The Taris Event Chapter 3

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Furiel
Cardinal
Re: The Taris Event Chapter 3

Post by Furiel » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:23 pm

Once we arrive and are in our dining room and the staff is out I'm going to sweep the room for bugs...

Perception: 1d20+8 = 12+8=20
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:24 pm

Furiel wrote:Once we arrive and are in our dining room and the staff is out I'm going to sweep the room for bugs...

Perception: 1d20+8 = 12+8=20
I'll assist:

Perception: 1d20+14 = 4+14=18
Rerolling:
Perception: 1d20+14 = 7+14=21

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:38 pm

@ Klak, So, Syric

I think we're all a little unclear on why Eli left - and hopefully he'll be back. But look at us right here - 3 Alvians, and a computer genius! So, we need to get you acquainted with the ways of Alvis - and hopefully, this mission Tsont'Ar has for us will help make that easy for us. And Klak - I didn't mean that you're not adequate muscle, I just meant that it was nice to have an excess.

Now. Let's get to Sergio's and see what Tsont'Ar has planned for us.
Cuspar

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:53 pm

@ The Hardy Boys

No bugs found.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:00 pm

@ So Leet, Klak Reen, Cuspar Inirv'E, Syric Frost, Tony "Plushy" Plush, Bulwark "Hayseed" Migs

Nolan greets all of you and the waiter hands out menus. The restaurant is pretty nice. The menu has plenty of expensive dishes and wines listed.

"Feel free to order anything you want on or off the menu, cost is not a concern."
Nolan says sitting down at the head of the large rectangular table. He motions to the waiter. "Grilled kadu over greens with a white wine. Naboo vineyards preferred." He looks around. "Well it appears that you lost your head of security, Eli was it? And Mr. Amm'nel is no doubt indisposed with family affairs. Also I expected there to be a Jedi with you. Staff problems Mr. Inirv'E?"
Jounville Blackferne

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:13 pm

Well, yes, Mr. Tsont'Ar. I'd say staff problems abound. Eli felt that he could better accomplish his goals on his own, and had some... ahem... personality conflicts that he didn't see as likely to be resolved. As for our lack of a Jedi - I'll be honest with you. We were unsure as to how well the mission we are going to take on for you will comply with the Jedi code. I'm to meet with Jedi Ryfon as soon as we're done here, so I would be thrilled to have him join us. We needed to ascertain aspects of the mission before involving him. Let's just say that Aderbrent Services is clearly willing to cross lines that a Jedi may not be.

But as for Aderbrent, in spite of the absence of Eli and Mr. Amm'Nell, I assure you that we are still eager to take on your mission.
Cuspar

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:16 pm

Bulwark glances around at the others to see their disposition toward him and see if any of them are dissapointed that he isn't dead at the hands of the Mos Eisley PD.
Perception: 1d20+14 = 11+14=25

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:33 pm

Bulwark wrote:Bulwark glances around at the others to see their disposition toward him and see if any of them are dissapointed that he isn't dead at the hands of the Mos Eisley PD.
Perception: 1d20+14 = 11+14=25
I can't answer that. You'll have to get the answers from them.

Once the waiter leaves the room Nolan starts.
"I doubt that the Jedi would have a problem with this mission. The target is a Sith research lab. The mission is part rescue part destruction of Sith resources. There is an asset that I use time to time named Ko. He is currently being held by Sith researchers because of his unusual biological makeup. He was captured during a recon mission a month ago and we only recently found out where he is.The lab is on a Korriz in a sparsely populated part of the planet. Your task is to go in, get Ko, and destroy the lab. They do various things with weapon prototypes so if you see something you like you can keep it. Upon completion Aderbrent gets 50k. I ask that my associates Mr. Tony Plush and his partner Mr. Migs accompany the mission. We will fly you to the site and return you here once you are done."
Jounville Blackferne

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:09 pm

May I invite the Jedi here, as I'm sure he'll have questions about the mission?
Cuspar

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:13 pm

Cuspar wrote:May I invite the Jedi here, as I'm sure he'll have questions about the mission?
"By all means." Nolan says with a smile.
Jounville Blackferne

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:20 pm

@ Jax
Jax - if you can, please join us at Sergio's. We are meeting with Nolan Tsont'Ar regarding a job off-planet, and want to know if you're interested in joining us.

Cuspar orders the same thing as Tsont'Ar.

@ Bulwark

Welcome back Bulwark - it's good to see you again. And, Mr. ... Plush, I gathered - a pleasure to meet any associate of Mr. Tsont'Ar.

