The Taris Event Chapter 3

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Cuspar
Cardinal
Re: The Taris Event Chapter 3

Post by Cuspar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:10 pm

@ Tsont'Ar

Yes, I anticipate he will be joining us. But I don't believe it to be fair to call him a Sith Assassin droid anymore fair than it is to call me a Mon Calamari Naval Cadet. Yes, it is a droid. Yes, it was allegedly initally programmed by the Sith. However, somewhere along the way, it crossed paths with Jounville Blackferne and SOMEHOW, it's programming was overridden. The droid's mission is only to destroy Sith droids now. The enemy of my enemy is my friend - at worst. At best, this droid is a further link to Blackferne and a valuable addition to our team. Mr. Migs does not share a common faith with several of us - and we have taken it on that faith that the droid can be trusted.
Cuspar

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:17 pm

"Well this could be problematic. Mr Migs is quite clear that he perceives this droid to be a threat. And if I recall Mr. Plush you were skeptical that its programming would rebel like that. So the way I see it there are two viable options. One the droid does not go on the mission. You have enough to worry about than an unknown droid. Two the droid may go if it agrees to wear a restraining bolt controlled by Mr. Plush or Mr. Migs. I don't much care which, but I would like to see this droid if at all possible." Tsont'Ar sips on his wine.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:22 pm

I assure you, the droid will not allow itself to be fitted with a restraining bolt - and in particular, not one controlled by Migs or a man he has never met. If nothing else, I am impressed by its' autonomy. I can not speak for the others, but I would be willing to ask the droid if it would be willing to meet you.
Cuspar

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:22 pm

Upon entering the restaurant, Syric sees Bulwark and gives him a friendly nod and then takes a long look at two others with him.

Not knowing when he would have a meal like this again, after he hears Nolan's offer Syric orders a high quality steak with all the trimmings, a local ale and a double whiskey.

He chimes in after Cuspar and Klak in regards to security, "I agree, Klak will more than fill the void left as the new head of Security."

After Plush responds to Klak, Good to have you on board, any friend of Blackie and this Zabrak are friends of mine
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:25 pm

Blackferne wrote:"Well this could be problematic. Mr Migs is quite clear that he perceives this droid to be a threat. And if I recall Mr. Plush you were skeptical that its programming would rebel like that. So the way I see it there are two viable options. One the droid does not go on the mission. You have enough to worry about than an unknown droid. Two the droid may go if it agrees to wear a restraining bolt controlled by Mr. Plush or Mr. Migs. I don't much care which, but I would like to see this droid if at all possible." Tsont'Ar sips on his wine.
"I'll counter your offer... we'll convince the droid to wear the restraining bolt if you affix either mr. plush or mr. migs with a thermal detonator belt that I hold the disarm code to. Deal? Mr. Migs apparently can't be trusted when the chips are down to rely on his compatriots to assist him since he distanced himself from us and our plans the moment he saw an opportunity that none of us had agreed to (shooting someone who was supposed to be helping us), and as esteemed as your mr. plush may be in the way of military protocol and shining boots, or whatever it is he does, I know droids better than I know most sentient life forms. The droid is no threat. And since we're still not entirely sure of your alliances other than you don't like the sith, that doesn't bode well for any sentient technology or advanced tech you may be able to get your hands on."

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:30 pm

"Mr. Leet that seems a bit extreme doesn't it? And hardly an equitable solution. There will be resistance to the taking of the lab, and it is reasonable to expect some people firing weapons at Mr. Migs and Mr. Plush. Having them with a detonator armed like that is a safety risk. One that is not the same as a simple restraining bolt on a droid. Perhaps the best solution is for the droid to stay out of the mission and we can revisit the issue afterwards. That said I would be keen to meet it." Tsont'Ar says.
Jounville Blackferne

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:33 pm

"I don't mind wearing a thermal detonator, as long as I can stand real close to you, lover boy." Bulwark says with a wink to So Leet in his best (Star Warsy equivalent of Boy George) voice.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:37 pm

If we live, we can talk to the droid and see if he can be convinced to meet you.

What do we need equipment-wise for this mission, and what can you provide for us in terms of ordnance?
Cuspar

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:37 pm

Blackferne wrote:"Mr. Leet that seems a bit extreme doesn't it? And hardly an equitable solution. There will be resistance to the taking of the lab, and it is reasonable to expect some people firing weapons at Mr. Migs and Mr. Plush. Having them with a detonator armed like that is a safety risk. One that is not the same as a simple restraining bolt on a droid. Perhaps the best solution is for the droid to stay out of the mission and we can revisit the issue afterwards. That said I would be keen to meet it." Tsont'Ar says.
"Maybe those are both things we can revisit once we are back from the lovely endeavor. I of course don't speak for the droid being sentient as he is, but given the circumstances I'd prefer not to subject him to the misguided anger that Mr. Migs directs to him. And if your men are as good as you are touting, we shouldn't need the extra firepower. And considering the last showing Mr. Migs had in a combat situation I do hope you have some extreme boot camp you sent him too. Speaking of the timing of this. How soon can we be on our way? I'd like to be back on the most direct route to find my friend as soon as possible."

