The Taris Event Chapter 3

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Gandolfini
Priest
Re: The Taris Event Chapter 3

Post by Gandolfini » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:51 pm

Cuspar wrote:
Blackferne wrote:
Gandolfini wrote:
Whiteness wrote:"Let's keep this simple. The Droid is out. I am in. Cuspar is in. Bulwark and Tony are in. Klak? So Leet? Jax?
That depends on who is in command of the operation.
Nolan looks at you for a second then speaks. "Perhaps you would like to be in charge? The only things I want are Ko back home, and that lab destroyed. As to how you accomplish that goal I'm not terribly concerned."
@ Jax
Just remember though Jax - your overriding guide is the Jedi code. Ours is not, and you can't expect us to follow it.
I agree. Then who is leading the mission?
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:26 pm

Klak leans forward. "Might I suggest that as we are being hired to perform a service that one of Mr. Tsont'Ar's men lead the group. I happen to feel Serg err Lieutenant Plush would make a fine leader of the group. He would be more than capable of guiding us through this evening."

Klak returns to his whiskey in preparation for the evenings events.
This... I Command!

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:44 pm

That's fine with me, it is Tsont'Ar's show.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:31 am

"Before everyone fully agrees to giving me operational control let me explain to you all what it means to be a part of a Tony Plush operation. First of all a Tony Plush operation is a team operation. When planning an operation everyone brings their own viewpoint and expertise and everyone needs to speak up when creating a plan. If you don't then you aren't invested in the plan. If you aren't invested in the plan then you don't care about the plan. If you don't care about the plan then you are probably going to deviate from it. And if you deviate from the plan then people end up making bad decisions. And what do bad decisions do? That's right, they make things harder. And Tony Plush don't like things being made harder.

Tony Plush expects that when you are on the job that you are serious about the job and it's execution. We don't screw around or play games while we are on the job. We execute our orders smartly and efficently. There's plenty of time to screw around when we are in the cantina afterwards.

Tony Plush expects that if the tactical situation changes during the operation that you will react smartly and part of reacting smartly is that you will inform the team of how things have changed so we can adjust as a team. Freelancing without communicating means you are deviating from the plan, and we all know where that goes.

Tony Plush expects you to have his back because Tony Plush guarantees you he has yours. Tony Plush does not leave men behind. We go in as a team and we come out as one.

These are what I call my Plush-damentals. This is what I expect you all to be agreeing to by giving me operational control. If anyone objects to that then speak now. If not then lets finish our lunch, square our gear and get underway."
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu May 05, 2011 8:56 pm

On the flight back from Korriz Tony has a few projects.

Project 1: I'm going to spend time studying all of the prototype weapons we picked up. I want to see if I can reverse-engineer what they did so that I can apply what they did to some existing weapons to enhance them. Assuming I get to use the level 4 version of Tony my mechanics is +11 and I can make rolls if you want or you can roll for me and tell me what I learned.

Project 2: Write up my operational report for the Boss.

Project 3: Tony is going to go around to each member of the team privately to give them a personal debriefing on the mission.

@Cuspar- "Hey Fishstix, you did some nice work in there. I was a little worried before we went in that you might not hold up in a firefight, given where you come from and all, but you surprised ol Tony Plush. Not only did you not shy away from the fight, but you were almost too brave to the point of recklessness. Part of being part of a strong team is to know both your strengths and weaknesses, right now your biggest weakness is your lack of combat training and experience, so you need to make sure you stay back a bit further and let them waste their ammo trying to shoot at Horny, Ginger or myself and support us as best you can. And if you decide you like mixing it up a little more than you are currently then Tony Plush would be happy to train you. You got the heart of a Rancor kid, just don't let it get in the way of your brain." Tony gives Fishstix a wink at the end and leaves (unless Cuspar goes to engage me in conversation, then I'd stay and we'll play it out)

@Klak- "Horny my man! It was nice to see you can still shoot. I wasn't sure if you'd lost your edge out amongst the civilians over the last few years, but you still got that killers eye. I'm not sure we would have pulled that off without ya. Only thing I can think of for the future would be to consider using autofire more when they are all clumped up like they were. With that shiny new shooter you got there you can hurt alot of people real fast when they bunch like that. But that's really minor and overall it was a nice, tight operation. Good work and when we get back to Bothawui the first round is on Tony Plush!" Tony gives Klak a quick, casual salute and leaves (unless Klak goes to engage me in conversation, then I'd stay and we'll play it out)

@So Leet- "Hey Brainiac, just wanted to know that Tony Plush was impressed with the work you did inside. Your demolitions work was masterful, I'd be surprised if there was more than a few microns left of that site. You also did a great job of staying in back and giving fire support while not needlessly exposing yourself to fire. Tony Plush appreciates team members that know their role and they maximize their contributions within it and you certainly did that down on the ground. Nice work." Tony will give So Leet a nod and leaves (unless So Leet goes to engage me in conversation, then I'd stay and we'll play it out)

@Jax- "Man, I tell ya Ginger, I think I've had my fill of Sith for a few days. You ever seen that many in one spot before? But hey, that was some solid work you did down on the ground. Just one thing though, I understand you have a code and all that, but if we ever end up neck deep in a Sith base I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't decide in the middle of it to try to take a prisoner like that. We did not have the manpower or the equipment to properly restrain and guard him while we still had not come close to achieving any of our objectives. The safety of the team and the completion of the mission are my top priorities and taking a prisoner would have unnecessarily jepordized both and I would not have allowed it, so if we continue to work together try to keep that in mind. Tony Plush doesn't compromise on team safety and success." Tony will give Jax a nod and leaves(unless Jax goes to engage me in conversation, then I'd stay and we'll play it out)

@Syric- "Hey Slim, that was some nice trigger work down groundside. You've got a fighters heart and I could tell you've been in a scrap or two before cuz you kept your head about you and didn't panic when the grenades started flying. Best advice I can give ya, which I understand was tough to do in a compressed environment like that would be to try not to clump up with Klak and myself quite to much. We all got to close at times, it wasn't just you, and we made it too easy for them to hurt us all pretty bad with some grenades. It's something we all have to be more mindful of, Tony Plush included. Remind me when we get to Bothawui I owe you a drink." Tony gives Syric a wink at the end and leaves (unless Syric goes to engage me in conversation, then I'd stay and we'll play it out)

@Bulwark- "Nice job planetside Hayseed, you said you knew how to use that carbine and you weren't lieing. Look, I think we got off on the wrong foot and Tony Plush wants you to know that he put you back to a clean slate after we left he Bosses office before we left for that hell hole Korriz. And while you're right, we may never be trading life day cards we can definately work together successfully. If not we probably all wouldn't have gotten off Korriz in 1 piece like we did. So nice job down there and keep it up, we have a long path to walk yet, but it's definately looking easier than it did." Tony will extend his hand to Bulwark to shake hands, and assuming it's taken he'll leave (if not or Bulwark wants to engage in further conversation I'd stick around and play it out)
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Thu May 05, 2011 9:02 pm

@Tony

Then we shall not work together in the future. I will not murder on your order or anyone elses for that matter. I am glad we had this talk. You may leave now.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu May 05, 2011 9:21 pm

Gandolfini wrote:@Tony

Then we shall not work together in the future. I will not murder on your order or anyone elses for that matter. I am glad we had this talk. You may leave now.
"I am not asking or ordering you to murder anyone, nor have I. I am asking you to not offer quarter to an enemy that has not asked for it. If you choose to look at that as murder then perhaps you need to spend some time meditating on yourself and your actions planetside because using that perspective would make you, and the rest of us, mass murderers."

The Plush Family:

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Thu May 05, 2011 9:37 pm

Furiel wrote:

"I am not asking or ordering you to murder anyone, nor have I. I am asking you to not offer quarter to an enemy that has not asked for it. If you choose to look at that as murder then perhaps you need to spend some time meditating on yourself and your actions planetside because using that perspective would make you, and the rest of us, mass murderers."
You have made your position clear and I reject your instructions. Therefore I will not work with you in the future. I strongly suggest that you leave my quarters now. Is this clear?

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm

Furiel wrote:On the flight back from Korriz Tony has a few projects.

Project 1: I'm going to spend time studying all of the prototype weapons we picked up. I want to see if I can reverse-engineer what they did so that I can apply what they did to some existing weapons to enhance them. Assuming I get to use the level 4 version of Tony my mechanics is +11 and I can make rolls if you want or you can roll for me and tell me what I learned.
Looking ta the weapon the reason that they are superior to most run of the mill weapons is two fold.

The +2 to attack are more accurate because of tiny micro-gyros which increase the stability and balance of the weapon in the normal movement you'd have in a fight. Basically the gun is weighted and constantly self-balancing itself to be a natural extension of your arm lowering the amount of marksman training you'd need to be a better shot. Imagine if it was like auto-complete for weapon aiming. The construction of the balancing gyros is not unheard of and are naturally suited towards the weapons of this design. If you wanted to have a similar system set up on Vera let's say you'd need to have Vera taken in for extensive measurement and calibration to custom make gyros to achieve the same effect. Long story short these guns systems could be recreated in other guns, but it would require a lot of money and time.

