The Taris Event Chapter 3 OOC Thread

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Furiel
Cardinal
Re: The Taris Event Chapter 3 OOC Thread

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:11 pm

Shouldn't ^this be in the IC thread?
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:13 pm

I don't know what you are talking about. :shifty:
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:43 pm

Whiteness wrote: I'll make sure you get what you deserve before you leave the ship…
That doesn't sound ominous...
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:57 pm

So Mr. GM, are Tony P and Hayseed going to get to the Sweet D before everyone has left or are we going to miss them?

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:03 pm

Furiel wrote:So Mr. GM, are Tony P and Hayseed going to get to the Sweet D before everyone has left or are we going to miss them?
It sounds like you are going to miss them.
Jounville Blackferne

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:27 pm

Tony Plush.....nickname hypocrite.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:48 pm

Furiel wrote:
Whiteness wrote: I'll make sure you get what you deserve before you leave the ship…
That doesn't sound ominous...
I was going to check figures and suggest deducting what Eli was paid from the 3500. That being what Syric had in mind for what Eli deserved...and of course imply I was going to shoot you :twisted:
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:09 pm

Ok, so how do I get a character that hates droids and wouldnt mind seeing Fandango taken apart piece by piece answer Mr Ts question without turning over Fandango?

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:16 pm

Bulwark wrote:Ok, so how do I get a character that hates droids and wouldnt mind seeing Fandango taken apart piece by piece answer Mr Ts question without turning over Fandango?
Well, if you disliked the droid enough where you almost didn't let it help us get off Bryx and enough to shoot Ro', then I can see you hating him enough to turn him over to Mr. T. in order to 'save' us from the droid. Or you could just be vague about it, say there was a masterless droid that helped us out on Bryx who wanted Ro to buy him weapons and claim you don't remember the name ala Tony.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:24 pm

Bulwark wrote:Ok, so how do I get a character that hates droids and wouldnt mind seeing Fandango taken apart piece by piece answer Mr Ts question without turning over Fandango?
I think your character would happily turn over Fandango unless he thought Mr.T would use the droid instead of destroying it.
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Arrican
Deacon

The Taris Event Chapter 3 OOC Thread

Post by Arrican » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Gandolfini wrote:
I think your character would happily turn over Fandango unless he thought Mr.T would use the droid instead of destroying it.
Eeeeeexactly.... You'd do it and do it happily.

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:35 pm

I'm beginning to think this is Star Wars: Enter the Marriage Counselor
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:54 pm

Gandolfini wrote:I'm beginning to think this is Star Wars: Enter the Marriage Counselor
I really hope that tomorrow night's slaughterfest will end some of the tendency towards infighting.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:04 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Gandolfini wrote:I'm beginning to think this is Star Wars: Enter the Marriage Counselor
I really hope that tomorrow night's slaughterfest will end some of the tendency towards infighting.
We need to get things hopping if we're going to be there by then though.

Are you going to get the server up early and get everything setup early? I would suggest it if possible otherwise we'll end up like we did last time, spending an hour getting organized then we only have an hour to actually play. Even then I'll be honestly surprised if we get even close to getting through the whole complex in 1 night.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:14 pm

Furiel wrote:
Blackferne wrote:
We need to get things hopping if we're going to be there by then though.

Are you going to get the server up early and get everything setup early? I would suggest it if possible otherwise we'll end up like we did last time, spending an hour getting organized then we only have an hour to actually play. Even then I'll be honestly surprised if we get even close to getting through the whole complex in 1 night.
I plan on loading up the server as soon as I get home and have a cheatsheet going with pictures etc etc for the enemies. Mostly I'm just reusing avatars from here.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Gandolfini wrote:@Nolan
I assume from Ex-Lieutenant Plush's comment that he will be with the team and Migs' presence here indicates the he will be as well. Is this correct?
"That is correct. Aderbrent Services, two of my men here, and hopefully you, can recover Ko from the lab. I am curious though if the sith assassin droid will be joining." He says looking towards Cuspar and Syric.
:popcorn:

The Plush Family:

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:33 pm

dear GM master. Please just assume by the point we start tonight we are at the beginning of the place, we have all our equipment, the droid is hiding in town and Klak is drunk enough to always be a good shot.
This... I Command!

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Reese wrote:dear GM master. Please just assume by the point we start tonight we are at the beginning of the place, we have all our equipment, the droid is hiding in town and Klak is drunk enough to always be a good shot.
your accuracy is a bell curve right where sober and 20 shots of whiskey are both horrible and you aim to keep up a nice 8-12 whiskey buzz on for optimal performance right?
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Reese wrote:dear GM master. Please just assume by the point we start tonight we are at the beginning of the place, we have all our equipment, the droid is hiding in town and Klak is drunk enough to always be a good shot.
Well part of the offer is that you're flying Nolan Tsont'Ar Starlines there and back, so getting there and back shouldn't be a problem, nor should the couple pieces of gear that we need as well, so I think it's just a matter at this point of settling operational command.

The Plush Family:

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:50 pm

Blackferne wrote:
your accuracy is a bell curve right where sober and 20 shots of whiskey are both horrible and you aim to keep up a nice 8-12 whiskey buzz on for optimal performance right?

yep like we discussed. if im not drunk I fall back to Reese Natural which is not good for anyone.
This... I Command!

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:01 pm

Question...

My old blaster is 3d8. My new blaster is 4d6.
Old blaster has average damage of 13.5, and min of 3. New one has average damage of 14, and min of 4. It's a no-brainer, right?
Cuspar

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:04 pm

Cuspar wrote:Question...

My old blaster is 3d8. My new blaster is 4d6.
Old blaster has average damage of 13.5, and min of 3. New one has average damage of 14, and min of 4. It's a no-brainer, right?
Seems to be on average slightly higher damage with a higher minimum damage so even though you have the same max damage you will trend slightly higher.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:04 pm

Correct, you go with the higher minimum and higher average. It's unfortunate your max doesn't go up, but it is what it is.

Also of interest is the fact that because it's a standard blaster pistol it's technically a small weapon as opposed to the hvy blaster pistol being a medium weapon. How that's interesting is that small weapons can be used in concealable holsters and mediums cannot. :shifty:

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Furiel wrote:Correct, you go with the higher minimum and higher average. It's unfortunate your max doesn't go up, but it is what it is.

Also of interest is the fact that because it's a standard blaster pistol it's technically a small weapon as opposed to the hvy blaster pistol being a medium weapon. How that's interesting is that small weapons can be used in concealable holsters and mediums cannot. :shifty:
:yeahthat:
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:26 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Furiel wrote:Correct, you go with the higher minimum and higher average. It's unfortunate your max doesn't go up, but it is what it is.

:yeahthat:
oooh I didn't think about that...shazbot
Spoiler: