The Taris Event Chapter 2 OOC Thread

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Bulwark
Cardinal
Re: The Taris Event Chapter 2 OOC Thread

Post by Bulwark » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:24 am

Whiteness wrote:When will gando show up as an ewok Jedi?
As long as he uses a double bladed lightsaber that is longer than he is, I have no problem with that.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:53 pm

The grendade that was dropped in the courtyard, did it hit me too since I'm in the courtyard as well or was I just out of range of it?
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:02 pm

Furiel wrote:The grendade that was dropped in the courtyard, did it hit me too since I'm in the courtyard as well or was I just out of range of it?
You went out of the north window the courtyard would be more out the front door (west side of the building).
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:17 pm

I was reading up on Ion damage. Ion always does 1/2 damage, even to droids. The only bonus is it does an extra step down the critical track if you pass the droids threshold.
Seems kinda lame to me. I'll stick with my carbine, tyvm.

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:27 pm

Bulwark wrote:I was reading up on Ion damage. Ion always does 1/2 damage, even to droids. The only bonus is it does an extra step down the critical track if you pass the droids threshold.
Seems kinda lame to me. I'll stick with my carbine, tyvm.
I think I know what you read and its misleading. Droids take full ion damage
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Are you sure? It seems pretty clean to me.
Check out the 2nd bullet point on page 160. That kinda reinforces the idea that droids take half damage.
Stun weapons work the same way against organics.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:53 pm

Bulwark wrote:Are you sure? It seems pretty clean to me.
Check out the 2nd bullet point on page 160. That kinda reinforces the idea that droids take half damage.
Look at the description for Ion Grenade and Ion Pistol (pg 129). They specifically note that it does full damage against nonorganics. However like weapons that have a stun setting, you can elect to set the Ion weapons to "stun" droids etc etc is how I'm reading it.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:57 pm

page 129, An ion pistol fires a stream...making it effective against droids, vehicles, electronic devices, and cybernetically enhanced creatures. It deals full damage against such targets and has a chance of pushing its target down the condition track (see ion Damage, page 159). Creatures without cybernetics take half damge from a successful attach and suffer no other ill effect.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:00 am

Blackferne wrote:
Bulwark wrote:Are you sure? It seems pretty clean to me.
Look at the description for Ion Grenade and Ion Pistol (pg 129). They specifically note that it does full damage against nonorganics. However like weapons that have a stun setting, you can elect to set the Ion weapons to "stun" droids etc etc is how I'm reading it.
I got interrupted when I was trying to post, but I had already typed all that garbage so I posted it.

I don't think you can elect to stun with ion, it just stuns droids since regular stun doesn't work on droids, pg 162.
Spoiler:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:19 am

Blackferne wrote:
Whiteness wrote:I didn't think we could use more than one force point in a round or use one for damage.
House rule: In any combat where a party member dies you get to use 2 force points (one for hit and one for damage) once during the encounter. It is the power of grief AKA The Wailer Memorial House Rule.
Can we use a force point for damage in normal situations?
Spoiler:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:45 am

Whiteness wrote:
Blackferne wrote:
Whiteness wrote:I didn't think we could use more than one force point in a round or use one for damage.
House rule: In any combat where a party member dies you get to use 2 force points (one for hit and one for damage) once during the encounter. It is the power of grief AKA The Wailer Memorial House Rule.
Can we use a force point for damage in normal situations?
Yes.
Jounville Blackferne

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:51 am

Blackferne wrote:Days.

Sent from my smartyphone using Tapatalk.
I was looking at the specs on some of these ships, the fighters mainly, and I see that they have 1 week of consumables with a 2x hyperdrive.

Now it seems unlikely that ships were designed to run out of power if they rolled a 4,5 or 6 on a hyperspace. Is this a typo because if it is then it is all over the place or should the hyperspace time be in hours rather than days?
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:03 am

Gandolfini wrote:

I was looking at the specs on some of these ships, the fighters mainly, and I see that they have 1 week of consumables with a 2x hyperdrive.

Now it seems unlikely that ships were designed to run out of power if they rolled a 4,5 or 6 on a hyperspace. Is this a typo because if it is then it is all over the place or should the hyperspace time be in hours rather than days?
Page 237 core rule book, 5th paragraph under the Astrogation heading is where I got the days answer from.
Jounville Blackferne

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:38 am

Blackferne wrote:
Gandolfini wrote:

Page 237 core rule book, 5th paragraph under the Astrogation heading is where I got the days answer from.
Should the consumables be a month then?
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:14 am

Gandolfini wrote:
Blackferne wrote:
Gandolfini wrote:

Should the consumables be a month then?
If you get a fighter or some other ship that has hyperdrive where cargo space is extremely limited. I will allow you to hold up to a month of rations even if the source books say otherwise.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:07 pm

So I've been digging through the core rulebook today and it's wierd, in DnD and even the earlier d20 version Star Wars you could not take the penalty for shooting into melee and instead there was a chance you just hit your friend instead. This version doesn't seem to have that, and honestly I think that's kinda lame. To me you should have the option of being careful or not.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:29 pm

Furiel wrote:So I've been digging through the core rulebook today and it's wierd, in DnD and even the earlier d20 version Star Wars you could not take the penalty for shooting into melee and instead there was a chance you just hit your friend instead. This version doesn't seem to have that, and honestly I think that's kinda lame. To me you should have the option of being careful or not.
Yeah it is kind of weird.

