The Taris Event Chapter 3

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Gandolfini
Priest
Re: The Taris Event Chapter 3

Post by Gandolfini » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:12 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Gandolfini wrote:@Ground Crew
"Could you refuel my ship? And do you have a recommendation on where I can get something to eat?"
Jax and Slick follow whatever directions they are given. Along the way, Jax calls Cuspar

"Sure, what kind of food do you like?"
The ground crew asks.
"I was hoping to try some Bothan cuisine. Any place around here serve authentic Bothan food or do they all cater to visitors?"
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:17 pm

Gandolfini wrote:
Blackferne wrote:
"Could you refuel my ship? And do you have a recommendation on where I can get something to eat?"
Jax and Slick follow whatever directions they are given. Along the way, Jax calls Cuspar

The ground crew asks.
"I was hoping to try some Bothan cuisine. Any place around here serve authentic Bothan food or do they all cater to visitors?"

"There is a little out of the way place down in the works called Terrabites which is family run for like three generations. It is as close to what you get out in the country as you can find in my opinion."
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:33 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Gandolfini wrote:
Blackferne wrote:

The ground crew asks.

"There is a little out of the way place down in the works called Terrabites which is family run for like three generations. It is as close to what you get out in the country as you can find in my opinion."
Is it in walking distance or should I take a taxi?

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:36 pm

Gandolfini wrote: Is it in walking distance or should I take a taxi?

"Taxi for sure. The wind outside is brutally cold today. Just tell the cabby you want to go to the Works Shopping Center. when you get there it is on the 4th floor, and you can ask for a guide from a droid when you get there."
Jounville Blackferne

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Gandolfini wrote: Is it in walking distance or should I take a taxi?

"Taxi for sure. The wind outside is brutally cold today. Just tell the cabby you want to go to the Works Shopping Center. when you get there it is on the 4th floor, and you can ask for a guide from a droid when you get there."
"Thank you for your help."

Jax and Slick head out, hail a taxi and tell the driver "Work Shopping Center". Enroute, Jax makes his call to Cuspar with Terrabites as the name of the restaurant.

Arrican
Deacon

The Taris Event Chapter 3

Post by Arrican » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:44 pm

I just follow along with the rest of the group. I change into one of my nice suits to not look like a country bumpkin.

**Edit** with the standing order to the droids to protect the ship, and not allow anyone who wasn't on the ship when we landed to enter the ship unless they are with someone who did land, until we can all get back on the ship together and update security protocols.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:22 pm

As everyone else is finishing their preparations after we land, having announced his intentions and having few personal items Eli will put on one of his nice suits, grab his bag, double check his credits, and exit the Sweet D. When he is almost out of sight Eli stops and looks back at the D for a moment. Then with a sigh and a shake of his head Eli faces forward and exits the docking bay.

Here endeth the Book of Eli

maybe....
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:59 pm

Tony and Bulwark arrive at docking bay 43-J to find the ship locked up and no response to their knocking.

"Well, since no one is home for us to deliver our invitation personally looks like I'll have to send it out. Hayseed, can I have their comm IDs?"

Once I have everyone's comm ID from Bulwark I send the following message:

"Aderbrent Services, please join Nolan Tsont'Ar and associates for lunch this noon at Sergio's Bar and Grill. We have a private dining room reserved."

"Well, lets go grab some breakfast and you can tell me more about the rest of the team."

We'll go find some greasy spoon diner to eat at and for Bulwark to share with me his impressions of the rest of the group

Also I'm going to check in with Sergio's and make sure that our dining room is setup early, and I plan to be there around 11:30 so we can sweep it for bugs before our meeting.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:13 pm

@ Klak, Cuspar, So Leet, Syric and Fandango

You enter Mok's Veg & Chops and get assaulted.....by the smell of thick spices and sauces being applied to entree dishes in teh kitchen which is viewable from the whole restaurant. The breakfast rush is receding and the cooks are mainly making light meals with ample fruits and grains for patrons. The hostess droid takes you to a booth and takes your drink orders.
Jounville Blackferne

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:16 pm

Bulwark orders a BonthanPotPie for breakfast and sets about describing the crew, "So Leet is a total tech geek and is very good at what he does. He doesn't talk a whole lot. He likes to complain about the jobs that others ask him tto do, but I think he secretly enjoy it.
Klak is your typical ex-republic soldier. Just your type, Plushy. He never hesitates to let you know that he was one, and I suspect he misses the lifestyle but will not admit it.
Eli is a bit on an enigma. He's some sort of monk and has a very strictly defined view of right and wrong, though its diffict to pin down exactly what it is. He could cause trouble if he doesn't approve of our methods.
Dood is a bothan, but not a bad one. He actually ineracts with non-bothans with out throwing in a profanity under his breath. He is a fairly accomplished scout, but I wouldn't count on him too heavily in a firefight.
Cuspar is the diplomat of the group. He has some connections and has little trouble making new ones.
Syric is a bit of an unknown. He has gotten into fights with several of the crew in the past. I don't think has acted out of malice, but out of extremely poor decision making.
Jax is a padawan Jedi, but seems more intereted I. Trying to implicate me back on Tatooine than tp his mission. He could also raise moral objections to our mission.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:25 pm

Bulwark wrote:Bulwark orders a BonthanPotPie for breakfast and sets about describing the crew, "So Leet is a total tech geek and is very good at what he does. He doesn't talk a whole lot. He likes to complain about the jobs that others ask him tto do, but I think he secretly enjoy it.
Klak is your typical ex-republic soldier. Just your type, Plushy. He never hesitates to let you know that he was one, and I suspect he misses the lifestyle but will not admit it.
Eli is a bit on an enigma. He's some sort of monk and has a very strictly defined view of right and wrong, though its diffict to pin down exactly what it is. He could cause trouble if he doesn't approve of our methods.
Dood is a bothan, but not a bad one. He actually ineracts with non-bothans with out throwing in a profanity under his breath. He is a fairly accomplished scout, but I wouldn't count on him too heavily in a firefight.
Cuspar is the diplomat of the group. He has some connections and has little trouble making new ones.
Syric is a bit of an unknown. He has gotten into fights with several of the crew in the past. I don't think has acted out of malice, but out of extremely poor decision making.
Jax is a padawan Jedi, but seems more intereted I. Trying to implicate me back on Tatooine than tp his mission. He could also raise moral objections to our mission.
"Ok, 3 things. Number one, I'm going to let you in on a weakness of mine. I can't remember names. It's just a thing I have. You could tell me your name 20 times and it wouldn't stick, but Hayseed sticks because I look at you and that's what I saw when we met. It ain't personal, that's just what it is. I'm assuming you don't have the same problem, so you will start referring to me by name. Understood?

Second, what caused these fights Syric got into.

And third, what is Jax's mission?"

The Plush Family:

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:01 pm

[OOC: got a dinner to go to right now and won't be on until 830 mst.. I'll go to the place Klak is, help get him up to speed on everything. Then, when I get the message from Tsont'Ar, I'll suggest we all go there.]
Cuspar

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:46 am

Furiel wrote: "Ok, 3 things. Number one, I'm going to let you in on a weakness of mine. I can't remember names. It's just a thing I have. You could tell me your name 20 times and it wouldn't stick, but Hayseed sticks because I look at you and that's what I saw when we met. It ain't personal, that's just what it is. I'm assuming you don't have the same problem, so you will start referring to me by name. Understood?

Bulwark looks at Tony the way a parent looks at a child that says they didn't know where all the cookies went, "If you can't remember something as simple as a name, then you are going to be a serious liability to any mission we go on. Perhaps we should contact Mr. T and let him know that you arn't quite up to the task. Or we could dispense with the childish pranks and start over as professionals. Agreed?

