The Taris Event Chapter 2 OOC Thread

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Furiel
Cardinal
Re: The Taris Event Chapter 2 OOC Thread

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:22 pm

And now, back to our story...

So Mr. GM - this would probably be something So Leet, Syric and/or Dood would know at least, probably most of us though, how refined is sensor technology in the Star Wars universe? Is it to the point that you can tell when a mosquito farts from orbit, or is it more like today where you can sometimes evade detection by running low to the ground and get lost in the ground clutter?

I know that you can jam, baffle and cloak too, but since none of those technologies are available to us right this second I figured I should ask about other options.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:28 pm

Furiel wrote:And now, back to our story...

So Mr. GM - this would probably be something So Leet, Syric and/or Dood would know at least, probably most of us though, how refined is sensor technology in the Star Wars universe? Is it to the point that you can tell when a mosquito farts from orbit, or is it more like today where you can sometimes evade detection by running low to the ground and get lost in the ground clutter?

I know that you can jam, baffle and cloak too, but since none of those technologies are available to us right this second I figured I should ask about other options.
Depends on the planet and the number of relays in play.

For Bryx there are a fair amount of options for getting lost in ground clutter to avoid detection. The area you are in is probably going to get scrutiny for additional resources to clear away the ground clutter signals given 11 droids just went offline. But you have about 10 minutes before they could send reinforcements and pick up your trail.

TLDR version
You have enough time to catch your breath and tend any wounds, but don't stick around long. Also don't let Ro'Talth use his commlinks. In fact destroying it might be a good idea.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:34 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Furiel wrote:And now, back to our story...

Depends on the planet and the number of relays in play.

For Bryx there are a fair amount of options for getting lost in ground clutter to avoid detection. The area you are in is probably going to get scrutiny for additional resources to clear away the ground clutter signals given 11 droids just went offline. But you have about 10 minutes before they could send reinforcements and pick up your trail.

TLDR version
You have enough time to catch your breath and tend any wounds, but don't stick around long. Also don't let Ro'Talth use his commlinks. In fact destroying it might be a good idea.
What about ship tracking? I mean how conceivable is it to keep a starship from being detected if you are hugging the ground, running with minimal power and using ground clutter to keep say, an orbiting Sith Battlecruiser, from detecting you?
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:38 pm

Furiel wrote:What about ship tracking? I mean how conceivable is it to keep a starship from being detected if you are hugging the ground, running with minimal power and using ground clutter to keep say, an orbiting Sith Battlecruiser, from detecting you?
That would be considerably harder. Dood would have to roll stealth rolls for the ship as he flew it vs a DC 25. Probably not that hard for him given his ability to blend in with Ra'Wen's couch so easily. At the same time you'd need to pilot really close to the ground.

In other news, I have another out for the Sith battlecruiser it should reveal itself shortly.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Well without that knowledge in-game Eli's mind would be churning with thoughts of how the hell we were going to get off planet immediately.

Also, when he died did Wailer trans-substantiate or is there a char-broiled Gungan body lieing on the ground next to me?

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:44 pm

Furiel wrote:Well without that knowledge in-game Eli's mind would be churning with thoughts of how the hell we were going to get off planet immediately.

Also, when he died did Wailer trans-substantiate or is there a char-broiled Gungan body lieing on the ground next to me?
the lifeless gungan corpse riddled with blaster marks is next to you.
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:39 pm

Fandango said he can get us out of here. Perhaps before we try to do a Cannonball Run, we can find out how he can help.
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:39 pm

:cry: I'm touched that you guys are carting Wailer around. :cry:
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:41 pm

Dood wrote:Fandango said he can get us out of here. Perhaps before we try to do a Cannonball Run, we can find out how he can help.
I'm coming with carting my Ion Rifle, satchel full of ion grenades, droid processors and a few personal affects, and my bitching hat.
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:45 pm

Not that I doubt the fun it would involve when we blow up Rotahtls house, but aren't we on a short schedule here? Drag bodies, set explosives? Are we skilled enough to set explosives without any time elapsing?

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:48 pm

Also, if they'll be here in 6 minutes, won't a 15 minute timer give them ample time to find the explosives and then just leave? Or are we now planning on fighting with them and hoping to somehow have them at the villa and us running away so that they're killed by the explosives? I'm just not seeing any logic in this plan at all.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:50 pm

Well one thing I should note, maybe this might change your mind. In addition to the fact you guys have 6 minutes (and ideally this is cutting it really close) the nearby buildings do have people in them (who currently are scared shitless at what has transpired) so blowing up a house if the explosion is intended to be really big might take a few innocent lives.

Just saying.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:51 pm

Dood wrote:Fandango said he can get us out of here. Perhaps before we try to do a Cannonball Run, we can find out how he can help.
Oh I'm all for his way, but without knowing that in-game I was trying to come up with ideas. What I had been thinking if we didn't have the Fandango plan was to pre-program the Pussy Wagon to make a break for it and run the Sith the opposite direction as a distraction while the rest of us are in the Sweet D huggin the ground and trying to sneak around to the leeward side of the planet where the planetary mass would block our sensor signature long enough for us to escape.

And c'mon Gando, you had to know at least Eli would care. I mean for god sake he swore an oath of vengence because 2 random farmers got shot up for him. Just think of what I'm going to do to Hortel and Quax now that they have your blood on their hands as well. :lightsaber:

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Furiel wrote:
Oh I'm all for his way, but without knowing that in-game I was trying to come up with ideas. What I had been thinking if we didn't have the Fandango plan was to pre-program the Pussy Wagon to make a break for it and run the Sith the opposite direction as a distraction while the rest of us are in the Sweet D huggin the ground and trying to sneak around to the leeward side of the planet where the planetary mass would block our sensor signature long enough for us to escape.

And c'mon Gando, you had to know at least Eli would care. I mean for god sake he swore an oath of vengence because 2 random farmers got shot up for him. Just think of what I'm going to do to Hortel and Quax now that they have your blood on their hands as well. :lightsaber:

Hortell and Quax had nothing to do with Wailer's death. That would be their boss. Who you do not want to meet for a long time to be honest.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Yeah Gando, Syric feels bad for not trusting Wailer only to have him give his life for us.

And Whitey feels bad for giving Arrican the idea to blow up the place.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:55 pm

Blackferne wrote:Well one thing I should note, maybe this might change your mind. In addition to the fact you guys have 6 minutes (and ideally this is cutting it really close) the nearby buildings do have people in them (who currently are scared shitless at what has transpired) so blowing up a house if the explosion is intended to be really big might take a few innocent lives.

Just saying.
Darths & Droids wrote:I'll tell you what I know: You can never remind your players too often what they should actually be doing, as opposed to what they think they should be doing at any given point during an adventure. Be subtle and do it in character though.

No, wait, that'll never work. Don't be subtle. Hit them over the head with it.

No, wait, that'll never work.

Eh... just learn to live with it. You'll save yourself a lot of trouble.

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:58 pm

I just surprised. I'm the kind of guy that douses the halfling hireling in oil, sets him on fire and has him run down a dark tunnel for light. :emperor:
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:59 pm

Alternatively:
Darths & Droids wrote:If you apply enough hints with enough sledgehammers, even the slowest of your players will eventually pick up on them.

And either promptly ignore them or get completely the wrong message and go off and do something else that isn't going to lead anywhere.

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Gandolfini wrote:I just surprised. I'm the kind of guy that douses the halfling hireling in oil, sets him on fire and has him run down a dark tunnel for light. :emperor:
Well, we don't have any spare haflings now do we, though Dood would probably be the closest thing and I don't want to be smelling the burnt fur.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21