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Bulwark wrote:"I don't mind wearing a thermal detonator, as long as I can stand real close to you, lover boy." Bulwark says with a wink to So Leet in his best (Star Warsy equivalent of Boy George) voice.
Looking at Mr. Migs. "I take it you are electing not to joining the pension program." Tsont'Ar rolls his eyes before addressing the room. "So are we in agreement on the mission and the fee?"
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:41 pm

Blackferne wrote:"Mr. Leet that seems a bit extreme doesn't it? And hardly an equitable solution. There will be resistance to the taking of the lab, and it is reasonable to expect some people firing weapons at Mr. Migs and Mr. Plush. Having them with a detonator armed like that is a safety risk. One that is not the same as a simple restraining bolt on a droid. Perhaps the best solution is for the droid to stay out of the mission and we can revisit the issue afterwards. That said I would be keen to meet it." Tsont'Ar says.
"Agreed. Besides, the droid isn't part of Aderbrent Services, he has his own path which we happened to cross. I will pass your request along to him. That means we need to formerly agree to taking on this job, I am for it. So Leet, I think you need to understand this game got a lot bigger than any of us anticipated. If you want to walk, I understand, but I we need to know what we're up against, and if we can't do this job there's no way we're getting Jounville back on our own. When we go up against Sargo, there's going to be no room for mistakes."
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:42 pm

Migs is not the only one that perceives a threat in the team composition. However we must all make due for the sake of the mission. Rather than reduce our capbilities or compromise a member of the team, perhaps if one of the team is willing to vouch for the droid's behavior with their life, it would make for a compromise.
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:43 pm

I'm obviously in.
Cuspar

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:50 pm

"An interesting idea Jedi, but if the droid turns on you the vouchers life won't be the only one forfeit. But even if that is not the case, would you really allow a man to die for an error in judgment? Would you serve as that executioner?" Tsont'Ar says his face lighting up with the spirit of debate.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:53 pm

"Let's keep this simple. The Droid is out. I am in. Cuspar is in. Bulwark and Tony are in. Klak? So Leet? Jax?
Spoiler:

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:00 pm

Blackferne wrote:"An interesting idea Jedi, but if the droid turns on you the vouchers life won't be the only one forfeit. But even if that is not the case, would you really allow a man to die for an error in judgment? Would you serve as that executioner?" Tsont'Ar says his face lighting up with the spirit of debate.
"Men die for errors in judgement all the time. As long as the man makes the judgement willingly, they should receive their reward or punishment for that decision." Jax looks at Migs. "Some more than others."

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:01 pm

"I'm in, if for nothing else to be able to give an accurate accounting of what happens on this endeavor.

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:02 pm

Whiteness wrote:"Let's keep this simple. The Droid is out. I am in. Cuspar is in. Bulwark and Tony are in. Klak? So Leet? Jax?
That depends on who is in command of the operation.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:07 pm

Gandolfini wrote:
Whiteness wrote:"Let's keep this simple. The Droid is out. I am in. Cuspar is in. Bulwark and Tony are in. Klak? So Leet? Jax?
Nolan looks at you for a second then speaks. "Perhaps you would like to be in charge? The only things I want are Ko back home, and that lab destroyed. As to how you accomplish that goal I'm not terribly concerned."
Jounville Blackferne

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:31 pm

Klak looks up from his meal, sips his whiskey and says "Oh, I am most certainly in."
This... I Command!

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:31 pm

[quote="Arrican]
" And considering the last showing Mr. Migs had in a combat situation I do hope you have some extreme boot camp you sent him too."[/quote]
Bulwark takes offence at So Leet's comment, "If you will recall, I did more damage to those droids than anyone else, including your beloved Sith droid."

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Bulwark wrote:[quote="Arrican]
" And considering the last showing Mr. Migs had in a combat situation I do hope you have some extreme boot camp you sent him too."
Bulwark takes offence at So Leet's comment, "If you will recall, I did more damage to those droids than anyone else, including your beloved Sith droid."[/quote][/quote]

[GM truth-ometer Fandango killed the most of course he crit on an ion grenade]
Jounville Blackferne

Arrican
Deacon

The Taris Event Chapter 3

Post by Arrican » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:53 pm

Blackferne wrote:
" And considering the last showing Mr. Migs had in a combat situation I do hope you have some extreme boot camp you sent him too."
Bulwark takes offence at So Leet's comment, "If you will recall, I did more damage to those droids than anyone else, including your beloved Sith droid."
[/quote]

[GM truth-ometer Fandango killed the most of course he crit on an ion grenade][/quote][/quote][/quote]
*cough*

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:55 pm

Arrican wrote:
Blackferne wrote:
[GM truth-ometer Fandango killed the most of course he crit on an ion grenade][/quote][/quote][/quote]
*cough*[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

(Ooc: I said damage, not kills. Bulwarks damage output was much higher.)

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Gandolfini wrote:
Nolan looks at you for a second then speaks. "Perhaps you would like to be in charge? The only things I want are Ko back home, and that lab destroyed. As to how you accomplish that goal I'm not terribly concerned."
@ Jax
Just remember though Jax - your overriding guide is the Jedi code. Ours is not, and you can't expect us to follow it.
Cuspar