people weigh in, because the major costs in my mind are ship related. We are still making payments on it and we will probably want to upgrade at some point.
As to Reese's point - YES - it's all good for Aderbrent to make money. I just meant that it's silly for me to get more of the profits than someone else because I kicked some money in at some point. I just think it should be an equal partnership from here on out.

I think your second point is relevant. We rarely need credits - so if we each got say 5000 credits, and left the balance in Aderbrent - we'd be good. And Aderbrent could always spend some money on equipment for one of us in a pinch.
Cuspar

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Tue May 10, 2011 9:54 pm

I propose that we pay off all investment monies so far, and then Dood can invest the remainder with those same fine folks that his father invested his monies with.
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Arrican
Deacon

The Taris Event Chapter 3 OOC Thread

Post by Arrican » Tue May 10, 2011 10:17 pm

I want as much money as possible. Id like to have aderbrent buy back the droids from me and then get my cut and my investment. I'd basically like to be bought out.

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed May 11, 2011 3:12 am

What modifications did you make to the droids?

Also what is So Leet's rationale for wanting as much money as possible? Is he leaving the group? Otherwise it seems like the consensus is to upgrade the ship.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Wed May 11, 2011 3:27 pm

Not necessarily leaving the group, just not happy with the current direction of the group. Still plans to work with the group, but not planning on working "for" anyone who is not part of our core group. Basically not looking to be an employee or lackey of Tsont'ar. Meaning So will travel to the same places you travel to, but not work with or be affiliated with his men if at all possible.

**EDIT**

As for the mods to the droids, just added basic 1d4 weapons to them. Well, not to the surgical droid, but to the security droids.

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed May 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Arrican wrote:Not necessarily leaving the group, just not happy with the current direction of the group. Still plans to work with the group, but not planning on working "for" anyone who is not part of our core group. Basically not looking to be an employee or lackey of Tsont'ar. Meaning So will travel to the same places you travel to, but not work with or be affiliated with his men if at all possible.

**EDIT**

As for the mods to the droids, just added basic 1d4 weapons to them. Well, not to the surgical droid, but to the security droids.
Cool, would there be any way So Leet could be on board for spending most of the cash to upgrade the ship or trade it in for something better?
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Wed May 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Not since he's planning on buying his own ship with his cut.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed May 11, 2011 5:16 pm

We need to be more together, not more apart.
Cuspar

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Wed May 11, 2011 5:18 pm

So, in all sincerity, do people still want to play? I mean, we had Eli/Bulwark before and now we have Tony/Jax along with So Leet not wanting to be a part of the group. I've been on the outside of everything for a long time now as a combination of IRL and storyline necessity, so from my side of things it really doesn't look like everyone's enjoying this. Maybe I'm misreading though.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed May 11, 2011 5:29 pm

I'm enjoying it.
Cuspar

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed May 11, 2011 5:36 pm

I'm enjoying it.
Spoiler:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed May 11, 2011 5:39 pm

I'm enjoying it.

I switched out characters to actually try to build more group cohesion because I knew there would be issues between Bulwark and Eli going forward and I saw the group fraying so I thought that if I removed one of the pressures that was causing some of the lack of cohesion maybe things would come back together and instead Arrican's character won't work with me and wants to kill me for no discernable reason other than I work for Tsont'Ar and Gando's character not being willing to work with me because his character is a moralistic hippocrit.

Apparently I can't win for trying.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed May 11, 2011 5:46 pm

Well just a quick note. I am not continuing until I feel the charter is mostly resolved (which I think is real soon) because of how my mind works ad dedicating it spare time creating thinking etc etc.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed May 11, 2011 5:48 pm

Some characters have made some things 'difficult' but I just see it as challenges that make the game more interesting. That being said I don't know how this will all play out with Bulwark and Tony being in Mr. T's employ, Jax being an agent of the Jedi council, So Leet wanting to work with the group under certain conditions and the remainder being Alvians.

And to reiterate, I said characters not players, I fully support people playing their characters as they see fit even if it causes difficulties for other characters. Syric will just shoot you for it.
Spoiler:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed May 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Blackferne wrote:Well just a quick note. I am not continuing until I feel the charter is mostly resolved (which I think is real soon) because of how my mind works ad dedicating it spare time creating thinking etc etc.
And that is fine because I think the 'players' need to resolve or decide on some things before we can continue.
Spoiler:

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Wed May 11, 2011 5:58 pm

Furiel wrote: Arrican's character won't work with me and wants to kill me for no discernable reason other than I work for Tsont'Ar
The reasoning was clear and explained to Tsont'Ar, he doesn't want to be anyone's lackey or owe anyone anything. And I have yet to draw down on you. :-D
He just doesn't want to be indebted or be affiliated with anyone who is so secretive and doesn't explain his position better. Simple as that.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed May 11, 2011 6:00 pm

Tsont'Ar explains himself fine.

You just need to use a thesaurus. :shun:
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Wed May 11, 2011 6:06 pm

Blackferne wrote:Tsont'Ar explains himself fine.

You just need to use a thesaurus. :shun:
Great. Now he wants us to go hunt a dinosaur.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed May 11, 2011 6:15 pm

Arrican wrote:
Furiel wrote: Arrican's character won't work with me and wants to kill me for no discernable reason other than I work for Tsont'Ar
The reasoning was clear and explained to Tsont'Ar, he doesn't want to be anyone's lackey or owe anyone anything. And I have yet to draw down on you. :-D
He just doesn't want to be indebted or be affiliated with anyone who is so secretive and doesn't explain his position better. Simple as that.
If So Leet wants a better explanation of Tsont'Ar's organization Tony can provide you one, and Tsont'Ar's interest in the groups current operations extends basically as far as assigning Bulwark and Tony to help. And as you can see while he is willing to put other resources (like financial ones) into the pot, they aren't freebies so you would not be indebted to him, they have/are being earned. That does not preclude him from trying to recruit the rest of the group down the road, but as of now he is not looking to make you or any one else one of his lackeys.

And no, you haven't drawn down on me because you and your character know that's a no-win game for you. I do out-of-game however suspect that during one of the phases of the base assault you considered grabbing one of Klak's thermal detonators and throwing it in the room I was in until you realized that Tony would survive the explosion unless you critted.

Also, just a friendly reminder, Tony did admit to having a past with Joun in the military, so Tony does have more of a vested interest in seeing the mission through other than his orders...
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Wed May 11, 2011 6:19 pm

Furiel wrote:And no, you haven't drawn down on me because you and your character know that's a no-win game for you. I do out-of-game however suspect that during one of the phases of the base assault you considered grabbing one of Klak's thermal detonators and throwing it in the room I was in until you realized that Tony would survive the explosion unless you critted.

Also, just a friendly reminder, Tony did admit to having a past with Joun in the military, so Tony does have more of a vested interest in seeing the mission through other than his orders...
Nah, I was going to pick your pocket and pull the pins on the thermal detonators and push you into the room... but that's an aside... :-D

I also served with porky (part of my back story or at least it was supposed to be), so I'm curious why the other ex-military person gets the short end of the stick? :-P

But hey, if me having an opinion or playing how I think my character would act is a bad thing I can just go back to sitting here and doing random rolls and not really being involved in the situation, or I can continue to play the way I am. All I got was criticized or given a hard time since I wasn't as involved, all the little, oh, he's quiet comments. Now I get an opinion in game and it's worse than before. :-P

So speaking of trying and not winning...

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Wed May 11, 2011 6:22 pm

I am enjoying it overall. But I also play a morally neutral character with very little regard for anything. So that helps me not care some much if someone gets shot.

To resolve all issues I advocate for more killing of team members that purposefully dont get along with each other so that we can roll new characters that care less in game.
This... I Command!

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Wed May 11, 2011 6:23 pm

Reese wrote:I am enjoying it overall. But I also play a morally neutral character with very little regard for anything. So that helps me not care some much if someone gets shot.

To resolve all issues I advocate for more killing of team members that purposefully dont get along with each other so that we can roll new characters that care less in game.
:rave:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed May 11, 2011 6:27 pm

Reese wrote:I am enjoying it overall. But I also play a morally neutral character with very little regard for anything. So that helps me not care some much if someone gets shot.

I can assist in killing people off. :shifty:
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed May 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Arrican wrote:
Furiel wrote:And no, you haven't drawn down on me because you and your character know that's a no-win game for you. I do out-of-game however suspect that during one of the phases of the base assault you considered grabbing one of Klak's thermal detonators and throwing it in the room I was in until you realized that Tony would survive the explosion unless you critted.

Nah, I was going to pick your pocket and pull the pins on the thermal detonators and push you into the room... but that's an aside... :-D

I also served with porky (part of my back story or at least it was supposed to be), so I'm curious why the other ex-military person gets the short end of the stick? :-P

But hey, if me having an opinion or playing how I think my character would act is a bad thing I can just go back to sitting here and doing random rolls and not really being involved in the situation, or I can continue to play the way I am. All I got was criticized or given a hard time since I wasn't as involved, all the little, oh, he's quiet comments. Now I get an opinion in game and it's worse than before. :-P

So speaking of trying and not winning...
I was never made aware of your military history so that would be why.

And hey, I'm all for you playing how you want, I'm just trying to provide avenues if you choose to explore them to create less party turmoil.

The Plush Family: