The Taris Event Chapter 3

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:23 pm

We have ample technology to inform them without rerouting to go there. I truly believe a straight shot to ord mantrell would be best.

I haven't really been needed for much aside from tinkering and we have enough alpha dogs to run our own breeding establishment.

This though I think is a wasted trip. Klak decided to go with Dood. We can message them and if klak wants to join us he can fly to us.

Ooc: do we not know about the 50k retainer? And how is that getting disseminated? I was under the impression Dood wanted to pay back all initial investors and then have us be equal partners from there forward to ensure no indebtedness.

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:26 pm

Cuspar wrote:[OOC: let's consider this So/Syric discussion as actually happening]

Look guys. We've dug our own holes. Not even a mass grave. INDIVIDUAL FUCKING HOLES. Let's do this together. Let's go get Dood and Klak, and do this job for Tsont'Ar. I just have a feeling that this is the quickest way to Jounville. We won't forget our leads on tordassium - but we're going to Dood's home planet. A planet OBSESSED with information - and information is what we need. I have to believe that we can pull it together. And we HAVE to pull it together. The Bothans will look at us with utter disdain, so if we show up acting like idiots - we're doomed. We need to be a team.
Knowledge beauracracy if you could roll it gm.
the bothans are going to look at us like morons when we show up no matter what. They're BOTHANS. They hate all of us and look down on us. Which is impressive considering their stature. Send the message before we head to ord they can meet us there. And if you want someone to gather info why not let the senators son do it. We are not needed there. And it is a waste of our time to go to bothuwai.

Bulwark
Cardinal

Re: The Taris Event Chapter 3

Post by Bulwark » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Blackferne wrote: [ooc you have never met Mr. T]

"The Exchange? Oh no they are ruffians and neerdowells. My name is Nolan Tsont'Ar. I'm not going to get into the particulars of my work, but if I send someone to your door with a blaster, you did something, probably pretty awful to bring me there. Innocents are whom I aim to protect. As for the conditions of your employment. You will be a normally paid staff member. You will get contracts and you will execute those contracts. When you have completed 10 you are free to go your own way. That is my offer and all I'm prepared to say about it. I'll give you two minutes to decide." He sets a chrono on the table set for two minutes then slightly recline sin his chair studying you.
Bulwark reaches across the table and turns off the timer, "ok, I'm in."

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:34 pm

Arrican wrote:
Cuspar wrote:[OOC: let's consider this So/Syric discussion as actually happening]

Look guys. We've dug our own holes. Not even a mass grave. INDIVIDUAL FUCKING HOLES. Let's do this together. Let's go get Dood and Klak, and do this job for Tsont'Ar. I just have a feeling that this is the quickest way to Jounville. We won't forget our leads on tordassium - but we're going to Dood's home planet. A planet OBSESSED with information - and information is what we need. I have to believe that we can pull it together. And we HAVE to pull it together. The Bothans will look at us with utter disdain, so if we show up acting like idiots - we're doomed. We need to be a team.
Knowledge beauracracy if you could roll it gm.
the bothans are going to look at us like morons when we show up no matter what. They're BOTHANS. They hate all of us and look down on us. Which is impressive considering their stature. Send the message before we head to ord they can meet us there. And if you want someone to gather info why not let the senators son do it. We are not needed there. And it is a waste of our time to go to bothuwai.
Knowledge Bureaucracy Roll 1d20[14]+11=25.

Not sure why you are rolling, but there it is.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:34 pm

"We have the following reasons to go to Bothawui...
Dood
Klak
Fandango
Jax
and the 50k Nolan Tsont'Ar is paying us to go there as he is going to meet us there to give us our mission and the other 50k for completion. Tsont'Ar knows nothing of the droids until we brought it to his attention. How much you want to bet his mission is going to involve what we are already doing, so essentially now we're going to be getting paid alot of credits to do what we were already planning on doing.

That is why we should go to Bothawui."
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Bulwark wrote:Bulwark reaches across the table and turns off the timer, "ok, I'm in."

"Excellent. Come with me to my ship. We are headed to Bothawui."
Tsont'Ar steps up and opens the door and leads you out.

He nods to the Superintendent and the Detectives. "Gentlemen, I appreciate your work, but I need this man for the Republic. Don't worry my office will help you solve this case."

DCI Hunt punches a wall hard.
Jounville Blackferne

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:39 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Bulwark wrote:Bulwark reaches across the table and turns off the timer, "ok, I'm in."

He nods to the Superintendent and the Detectives. "Gentlemen, I appreciate your work, but I need this man for the Republic. Don't worry my office will help you solve this case."

"There is one more thing..." Bulwark says before standing up, "you never answered my question. What would you do if a mate set you up to be executed?"

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:49 pm

Arrican wrote:Ooc: do we not know about the 50k retainer? And how is that getting disseminated? I was under the impression Dood wanted to pay back all initial investors and then have us be equal partners from there forward to ensure no indebtedness.
[ooc - You're going to want to take that up with Dood, oh wait he's on Bothuwai :twisted: ]
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Blackferne wrote:

Mr. Tsont'Ar, I presume. I just have a quick question before you leave. Were you involved in Ro'Talth's death?
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:08 pm

Bulwark wrote:
Blackferne wrote:

"There is one more thing..." Bulwark says before standing up, "you never answered my question. What would you do if a mate set you up to be executed?"
"In my line of work, if people didn't try to do that I would insulted they thought so little of me." He smiles.

----
@Jax

"My dear Jedi, the only wounds I ever inflicted on Ro'Talth were probably anxiety and high blood pressure. My understanding is that neither were the cause of death." He says.
Jounville Blackferne

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:15 pm

Blackferne wrote:@Jax

"My dear Jedi, the only wounds I ever inflicted on Ro'Talth were probably anxiety and high blood pressure. My understanding is that neither were the cause of death." He says.
Use the Force - Search Your Feelings Should I believe Tsont'Ar when he says that he was not involved in Ro'Talth's death? (1d20)14+8=22

Jax bows his head slightly. Thank you for your time.

@Bulwark
I look forward to meeting you again Mr. Migs.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:17 pm

Gandolfini wrote:

Use the Force - Search Your Feelings Should I believe Tsont'Ar when he says that he was not involved in Ro'Talth's death? (1d20)14+8=22

Jax bows his head slightly. Thank you for your time.

@Bulwark
I look forward to meeting you again Mr. Migs.
Believing that would be favorable.
Jounville Blackferne

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:22 pm

@DCI Hunt and DI Ty'lr
Pub?

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:24 pm

Gandolfini wrote:@DCI Hunt and DI Ty'lr
Pub?
"Pub." They say in unison.
Jounville Blackferne

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Pub?
Jax and Slick follow Hunt and Ty'lr to the pub for a drink. He joins them in complaining about bureaucrats getting in the way of legitimate investigations.

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:32 pm

"All right kiddies, last call. So, are you going to plot the path for us or are you going to make me do that?"
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:23 pm

I'm not happy with all this in fighting and stupidity but I realize I may need Dood to do me a favor when we get to bothuwai.
roll as needed to get us to puppy planet.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:33 pm

The sweet Delia will get to puppy planet in 4 days. (Ie the day after Dood's meeting with the lawyers)

BTW which plan was Dood's finance thing:

1) 50% of money earned by the company is split evenly by company employees, 50% is divided amongst shared holders.
2) 50% of money earned by the company is split evenly by company employees, 25% into company coffers for expenses 25% divided based on shares held.

(Both planes had arillius's share paid until it was paid back in full)
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:40 pm

Blackferne wrote:The sweet Delia will get to puppy planet in 4 days. (Ie the day after Dood's meeting with the lawyers)

BTW which plan was Dood's finance thing:

1) 50% of money earned by the company is split evenly by company employees, 50% is divided amongst shared holders.
2) 50% of money earned by the company is split evenly by company employees, 25% into company coffers for expenses 25% divided based on shares held.

(Both planes had arillius's share paid until it was paid back in full)
I thought it was 50% into company coffers, 25% divided based on shares and 25% split evenly.
Spoiler:

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:55 pm

Gandolfini wrote:
Blackferne wrote:
Pub?
Jax and Slick follow Hunt and Ty'lr to the pub for a drink. He joins them in complaining about bureaucrats getting in the way of legitimate investigations.
Well gentlemen, I think the prime suspect has left Tatooine with little we can do about it now. I need to contact my Master and determine my net course of action. It was a pleasure working with both of you. Let me pick up one more round before I depart.

After the next round of drinks, Jax and Slick head back to their ship at the spaceport.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:56 pm

"Hey Jax, you ever find yerself in Mos Eisley again, look us up. You're a good guy." DCI Hunt says.
Jounville Blackferne

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:15 pm

@ Bulwark

Nolan Tsont'Ar takes you to the spaceport via cab ride. He leads you through the maze of the star port to one of the docking bays. It opens to show a sleek yacht like space ship. You follow him onboard to see a small crew working. He leads you to a personal cabin that contains a bunk a locker like storage compartment and a vid screen.