Cuspar reaches out to shake Plush's hand.
Cuspar

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:26 pm

so migs works for you now huh? Well I hope your other associate has the ability to change planning on the fly. Migs never was one to stick with a plan. Guess the allure of working for a bigger paycheck is more important than finding a friend.

now as for this mission... In my opinion and of course you all take my opinion so highly... It's just another step away from our goal of finding our friend. But hey who knows what they're doing to him and hey maybe we could have found him earlier this week but instead we've been traipsing all over the galaxy on random "missions".
To the waiter:
I'll have a water

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:39 pm

"Mr. Leet I understand your desire to find Mr. Blackferne, but there are plenty of steps in the way towards that. Let's go through them shall we? First we suspect, not know, he is being held by Sargo. Let's take that as a fact as we lack a viable alternate theory at this point. Sargo is a known paranoid madman. If he has your friend, you will no doubt have to go into some kind of guarded place to retrieve him. This will require you to engage in paramilitary style actions which to the best of my knowledge this group has not practiced together. This 'random' mission is a perfect opportunity to not only practice as a group, but acquire prototype technology from a sith weapons lab. Beyond that it would prove to ingratiate yourself to me, and I might be convinced to dedicate more resources towards your group towards your ends. You scratch my back and get my agent, I scratch your and help you get your friend." Nolan says.

edit: "And please have a proper meal."
Jounville Blackferne

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:41 pm

@Cuspar
I should be there momentarily.
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Blackferne wrote:"Mr. Leet I understand your desire to find Mr. Blackferne, but there are plenty of steps in the way towards that. Let's go through them shall we? First we suspect, not know, he is being held by Sargo. Let's take that as a fact as we lack a viable alternate theory at this point. Sargo is a known paranoid madman. If he has your friend, you will no doubt have to go into some kind of guarded place to retrieve him. This will require you to engage in paramilitary style actions which to the best of my knowledge this group has not practiced together. This 'random' mission is a perfect opportunity to not only practice as a group, but acquire prototype technology from a sith weapons lab. Beyond that it would prove to ingratiate yourself to me, and I might be convinced to dedicate more resources towards your group towards your ends. You scratch my back and get my agent, I scratch your and help you get your friend." Nolan says.

edit: "And please have a proper meal."
Mr. Tson'tsar, first the one thing we are pretty sure of, actually I'd be willing to bet my cognitive reasoning ability on it. He's not in the bunker we are assaulting. Secondly, you're right we don't have much "formal" training, but the combined skills we possess have gotten us this far. So I personally have faith in us. Lastly, I have no idea who you are what you "represent" and whether I really know that I want to be ingratiated to a man who has such resources but no real ties to any organization I know of.
To the waiter:
2 of whatever the most expensive thing on the menu is.

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Gandolfini wrote:@Cuspar
I should be there momentarily.
Jax and Slick exit the mall and hail a taxi with the destination of "Sergio's".

[OOC: Let me know when I get there.]

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:14 pm

Nolan notices and waves in the Jedi.

"Please have a seat Jedi we are discussing the particulars."
Turning back to So Leet "Mr. Leet you are right to be skeptical of me. Your instinct or reasoning on this matter is quite impressive, and I will make a confession, I am a villain." He pauses for dramatic effect. "But I am not your villain. Out there are two competing visions for the galaxy Mr. Leet. There is the republic which founded and operates on democratic ideals. It isn't perfect, often messy, and has some weaknesses. However the main competition is that of the Sith Empire. I can assure you that their values and desires are not ones anyone in this room would like. But the Sith Empire has one trait which should simultaneously be admired and feared. They are persistent."

"There is a tribe on an underdeveloped world I visited in the war of my youth. The tribe was barely to the point of of being able to grow food. They were tremendous scouts and fabulous hunters. Now they lived on a hostile world with many beasts that were stronger, faster, armed by nature with deadlier weapons. But these hunters had one thing that all other creatures they hunted didn't, persistence. On the day of the hunt they would strap on sandals and grab a few rocks in a sling, maybe a sharpened stick and walk up to a herd of beasts. The beasts were easily able to sprint away, but the hunters would spread out in a semicircle and start jogging until they separated one of the herd, and they would keep chasing that animal for 50km until the beast was so tired from running that these slower hunters could throw a sharp stick and few rocks and kill it easily. Their persistence was the chief evolutionary advantage over their prey."

"When we fight the Sith we have greater resources, more systems to our liking, often superior technology, but they have persistence. The republic needs people like me to defend the edges. To go in places the Jedi can't. You say I'm accountable to no organization, and while that might be true on a flow chart, in practice I am accountable to the entire republic. You, Mr. Inirv'E, Mr. Reen, Mr. Frost, and even Mr. Blackferne are all my bosses, and the freedom and liberty you enjoy is the proof of my works."

"So work for me or not, that is your choice. But Mr. Blackferne isn't going anywhere, and you will need me to help get to his door one day. The decisions you make about this job could weigh heavily on what you have at your back when you find him."

Turning back to Jax
"Lunch is on me, spare no expense, whatever you want off the menu."
Jounville Blackferne

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:31 pm

so being the lesser of two evils is like asking me to get into a physical confrontation with a gurk or a poisonous mynock. One may tear me limb from limb right there and the other may poison me and I may fester for weeks or months before I die. Awesome options. I dislike the sith as much as the next race on their slaving list but that doesn't mean I want to hitch up with their runner up to most evil in the galaxy. I'll do the mission because we are here. Not because I want to be indebted to you, your cause, or whatever twisted ideals you have. I do not work for you and I don't plan to be exchanging wookiee life day holos with you. This is a one shot deal for me in your service.