The +die of damage guns generally have a more refined charge focusing unit in the blasters. Again this is using a technique that could be duplicated but would require precise manufacturing taking time and money.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu May 05, 2011 10:31 pm

Gandolfini wrote:
Furiel wrote:

You have made your position clear and I reject your instructions. Therefore I will not work with you in the future. I strongly suggest that you leave my quarters now. Is this clear?
"Crystal clear, Oathbreaker"

Tony turns his back to Jax and leaves

The Plush Family:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu May 05, 2011 10:48 pm

@ Tony
" That sounds mighty fine Tony. It was good to have you on this little job."
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Tue May 10, 2011 5:43 pm

What happens next?

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Tue May 10, 2011 5:48 pm

"In fact, I think a few drinks would be a great way to introduce you to our Bothan friend Dood. We didn't get a chance to catch up with him after he lost his father and I think downing some bottles of Bothuwai's finest, or cheapest, alcohol would be just what he needs right now."
Spoiler:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Tue May 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Gandolfini wrote:What happens next?
Syric shoots Jax :shifty:

note to self, invest in a sonic pistol
Spoiler:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue May 10, 2011 5:59 pm

I need to enter the updated character sheets into the spreadsheet get you guys paid etc etc. I've been focusing my efforts on the charter so unless there is some big fit about that and it is in a good place for now we will resume in the next 24 hours.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Tue May 10, 2011 6:33 pm

Bulwark takes a long nap. In the morning he heads to the galley for some breakfast with the gang.
He takes his share of pancakes and douses them with Quarran Melon-syrup and begins eating.
"Hey, what ever happened to Eli? Did he stay back with Dood?"

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed May 11, 2011 2:26 pm

Bulwark wrote:Bulwark takes a long nap. In the morning he heads to the galley for some breakfast with the gang.
He takes his share of pancakes and douses them with Quarran Melon-syrup and begins eating.
"Hey, what ever happened to Eli? Did he stay back with Dood?"
"The last I saw him was when we landed on Bothuwai. He didn't think he was helping our lack of teamwork and wasn't ready to overlook your actions on Tatooine and get on with the mission like the rest of us. And since we have gotten past it and actually worked well as a team for once, lets wipe the slate clean from here on out and forget about the past." Syric looks around at the others, "That goes for Aderbrent also, I think we should get our investments back and start fresh with everyone equal partners going forward, what do you guys think?"
Spoiler:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu May 12, 2011 7:08 pm

"I guess I'll take everyone's silence as an agreement. But what's our next step? I know we have to take Ko to T'sontar and pick up the rest of the credits, but where do we go next? Are we going to head to Ord Mantell to look into the mineral processing, are we going to try and track down the Avalon and P'sont or are we going to go directly for one of Sargo's lieutenants? I think we have the credits to dig up information if needed, something we were lacking on Tatooine, but what do the rest of you think?"
Spoiler:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu May 12, 2011 7:29 pm

"I would advise against going against one of Sargo's lieutenants at this time. Sargo is a man known for his security paranoia so he and his lieutenants are going to be hard targets and quite frankly from a military operational perspective you aren't ready. The only thing attacking one of Sargo's lieutenents now would get you is an all-expenses paid trip to the morgue."

The Plush Family:

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu May 12, 2011 10:20 pm

I have no real need for credits - so I'm ok with Syric's suggestion. I might suggest that we also pay down some of the debt on the ship. If we get busy, the last thing we want is to forget about it and have some toughs looking to collect...

As for next steps, I suggest we deliver Ko and then see what comes next. I think we have proven ourselves to Tsont'Ar further, and perhaps he will be able to help us find our way towards one of our Jounville-related tasks...
Cuspar

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Fri May 13, 2011 4:24 pm

"Well Tony, I wasn't talking about attacking them, I was thinking of something a bit more subtle, but you do have a good point."

"And Cuspar, with the deal So got us I don't think we need to worry too much about the debt. I think we still have a month before the first payment of 2500 credits is due."
Spoiler:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Mon May 16, 2011 5:49 pm

"I'm just going to put this out there, if T'sontar wants us to do any more jobs for him I'm going to turn him down. This little 'millitary prepardness' exercise feels like it's taken weeks even though it hasn't been that long."
Spoiler:

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Mon May 16, 2011 6:58 pm

I still think Tsont'Ar is too good of a connection to close the door on him. I'm expecting that he is able to help us out more now that we've proven that we can get things done...
Cuspar