I guess we can hack it after this fight.

Proposal if you elect not to take that penalty the method for seeing if you hit your allies (21-attack roll)+all your modifiers vs the ally's reflex defense. If you roll a 1 you critically hit an ally. If multiple allies could be affected the possible targets roll 1d20 and the lowest is the misfire target.
Jounville Blackferne

Arrican
Deacon

The Taris Event Chapter 2 OOC Thread

Post by Arrican » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:35 pm

A 5% chance to hit an ally who may be grappling or wrestling with someone? I don't think that's all that realistic. I say 50/50. Roll to hit if you hit enough for both reflex defenses which will be limited due to the grappling you roll a 4 sider and 1,3 hit friend 2,4 hit foe.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:35 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Furiel wrote:So I've been digging through the core rulebook today and it's wierd, in DnD and even the earlier d20 version Star Wars you could not take the penalty for shooting into melee and instead there was a chance you just hit your friend instead. This version doesn't seem to have that, and honestly I think that's kinda lame. To me you should have the option of being careful or not.
Yeah it is kind of weird.

I guess we can hack it after this fight.

Proposal if you elect not to take that penalty the method for seeing if you hit your allies (21-attack roll)+all your modifiers vs the ally's reflex defense. If you roll a 1 you critically hit an ally. If multiple allies could be affected the possible targets roll 1d20 and the lowest is the misfire target.
We shouldn't have to hack it really, I have the previous d20 star wars core rulebook, plus the 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0 DnD core players handbooks all in my basement. (+10 geek cred, -50 possibility of getting laid cred) I'll look them up and post them tonight and we can just use them.

The Plush Family:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:38 pm

Arrican wrote:A 5% chance to hit an ally who may be grappling or wrestling with someone? I don't think that's all that realistic. I say 50/50. Roll to hit if you hit enough for both reflex defenses which will be limited due to the grappling you roll a 4 sider and 1,3 hit friend 2,4 hit foe.
If I remember right it's closer to 75/25 you hit who you intend to when firing into melee because you are still aiming for the guy you want to hit, there's just a chance that the flow of the melee combat will put your buddy between you and the opponent at the moment your shot lands.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:40 pm

Arrican wrote:A 5% chance to hit an ally who may be grappling or wrestling with someone? I don't think that's all that realistic. I say 50/50. Roll to hit if you hit enough for both reflex defenses which will be limited due to the grappling you roll a 4 sider and 1,3 hit friend 2,4 hit foe.
While I can see that if grappling or wrestling, if they are using melee weapons they probably have slightly more spacing between them reducing the chance of the 50/50. Like I'm thinking if Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader are fighting with lightsabers and I shoot at Luke and miss it isn't going to be a guaranteed hit on my main man Vader. My system basically is making the inverse of your roll an attack on a friend. So the worse you roll the more likely you are to hit a friend. so taking a Reese (automatic 2) is probably going to hit.
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:50 pm

I feel like if I keep reading this conversation, a pocket protector and some glasses may just spontaneously appear on me and I'll go home to find that I've moved into my mom's basement.
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:55 pm

Dood wrote:I feel like if I keep reading this conversation, a pocket protector and some glasses may just spontaneously appear on me and I'll go home to find that I've moved into my mom's basement.
And since that means San Antonio you can drive up for in person games with Bulwark, Gando, and myself!
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:58 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Dood wrote:I feel like if I keep reading this conversation, a pocket protector and some glasses may just spontaneously appear on me and I'll go home to find that I've moved into my mom's basement.
And since that means San Antonio you can drive up for in person games with Bulwark, Gando, and myself!
Not necessarily. Consider that my mom's current residence has no basement. Therefore we are positing an alternate universe in which the dwelling in which my parents currently live has a basement. Considering the rocky soil of San Antonio, it's highly unlikely that a house down there would have a basement. It would, therefore, be more likely that if my mother's house has a basement, my mother's house is not in San Antonio, but rather some more basement-friendly locale like Oklahoma or Nebraska.

Oh god, it's starting already.
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:01 pm

Dood wrote:
Blackferne wrote:
Not necessarily. Consider that my mom's current residence has no basement. Therefore we are positing an alternate universe in which the dwelling in which my parents currently live has a basement. Considering the rocky soil of San Antonio, it's highly unlikely that a house down there would have a basement. It would, therefore, be more likely that if my mother's house has a basement, my mother's house is not in San Antonio, but rather some more basement-friendly locale like Oklahoma or Nebraska.

Oh god, it's starting already.
So which snack do you prefer your mom make you Dood, hot pockets or pizza rolls?

Also what color sheet are you using to make your fort?

The Plush Family: