The Taris Event Chapter 3 OOC Thread

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Furiel
Cardinal
Re: The Taris Event Chapter 3 OOC Thread

Post by Furiel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:33 pm

Whiteness wrote:
Blackferne wrote:
Furiel wrote:Correct, you go with the higher minimum and higher average. It's unfortunate your max doesn't go up, but it is what it is.

Also of interest is the fact that because it's a standard blaster pistol it's technically a small weapon as opposed to the hvy blaster pistol being a medium weapon. How that's interesting is that small weapons can be used in concealable holsters and mediums cannot. :shifty:
:yeahthat:
oooh I didn't think about that...shazbot
We can revist loot distribution at a later time if needed as well. Thats the nice thing about PnP, nothing is bind on pickup or any crap like that so when we are done we can have a more in-depth discussion about trading items, etc if we feel it necessary.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:33 pm

Whiteness wrote:
Blackferne wrote:
Furiel wrote:Correct, you go with the higher minimum and higher average. It's unfortunate your max doesn't go up, but it is what it is.

Also of interest is the fact that because it's a standard blaster pistol it's technically a small weapon as opposed to the hvy blaster pistol being a medium weapon. How that's interesting is that small weapons can be used in concealable holsters and mediums cannot. :shifty:
:yeahthat:
oooh I didn't think about that...shazbot
Don't worry. :shifty:
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:04 pm

Syric would have given the pistol to Cuspar anyways after the shots he had last night :m_cool:
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:05 pm

So I just double checked the rules and Bulwark is right, Aiming does take 2 swift actions, not just one. So from here on out it looks like I can only aim if I don't move that round.

Also for whitey's current attack - attacking with 2 weapons is a full round action, so you can't move in the same round other than make a 1 square shift so he's going to have to negate his second attack.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:14 pm

Furiel wrote:So I just double checked the rules and Bulwark is right, Aiming does take 2 swift actions, not just one. So from here on out it looks like I can only aim if I don't move that round.

Also for whitey's current attack - attacking with 2 weapons is a full round action, so you can't move in the same round other than make a 1 square shift so he's going to have to negate his second attack.
I assumed he was just outside of view and did the one square shift to shoot soldier 1 making him open to Soldier 2's attack.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Furiel wrote:So I just double checked the rules and Bulwark is right, Aiming does take 2 swift actions, not just one. So from here on out it looks like I can only aim if I don't move that round.

I assumed he was just outside of view and did the one square shift to shoot soldier 1 making him open to Soldier 2's attack.
Works for me as long as that all means we are right by that hallway

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:17 pm

Furiel wrote:
Blackferne wrote:

Works for me as long as that all means we are right by that hallway
I assumed you distributed loot ad crept up to the corner of the hallway and that is where we started.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:20 pm

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about that. I had assumed the movement up to where I drew and shot were out of combat and not part of the Move action (the gun drawings were free actions).
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:19 pm

Mental note - new combat rule - never stand adjacent or in the same square as an ally unless you absolutely have to

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:32 pm

Furiel wrote:Mental note - new combat rule - never stand adjacent or in the same square as an ally unless you absolutely have to
If Soldier 3 had died I would have been lobbing grenades so yeah good mental note.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:50 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Furiel wrote:Mental note - new combat rule - never stand adjacent or in the same square as an ally unless you absolutely have to
If Soldier 3 had died I would have been lobbing grenades so yeah good mental note.
Ohhhhh, they have grenades?!?! Yeah, I'm restocking then as we go and I will fight So Leet for them if necessary... :twisted:

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:53 pm

Please refer to the Threats of the Galaxy rule book pg 92. They are those. You can loot anything you find there up except the datapads.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Tue May 10, 2011 7:47 pm

Blackie, I picked up an Armored Flight suit correct? Would it be correct to assume this is not something I would be wearing normally?

The only image I found in reference to it was: Image

if it is something I would not be able to wear a jacket over or in some other way use my concealed holsters, I was wondering if you could change it to Battle Armor, Light http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Light_battle_armor Image

It has the same stats but does not include the 10 hours of life support. I was hoping I could wear my shoulder holsters under the jacket in the image or wear a jacket over them.

I'm just curious because the other flight suit (padded) specifies it comes with a helmet but the armored one does not (I guess it's implied?) and I don't see Syric walking around with the helmet and life support setup, but the other armor does look like something he could wear in most situations.

Though, if it is not reasonable for him to be wearing either armor in day to day situations, I would like to know that and I would just stick with what I have.
Spoiler:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue May 10, 2011 8:14 pm

yeah you can swap it.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Tue May 10, 2011 8:19 pm

Also, it would probably be a good idea to discuss the distribution of funds from our last job.

We have 100K going to Aderbrent, with Syric, Klak, Cuspar, So Leet being the members who participated. (as mentioned Bulwark, Tony and Jax were not included in this payout).

Since there seems to be a wish to payback Aurelius we deal with that first. Dood, you are holding his credits still, correct?

Aurellius' current total (2810) + 7190 = 10K <we set aside all his cash to pay him back later but keep it as an emergency fund>

The last payout is here viewtopic.php?f=26&t=260&start=80050% went to the company, 25% to wages and 25% to dividends. I think we should take the 7810 off the top to leave us with 92190.