Now, to your second point. I believe the first was caused by a malfunctioning droid that filled up the ship's waste disposal units with Dewback dung. Moods got sour and it ended with Syric shooting Eli with an ion pistol. The second incident was when I tried to stop a mobster from arming a sith assassin droid. Syric did not approve of my methods and shot me in the back.

As for Jax's mission, I am not exactly certain. I believe he was sent to replace our previous Jedi, Wailer, who died during a fight with sith assassin droids. It would be reasonable to assume that he has the same mission that Wailer had."

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:46 am

Bulwark wrote:
Furiel wrote: "Ok, 3 things. Number one, I'm going to let you in on a weakness of mine. I can't remember names. It's just a thing I have. You could tell me your name 20 times and it wouldn't stick, but Hayseed sticks because I look at you and that's what I saw when we met. It ain't personal, that's just what it is. I'm assuming you don't have the same problem, so you will start referring to me by name. Understood?

Bulwark looks at Tony the way a parent looks at a child that says they didn't know where all the cookies went, "If you can't remember something as simple as a name, then you are going to be a serious liability to any mission we go on. Perhaps we should contact Mr. T and let him know that you arn't quite up to the task. Or we could dispense with the childish pranks and start over as professionals. Agreed?

Now, to your second point. I believe the first was caused by a malfunctioning droid that filled up the ship's waste disposal units with Dewback dung. Moods got sour and it ended with Syric shooting Eli with an ion pistol. The second incident was when I tried to stop a mobster from arming a sith assassin droid. Syric did not approve of my methods and shot me in the back.

As for Jax's mission, I am not exactly certain. I believe he was sent to replace our previous Jedi, Wailer, who died during a fight with sith assassin droids. It would be reasonable to assume that he has the same mission that Wailer had."
Tony narrows his eyes and with a look completely devoid of emotion and his voice as cold as ice...

"Ok, I understand you have never been in the military, so I'm going to go over this one last time with you. You are now part of a quasi-military organization and as such we operate in many ways similar. There is a chain of command. The Boss is at the top, below him is Tony Plush, below Tony Plush is you Hayseed. I can call you whatever you want, I can tell you to do whatever I want, and as long as it isn't interfering with the mission, no one is going to care. If you don't like that, then I encourage you to go ahead and contact the Boss. Tell him I won't call you by your name. Tell him I call him Boss and that you don't like it. Tell him you think I'm a liability because of it. If you want you can even borrow my comlink."

Tony extends his hand with a comlink in it.

"Make your choice. Make the call or fall in line."

The Plush Family:

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:10 am

Bulwark says with a shrug, "Honestly Plushy, you can call me your mom's left shoelace and I could care less. But if Im going to have to keep reminding you of every little detail of the mission, that's going to be a real liability.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:34 am

Bulwark wrote:Bulwark says with a shrug, "Honestly Plushy, you can call me your mom's left shoelace and I could care less. But if Im going to have to keep reminding you of every little detail of the mission, that's going to be a real liability.
"Ahhh, I get it. You think you are soooo smart. You have it all figured out don't you. You're always 1 step ahead of everyone else. What you did on Tatooine that got you in this situation, nope, it wasn't dumb. It was just too advanced for those simpletons to understand. Well guess what, you have outsmarted yourself this time. I've tried to make it easy on you. I've given you chances and tried to lay it out for you as simply as I can, yet you continue to be smug, arrogant, disrespectful and insubordinate. There is no room in the organization for people like you. You could have made this easy on you, but you decided against that. So this is now your absolute last chance with me. You fall in line. You are Hayseed until I tell you differently. You will call me by name, and you will follow orders and do your job to the best of your ability or you will disappear. Do I make myself clear?"

The Plush Family:

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:11 am

After having an excellent repast of some mysterious shellfish with grain noodles and local tubers following a sampling of local raw seafood, Jax decides to contact Cuspar once again.