"Now I understand your personal affects are still with Aderbrent. I don't know how attached you are to them, but you shall see it all soon enough. Do you remember back in the police station where I said you must abide by my standards of behavior pushing aside personal bias and opinions you hold? Because the first of these standards is to cooperate with Aderbrent. I understand you feel hostility towards certain members of that organization at this time, and while personally I wouldn't let it phase me, I imagine this is your first significant episode where you feel betrayed or sold out. Do not let those emotions cloud your judgment. My work, our work is too big to get caught up in the minutia of personal grievances. If I hear so much as a single complaint of merit, it will end poorly." He relaxes his aging face and smiles. "But now is the time for rest and relaxation. make use of this room and the galley as you wish. Stay off the bridge and we will be on Bothawui in a few days."
Jounville Blackferne

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:59 pm

Jax calls Master Lucien using the Holonet

When I arrived on Tatooine, I made contact with Eli, the human that sent the message concerning Wailer’s demise, and a Mon Calamari named Cuspar Inirv’E. They briefed me on their exploits concerning the disappearance of Jounville Blackferne. In their briefing, I discovered two things. The first is that Eli is a force sensitive with some type of martial training. I did not sense the dark side in him. The other is that Wailer used force lightning as an attack against the droids. It appears that Wailer may have been slipping towards the dark side. During this meeting I was informed that Ro’Talth, their primary lead on the Sith, was killed in an accident.

I was then introduced to a man named Bulwark Migs who claimed to have a message from Ro’Talth that indicated he was still alive and that he had new friends and that these friends were interested in meeting me as well. I assumed that this alluded to the Sith. At this point I checked with the Port Master on the possibility that Ro’alth or his companion Ra’Wen left via transport on Mos Eisley. This developed no leads.

The next day, I received a call from Migs asking me to meet him at their ship. When I arrived he stated that he had evaded the police and asked me to help him get off planet. I refused and urged him to talk to the police since he said he had nothing to hide. I then went to the morgue and inspected the body. It appeared to be the body of Ro’Talth and the Force indicated this was accurate.

At this point I met with the investigators of Ro’Talth’s death. During our meeting they were informed of Migs’ involvement and current location. He was apprehended and taken to the station for questioning. During the interrogation, he implied that the human Eli was responsible for Wailer’s death and that he was not involved in Ro’Talth’s death. The Force indicated neither statement was accurate and he proved evasive . Before he could be questioned further, the Superintendent of Mos Eisley stopped the interview. Another human name Nolan Tsont’Ar took Migs claiming that he was needed by the Republic. I have heard that Nolan Tsont'Ar is with the RIA but have not verified this information.

At this point, I suspect that Bulwark Migs killed or had a hand in the killing of Ro’Talth and was motivated out of revenge and a perceived threat. However, I lack the evidence to support arresting him. I do not suspect that he is working with the Sith.

My only other lead is a ore called Tordassium. From what I was informed by Cuspar and Eli, it is a critical component in the manufacture of the droids but is normally considered a waste product in ore refining. My intention is to return to Coruscant and research this ore and possible facilities that may be collecting it.

Do you have any other instructions or suggestions?

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:10 pm

@Jax

Master Lucien bows his head and thinks for a moment.

"I am concerned by the involvement of Nolan Tsont'Ar. He has a dubious reputation since he went into what they call 'franchise mode' which is RIA slang for accountable to no one. His operations are protected by political allies in the Senate so excising him from the republic would be a difficult task under normal circumstances, but if he is involved with the pursuit of these droids it would be even harder. Do you know where he took Mr. Migs and if the others like Eli and Cuspar have been working with him?"
Jounville Blackferne

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:21 pm

Master Lucien bows his head and thinks for a moment.

"I am concerned by the involvement of Nolan Tsont'Ar. He has a dubious reputation since he went into what they call 'franchise mode' which is RIA slang for accountable to no one. His operations are protected by political allies in the Senate so excising him from the republic would be a difficult task under normal circumstances, but if he is involved with the pursuit of these droids it would be even harder. Do you know where he took Mr. Migs and if the others like Eli and Cuspar have been working with him?"
I do not know where Tsont'Ar took Migs but was under the impression it was of planet. I could check with the Port Master to see if they left and the destination. Also could attempt to track their jump.

Eli and the rest of the crew are heading to Bothawui. It certainly seems plausible that they are working for Tsont'Ar. My impression is that the group called Tsont'Ar when Migs was arrested.