The Taris Event Chapter 3 OOC Thread

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Whiteness
Priest
Re: The Taris Event Chapter 3 OOC Thread

Post by Whiteness » Wed May 11, 2011 6:36 pm

Arrican wrote: I also served with porky (part of my back story or at least it was supposed to be), so I'm curious why the other ex-military person gets the short end of the stick? :-P
I honestly didn't know that. All I knew was from the first thread “This is So Leet. He is a whiz with computers and I think hacked something 10 years ago that got him in trouble with the Exchange.”
Arrican wrote: But hey, if me having an opinion or playing how I think my character would act is a bad thing I can just go back to sitting here and doing random rolls and not really being involved in the situation, or I can continue to play the way I am. All I got was criticized or given a hard time since I wasn't as involved, all the little, oh, he's quiet comments. Now I get an opinion in game and it's worse than before. :-P

So speaking of trying and not winning...
The "he's quiet comments" happened because the game would move on and you wouldn't be posting (real life of course is more important than the game, I'm not trying to bitch or anything). I felt bad when that would happen and made those comments to acknowledge the fact that So Leet was still there and that I hadn't forgotten about you when you weren't able to post.

I'm just trying to figure out how Syric would respond to So's want to get his own ship.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Wed May 11, 2011 7:09 pm

Arrican wrote:Now I get an opinion in game and it's worse than before. :-P

It could be worse, You could make your character a droid-biggot. The next thing you know, half the team will be trying to kill hm off :)

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed May 11, 2011 7:19 pm

Bulwark wrote:
Arrican wrote:Now I get an opinion in game and it's worse than before. :-P

It could be worse, You could make your character a droid-biggot. The next thing you know, half the team will be trying to kill hm off :)
or a gungan...anything :shifty:
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Wed May 11, 2011 8:26 pm

Furiel wrote:hippocrit.

Just couldn't resist. :wink:
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Wed May 11, 2011 8:49 pm

Gandolfini wrote:
Furiel wrote:hippocrit.

Just couldn't resist. :wink:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =Hippocrit
This... I Command!

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu May 12, 2011 3:03 pm

Two questions:
1) do the remaining members of Aderbrent want to buy back both the med droid and the security droid from So Leet?

2)Arrican, did you want to sell us the medical supplies you purchased at the same time you got the droids or were those personal use?

Surgery kit
2 field kits
5 medpacs
3 fire extinguishers
medical kit

I don't know if Syric would care to buy back anything, but in the interest of finding a resolution I put some numbers together.

Cost of buying back everyone's shares - 11370
cost of buying back both So's droids (at cost) - 6100
cost of buying back So's medical supplies - 4250
100000-11370-6100-4250=70470
We could set aside 50470 which leaves 20000 for payout, split 4 ways gives Cuspar, Klak, Syric and So Leet 5K credits as payment

So Leet would then have 8964 from investment, 10350 from droids and med supplies and 5K from wages for a total of 24314 credits.

If we are doing that, Aderbrent is losing a chunk of change so I suggest going back on what I said and offering Dood a full share giving everyone 4K in wages and So Leet a total of 23314. This is rationalized by me the player not the character, since the pool of money to help out Dood that I anticipated has shrunk.
Spoiler:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu May 12, 2011 3:10 pm

Arrican wrote: I also served with porky (part of my back story or at least it was supposed to be), so I'm curious why the other ex-military person gets the short end of the stick? :-P

And I found where you mentioned this when I was pricing the goods you bought, I think I overlooked it because you were haggling with the shopkeep and I thought it was an act (which I see it was not now)
Spoiler:

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu May 12, 2011 3:25 pm

Also, we should pay out what we owe on the ship which IIRC is around 10k creds.
Cuspar

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu May 12, 2011 3:25 pm

And Cuspar is going to do everything in his power to keep So from leaving.
Cuspar

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Thu May 12, 2011 3:27 pm

Cuspar wrote:Also, we should pay out what we owe on the ship which IIRC is around 10k creds.
That isn't too bad a debt to carry. It has a low interest rate and a long term. It seems unlikely you will need to pay it off by the time the game is done.
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu May 12, 2011 3:35 pm