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Klak orders a whiskey and the rarest bothan style steak on the menu.

Hearing the talk about the lack of security since Eli is gone, Klak straightens up and says "Mr. Tsont'Ar, I assure you in the absence of Eli, I will be stepping into the role of security. As a former soldier, I have great experience in protecting the needs of our company. And with emphasis on the 'former' as the army would not be willing to do the things that you may need us to do. And since Sith will be involved, I am sure our Jedi friend will be happy to provide adequate leverage for additional security in the matter."

Though Klak is sitting upright, he is not focusing well on the conversation or the people. Noon and he is drunk, as any good Alvian should be.

Klak leans forward and focuses on a new face across the table. He is not sure if he is buzzed or just blurry eyed. But that may be exactly what he thinks.

"Sergeant Plush? Is that you? I would not have expected to see you here, in the company of a businessman."

Klak puts on his best behavior. Clearly at once startled and excited over seeing Tony Plush across the table.

"Sergeant, I would have never guessed you to leave the military. You were bound for top command. When Joun and I left, I expected you to be moving up rapidly."

Klak was getting a bit excited, and announced loudly "Now maybe some of these ruffians will begin to respect the soldiers in their presence. Sergeant Plush, a true military elite. We should consider ourselves lucky to have him on our team."
This... I Command!

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:00 pm

@Nolan
Thank you but I have eaten already. However, I would appreciate it if you could bring me up to date on the mission you are assigning this group.

@Bulwark
And I am very happy to see you Migs. Jax smiles.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:03 pm

Reese wrote:Klak orders a whiskey and the rarest bothan style steak on the menu.

Hearing the talk about the lack of security since Eli is gone, Klak straightens up and says "Mr. Tsont'Ar, I assure you in the absence of Eli, I will be stepping into the role of security. As a former soldier, I have great experience in protecting the needs of our company. And with emphasis on the 'former' as the army would not be willing to do the things that you may need us to do. And since Sith will be involved, I am sure our Jedi friend will be happy to provide adequate leverage for additional security in the matter."

Though Klak is sitting upright, he is not focusing well on the conversation or the people. Noon and he is drunk, as any good Alvian should be.

Klak leans forward and focuses on a new face across the table. He is not sure if he is buzzed or just blurry eyed. But that may be exactly what he thinks.

"Sergeant Plush? Is that you? I would not have expected to see you here, in the company of a businessman."

Klak puts on his best behavior. Clearly at once startled and excited over seeing Tony Plush across the table.

"Sergeant, I would have never guessed you to leave the military. You were bound for top command. When Joun and I left, I expected you to be moving up rapidly."

Klak was getting a bit excited, and announced loudly "Now maybe some of these ruffians will begin to respect the soldiers in their presence. Sergeant Plush, a true military elite. We should consider ourselves lucky to have him on our team."
"I could say the same for you Horny, it's been a few years hasn't it? And it was Lieutenant before I left the service a few years ago to join the Bosses organization." Tony says with a wink. "I guess you could say that I finally started to come to your way of thinking on a couple matters so I took my talents somewhere I could put them to use making a real difference in the galaxy.

Just to fill the rest of you in, Horny and I go back to basic. Same with Blackie, actually. All 3 of us were in the same basic group when we signed up. I ended up being assigned to different unit once basic completed however there's always that bond you make with the guys you go through basic with so we kinda kept tabs on each other's military careers. Obviously once Horny and Blackie left the service we lost touch but it's nice to know that you're doing well and more importantly that there is going to be at least 1 more solid shot on the team when we go pay the Sith a house call."
Tony flashes a very wicked grin at the end
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:12 pm

@ Jax

"Certainly." Nolan smiles. "The job has two parts. They both take place in a Sith weapons and science lab. My men will fly you to Korriz and dock with the lab. The team will enter the lab and rescue an asset of mine name Ko. The team will then destroy the lab. The place develops weapon technology so you are free to keep anything you find you like, all I ask is that Ko is returned to me, and the the lab ceases to be when you leave the planet."
Jounville Blackferne

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:36 pm

@Nolan
I assume from Ex-Lieutenant Plush's comment that he will be with the team and Migs' presence here indicates the he will be as well. Is this correct?

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:43 pm

Gandolfini wrote:@Nolan
I assume from Ex-Lieutenant Plush's comment that he will be with the team and Migs' presence here indicates the he will be as well. Is this correct?
"That is correct. Aderbrent Services, two of my men here, and hopefully you, can recover Ko from the lab. I am curious though if the sith assassin droid will be joining." He says looking towards Cuspar and Syric.
Jounville Blackferne

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:49 pm

"Looks like someone has been talking out of turn... maybe this place has an airlock for these two puppets..."