Option 1, continue with the previous payout and decide if Dood should get any

Option 2, look into paying back our investment before splitting up the money. I was going to suggest subtracting out previously paid dividends, but I don't think it will add up to much to matter. The cost of paying back everyone's initial investment is 11370, which would leave 80820 left to be divided.

Thoughts?
Spoiler:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Tue May 10, 2011 8:20 pm

Blackferne wrote:yeah you can swap it.
Cool, do you think it is something Syric would be wearing all the time? I'm just trying to keep my fantasy character realistic...wait..yeah..
Spoiler:

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Tue May 10, 2011 8:37 pm

Whiteness wrote:Option 2, look into paying back our investment before splitting up the money. I was going to suggest subtracting out previously paid dividends, but I don't think it will add up to much to matter. The cost of paying back everyone's initial investment is 11370, which would leave 80820 left to be divided.

Thoughts?
I'd say putting aside the Arillius portion is a good idea.

As for the rest, how does ownership of Aderbrent shake down, with Eli having left? Are you suggesting the investments be paid out and the balance be split evenly?

And FWIW, Cuspar would be ok with Dood getting an equal share on the Tsont'Ar job based on compassionate reasons.
Cuspar

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue May 10, 2011 8:44 pm

Cuspar wrote:
Whiteness wrote:Option 2, look into paying back our investment before splitting up the money. I was going to suggest subtracting out previously paid dividends, but I don't think it will add up to much to matter. The cost of paying back everyone's initial investment is 11370, which would leave 80820 left to be divided.

Thoughts?

As for the rest, how does ownership of Aderbrent shake down, with Eli having left? Are you suggesting the investments be paid out and the balance be split evenly?

And FWIW, Cuspar would be ok with Dood getting an equal share on the Tsont'Ar job based on compassionate reasons.
Eli collected his ownership stake prior to his departure so his stake was set back to 0. A brother needs some cash to make his way from place to place ya know.

The Plush Family:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Tue May 10, 2011 8:45 pm

Cuspar wrote:

Thoughts?

I think Arrican wanted to get his investment paid out so he could go his own way or something like that, but here is the breakdown from the spreadsheet minus Eli.

Arillius 10000 46.79%
So Leet 8964 41.95%
Eli 0 0.00%
Cuspar 1036 4.85%
Syric 1000 4.68%
Dood 370 1.73%

We could pay everyone back and split everything evenly (after setting aside a portion for company money) which may be the best option. Or at least pay everyone back so we can start on equal footing. I'm not worried about Dood, if he comes back to Aderbrent I'm sure the Alvians will help him with funding.
Spoiler:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Tue May 10, 2011 8:53 pm

With everyone paid pack, the ship becomes company property with no one having a larger stake in it.

Again, after paying back Arillius, we'd have his 10K sitting as emergency funds, then paying back everyone's investment would leave us at dividing 80820.

Is everyone Ok with that so far?

Since Dood did not do anything I would only split up the rest between the four of us (though we could discuss if and how we want to give him a cut).

If we set aside 20820 for company purposes that would leave us with 60K or 15K each. This is just a starting point for discussion, I'm open to anything.
Spoiler:

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Tue May 10, 2011 8:55 pm

That sounds fine to me. There's no need for Aderbrent to be a money making operation for some and not others - we're in it to find Porkville Blackchop.
Cuspar

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Tue May 10, 2011 9:10 pm

Cuspar wrote:That sounds fine to me. There's no need for Aderbrent to be a money making operation for some and not others - we're in it to find Porkville Blackchop.
True but nothing says it can't be a money making venture if we wanted it to be.

And, if no one offers Dood a cut of the funding, Klak will be offering him 1/3 of his to thank him for all he has done.
This... I Command!

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Tue May 10, 2011 9:17 pm

Reese wrote: And, if no one offers Dood a cut of the funding, Klak will be offering him 1/3 of his to thank him for all he has done.
This is why I'm not worried about Dood but also feel it would be 'wrong' to give him a cut. Syric would be open to discuss this if anyone felt he should get some cut.

As to a money making venture, what are we really going to do with 15K each? I might go back and suggest a bigger cut for the company once other people weigh in, because the major costs in my mind are ship related. We are still making payments on it and we will probably want to upgrade at some point.
Spoiler:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue May 10, 2011 9:32 pm

Whiteness wrote:
Reese wrote: And, if no one offers Dood a cut of the funding, Klak will be offering him 1/3 of his to thank him for all he has done.
This is why I'm not worried about Dood but also feel it would be 'wrong' to give him a cut. Syric would be open to discuss this if anyone felt he should get some cut.

As to a money making venture, what are we really going to do with 15K each? I might go back and suggest a bigger cut for the company once other people weigh in, because the major costs in my mind are ship related. We are still making payments on it and we will probably want to upgrade at some point.
It ain't my money obviously, but I'd say alot of that money after percentages are paid out should go to upgrading the ship NOW. Upgrading shields and weaponry being some of the top priorities.

The Plush Family:

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Tue May 10, 2011 9:32 pm

Furiel wrote:
Whiteness wrote:

It ain't my money obviously, but I'd say alot of that money after percentages are paid out should go to upgrading the ship NOW. Upgrading shields and weaponry being some of the top priorities.
Yes. Pay off the ship. Upgrade the ship. Hand out small amount left for use to get a drink.
This... I Command!