Cuspar wrote:Also, we should pay out what we owe on the ship which IIRC is around 10k creds.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu May 12, 2011 3:39 pm

Just use your fishy wiles to get Mr. T to 'take care' of the debt :shifty:
Spoiler:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu May 12, 2011 3:41 pm

Whiteness wrote:
Just use your fishy wiles to get Mr. T to 'take care' of the debt :shifty:
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu May 12, 2011 3:48 pm

I was looking at starships and I really wanted the Koensayr ILH-KK citadel-class cruiser http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ILH-KK_C ... an_cruiser it has laser cannons, ion cannons, medium concussion missiles a tractor beam and we could dock two ships on it for the low price of 120K used!

Then I remembered what era we're in :woe:
Spoiler:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu May 12, 2011 4:09 pm

Whiteness wrote:I was looking at starships and I really wanted the Koensayr ILH-KK citadel-class cruiser http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ILH-KK_C ... an_cruiser it has laser cannons, ion cannons, medium concussion missiles a tractor beam and we could dock two ships on it for the low price of 120K used!

That ship and it's availability has already been discussed with the GM in referenece to this campaign... :shifty:
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu May 12, 2011 4:15 pm

Furiel wrote:
Whiteness wrote:I was looking at starships and I really wanted the Koensayr ILH-KK citadel-class cruiser http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ILH-KK_C ... an_cruiser it has laser cannons, ion cannons, medium concussion missiles a tractor beam and we could dock two ships on it for the low price of 120K used!

That ship and it's availability has already been discussed with the GM in referenece to this campaign... :shifty:
Spoiler:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu May 12, 2011 4:27 pm

Yeah I'm pretty lenient on timeline stuff.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu May 12, 2011 4:47 pm

Arrican - do you know what ship you're looking to get? Like a single seat fighter or another cargo ship?
Spoiler:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu May 12, 2011 5:05 pm

Whiteness wrote:Arrican - do you know what ship you're looking to get? Like a single seat fighter or another cargo ship?
He was thinking really small, but not a 1 seater. Like imagine a tiny yacht that had a crew of 2 and had no real cargo hold, but 2 small living quarters.
Jounville Blackferne

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Thu May 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Whiteness wrote:Arrican - do you know what ship you're looking to get? Like a single seat fighter or another cargo ship?
He was thinking really small, but not a 1 seater. Like imagine a tiny yacht that had a crew of 2 and had no real cargo hold, but 2 small living quarters.
Yeah what he said. Blackie was going to draw one up for me. So if you could get your bigger ship I could dock my in your dirty dirty hangar and then you could.... Sorry wrong forum. Something small light weapons and shields. Enough for 2 maybe 3 life forms.

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu May 12, 2011 5:54 pm

New ships are cool but I don't see a reason or need for it. I'm guessing we're going to have to have a sit-down with Mr. T where he could provide some reasoning behind why we need to get a better ship, and maybe that would be a good point for So Leet to inform us of his plans to get his own ship? If that was true, that would be the right time to split up the credits.

it just seems like there was a feeling we weren't focusing on getting porkchop but now we're going to spend time getting new ships.
Spoiler:

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Thu May 12, 2011 6:20 pm

Too much side crap. Too many delays. I want my smothered pork chop and I want him now!!!

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu May 12, 2011 7:02 pm

Arrican wrote:Too much side crap. Too many delays. I want my smothered pork chop and I want him now!!!
Dammit Arrican, now I'm just too hungry to comment.
Spoiler:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Fri May 13, 2011 4:19 pm

What day is it now in game and what day did we first get to Tatooine?
Spoiler:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri May 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Bought Sweet D on 1/4
Currently it is 2/10
First payment due 3/5 Payment size 2500 and there are 6 monthly payments. You also don't need to go to Tat to pay, you can go to a banking clan location and do a payment via net. (Think like wiring people money)
Jounville Blackferne