"Mr. Inirv'E, I would like to meet with you fairly soon if you are available."

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:07 pm

Furiel wrote: "Ahhh, I get it. You think you are soooo smart. You have it all figured out don't you. You're always 1 step ahead of everyone else. What you did on Tatooine that got you in this situation, nope, it wasn't dumb. It was just too advanced for those simpletons to understand. Well guess what, you have outsmarted yourself this time. I've tried to make it easy on you. I've given you chances and tried to lay it out for you as simply as I can, yet you continue to be smug, arrogant, disrespectful and insubordinate. There is no room in the organization for people like you. You could have made this easy on you, but you decided against that. So this is now your absolute last chance with me. You fall in line. You are Hayseed until I tell you differently. You will call me by name, and you will follow orders and do your job to the best of your ability or you will disappear. Do I make myself clear?"
"It's a rough world out there, and the people we meet are not nice people. They will not being saying 'No Sir' and 'yes ma'am'; no 'pleases' and 'thank yous.' Now, I'm sorry that you have such difficulty with that, I really am. If you don't like that, then I encourage you to go ahead and contact Mr T. Tell him I won't call you by your name. Tell him that you don't like it. Tell him you think I'm a liability because of it. If you want you can even borrow my comlink.

But here is the thing, Mr T. and I have an arrangement. I am nobody's slave. I am nobody's errand boy. And I am certainly none of this to you. Now, when we are in the field and there is work to be done, and you are not acting like a jack hole, then yes, I'll do what it takes to get the mission done. But when you are pulling this pissant, 2nd-lieutenant-fresh-out-of-the-academy crap, then I will call you on it. And I'm sure Mr. T will too. Bullying doesn't earn respect, it create a disfunctional family.

So if you want to call Mr. T and tell him I don't want to lick your shoes and we are calling each other names, be my guest."

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:07 pm

Bulwark wrote:
Furiel wrote: "Ahhh, I get it. You think you are soooo smart. You have it all figured out don't you. You're always 1 step ahead of everyone else. What you did on Tatooine that got you in this situation, nope, it wasn't dumb. It was just too advanced for those simpletons to understand. Well guess what, you have outsmarted yourself this time. I've tried to make it easy on you. I've given you chances and tried to lay it out for you as simply as I can, yet you continue to be smug, arrogant, disrespectful and insubordinate. There is no room in the organization for people like you. You could have made this easy on you, but you decided against that. So this is now your absolute last chance with me. You fall in line. You are Hayseed until I tell you differently. You will call me by name, and you will follow orders and do your job to the best of your ability or you will disappear. Do I make myself clear?"
"It's a rough world out there, and the people we meet are not nice people. They will not being saying 'No Sir' and 'yes ma'am'; no 'pleases' and 'thank yous.' Now, I'm sorry that you have such difficulty with that, I really am. If you don't like that, then I encourage you to go ahead and contact Mr T. Tell him I won't call you by your name. Tell him that you don't like it. Tell him you think I'm a liability because of it. If you want you can even borrow my comlink.

But here is the thing, Mr T. and I have an arrangement. I am nobody's slave. I am nobody's errand boy. And I am certainly none of this to you. Now, when we are in the field and there is work to be done, and you are not acting like a jack hole, then yes, I'll do what it takes to get the mission done. But when you are pulling this pissant, 2nd-lieutenant-fresh-out-of-the-academy crap, then I will call you on it. And I'm sure Mr. T will too. Bullying doesn't earn respect, it create a disfunctional family.

So if you want to call Mr. T and tell him I don't want to lick your shoes and we are calling each other names, be my guest. Otherwise, we have work to do and I'm really not in the mood to waste more time on this."

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:13 pm

Bulwark wrote:

So if you want to call Mr. T and tell him I don't want to lick your shoes and we are calling each other names, be my guest."
"I have been fully briefed on your arrangement with the Boss, and part of that arrangement is that you fit into the organization, which means you fit into the chain of command. And that chain of command has you below me. You are not my equal within the organization, that is not open for debate or interpretation. I told you that you are under constant evaluation, and to this point you have failed virtually every test I have placed in front of you. And you've been insubordinate to boot. You have shown no ability to follow even the simplest order, you have massive authority issues and you have shown no inclination toward wanting to work as part of a team. All of which are the exact opposite of what we look for in members of our organization. The only thing standing between you and a trip out of an airlock is me and my evaluation of you. And if the Boss asked me for my evaluation of you right now I would tell him what I just told you and I would add that I do not trust you to follow orders or plans in the field because of the above issues and that you would be a liability to any mission that you would be on. There is still time to change that, but the clock is ticking down real fast. But if you want to continue to walk this path Hayseed by all means, go right ahead. You know the consequences.

Now tell me about this droid. Why do you think it's a Sith assassin droid? And why were they trying to arm it?"

The Plush Family:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:33 pm

Cuspar wrote:[OOC: got a dinner to go to right now and won't be on until 830 mst.. I'll go to the place Klak is, help get him up to speed on everything. Then, when I get the message from Tsont'Ar, I'll suggest we all go there.]
Klak is caught up on the information we were trying to get from Kitani, the information So dug up, Bulwark stunning Ro'talth, Syric shooting Bulwark, Ro' not wanting to work with us-leaving the ship-death fiasco, police investigation, leaving Bulwark to get himself out of trouble with Mr T's assistance, the 50k retainer and job offer from Mr. T., So's desire to head to Coreilla(right?) and the other team members thoughts on going to Ord Mantrell, and Eli's departure.

"I think we should wait on the strategy session until we get in touch with Mr. T and hear him out."

[I don't see any message from Tsont'Ar, so I guess we're still eating at Mok's. Jax landed an hour after us right? So Cuspar might be getting his first message soon?]
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:37 pm

Yes Jax's message just popped up on Cuspar's commlink.
Jounville Blackferne

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Furiel wrote: "I have been fully briefed on your arrangement with the Boss, and part of that arrangement is that you fit into the organization, which means you fit into the chain of command. And that chain of command has you below me. You are not my equal within the organization, that is not open for debate or interpretation. I told you that you are under constant evaluation, and to this point you have failed virtually every test I have placed in front of you. And you've been insubordinate to boot. You have shown no ability to follow even the simplest order, you have massive authority issues and you have shown no inclination toward wanting to work as part of a team. All of which are the exact opposite of what we look for in members of our organization. The only thing standing between you and a trip out of an airlock is me and my evaluation of you. And if the Boss asked me for my evaluation of you right now I would tell him what I just told you and I would add that I do not trust you to follow orders or plans in the field because of the above issues and that you would be a liability to any mission that you would be on. There is still time to change that, but the clock is ticking down real fast. But if you want to continue to walk this path Hayseed by all means, go right ahead. You know the consequences.

Now tell me about this droid. Why do you think it's a Sith assassin droid? And why were they trying to arm it?"
"Look Plushy, if your tests consists entirely of me calling you by the wrong name, then you are correct. We both failed that.
As for the droid, I thought you already knew all about that. You certainly implied it when you said it was a stupid move. I guess I'm confused, do you know what happened or don't you? Because this is a very delicate situation with some very valuable intel. I need to know, what has Mr. T. told you and what hasn't he?"

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:43 pm

Note: Tsont'Ar knows of Fandango as a man, he was never told about a sith assassin droid.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:46 pm

Whiteness wrote:[I don't see any message from Tsont'Ar, so I guess we're still eating at Mok's. Jax landed an hour after us right? So Cuspar might be getting his first message soon?]
You and everyone else would have received a msg from an unknown comm number by this point with the invite to lunch - exact contents are in one of my posts above

The Plush Family: