The Taris Event Chapter 2 OOC Thread

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Blackferne
Archbishop
Re: The Taris Event Chapter 2 OOC Thread

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:01 pm

Dood wrote:
Blackferne wrote:
Dood wrote:I feel like if I keep reading this conversation, a pocket protector and some glasses may just spontaneously appear on me and I'll go home to find that I've moved into my mom's basement.
And since that means San Antonio you can drive up for in person games with Bulwark, Gando, and myself!
Not necessarily. Consider that my mom's current residence has no basement. Therefore we are positing an alternate universe in which the dwelling in which my parents currently live has a basement. Considering the rocky soil of San Antonio, it's highly unlikely that a house down there would have a basement. It would, therefore, be more likely that if my mother's house has a basement, my mother's house is not in San Antonio, but rather some more basement-friendly locale like Oklahoma or Nebraska.

Oh god, it's starting already.
That argument has some merit as the vast majority of residences in the Central, North and Coastal Texas lack basements, they are not unheard of in this region, they are just rare. So while your parents do not have a basement currently it might be possible for them to find a house in San Antonio capable of containing a basement. So...move to Texas.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:16 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Dood wrote:
Blackferne wrote:
Dood wrote:I feel like if I keep reading this conversation, a pocket protector and some glasses may just spontaneously appear on me and I'll go home to find that I've moved into my mom's basement.
And since that means San Antonio you can drive up for in person games with Bulwark, Gando, and myself!
Not necessarily. Consider that my mom's current residence has no basement. Therefore we are positing an alternate universe in which the dwelling in which my parents currently live has a basement. Considering the rocky soil of San Antonio, it's highly unlikely that a house down there would have a basement. It would, therefore, be more likely that if my mother's house has a basement, my mother's house is not in San Antonio, but rather some more basement-friendly locale like Oklahoma or Nebraska.

Oh god, it's starting already.
That argument has some merit as the vast majority of residences in the Central, North and Coastal Texas lack basements, they are not unheard of in this region, they are just rare. So while your parents do not have a basement currently it might be possible for them to find a house in San Antonio capable of containing a basement. So...move to Texas.
Last night I got to make a drink for Cameron Diaz. Will your state offer me similar random occurrences?
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:20 pm

Dood wrote:Last night I got to make a drink for Cameron Diaz. Will your state offer me similar random occurrences?
In Austin maybe, elsewhere probably not.
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:26 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Dood wrote:Last night I got to make a drink for Cameron Diaz. Will your state offer me similar random occurrences?
I will consider moving to Austin if you are willing to relocate the University of Texas to Mars before I arrive.

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:31 pm

Question about attack rolls: I've seen some people add both their base attack bonus and a 1/2level bonus, but the rule book doesn't say anything about adding 1/2 level bonus to the attack roll. Am I missing something?
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:34 pm

Did you really? What did she order?A Bad Teacher?
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:37 pm

Whiteness wrote:Question about attack rolls: I've seen some people add both their base attack bonus and a 1/2level bonus, but the rule book doesn't say anything about adding 1/2 level bonus to the attack roll. Am I missing something?
They should not be using it on attack rolls, but should be doing it on damage rolls. I will admit I haven't been proofing as closely as I should be.
Jounville Blackferne

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:38 pm

Dood wrote:
Blackferne wrote:
I will consider moving to Austin if you are willing to relocate the University of Texas to Mars before I arrive.
Now, now. If it wasn't for UT-A where would all the waitresses for Bikinis, Hooters, etc come from? :woe:

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:38 pm

Gandolfini wrote:
Well, I made a drink for her...and was then told "I'm going to make the drinks for table 6" by the owner. At the time I had no idea who was at Table 6 or why Jason was making their drinks. I know there's a regular that orders the same thing that CD apparently ordered (a Grey Goose "martini", whore) and insists that Jason makes it because "he makes it the best" (for those not in the know, that means that he puts 2 ounces of vodka in a shaker and shakes it with ice "better" than anyone else).

It wasn't until I walked away that someone told me that Diaz was in the restaurant and then indicated the booth she was at, Table 6.

So I made her a drink, but other than a fleeting glance while grabbing booze from the back storage, I never saw here and she never tasted my carefully crafted masterpiece of cold vodka in a cheap glass.

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:39 pm

Gandolfini wrote:
Dood wrote:
Blackferne wrote:
Now, now. If it wasn't for UT-A where would all the waitresses for Bikinis, Hooters, etc come from? :woe:
See, here in a California we have this thing called "The Beach"...

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:54 pm

Dood wrote:
Gandolfini wrote:
Well, I made a drink for her...and was then told "I'm going to make the drinks for table 6" by the owner. At the time I had no idea who was at Table 6 or why Jason was making their drinks. I know there's a regular that orders the same thing that CD apparently ordered (a Grey Goose "martini", whore) and insists that Jason makes it because "he makes it the best" (for those not in the know, that means that he puts 2 ounces of vodka in a shaker and shakes it with ice "better" than anyone else).

It wasn't until I walked away that someone told me that Diaz was in the restaurant and then indicated the booth she was at, Table 6.

So I made her a drink, but other than a fleeting glance while grabbing booze from the back storage, I never saw here and she never tasted my carefully crafted masterpiece of cold vodka in a cheap glass.
A Grey Goose martini? :head2wall:

Too bad you didn't have a real celebrity like Audrey Saunders or Robert Hess.

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Dood wrote:
Gandolfini wrote:
Dood wrote:
Blackferne wrote:
With water at 34 degrees? No thanks.

Doesn't California have sales tax and income tax?

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:01 pm

Gandolfini wrote:A Grey Goose martini? :head2wall:

We've had Paul Pacault and Steve Olsen in, along with a number of mucky-muck LA bartender types.

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:02 pm

Gandolfini wrote:
Dood wrote:
Gandolfini wrote:
Dood wrote:
Blackferne wrote:

Actually more like 60 degrees, Seattle-boy.

We also don't have a governor trying to eliminate the 12th grade and our freeways all actually link-up (unlike, say, the 1604 and 35).

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:04 pm

Dood wrote:

We've had Paul Pacault and Steve Olsen in, along with a number of mucky-muck LA bartender types.
Were Paul and Steve checking up on their Bar Smarts graduates? :bustedsign:

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:23 pm

Gandolfini wrote:
Dood wrote:

Were Paul and Steve checking up on their Bar Smarts graduates? :bustedsign:
Steve was in for some tequila/mezcal event. Don't know why Paul was in. Probably wanted to overrate some shitty spirit.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:30 pm

So what I'm taking away from your anecdote is that you prepared a drink for someone at a table where a celebrity you didn't see or meet got a shitty "cocktail" made from another guy.

So yeah if that kind of celebrity interaction is what you want, I guess....stay in LA?

(the 12th grade and road comments though strike a nerve :woe: )
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:50 pm

Blackferne wrote:So what I'm taking away from your anecdote is that you prepared a drink for someone at a table where a celebrity you didn't see or meet got a shitty "cocktail" made from another guy.

So yeah if that kind of celebrity interaction is what you want, I guess....stay in LA?

(the 12th grade and road comments though strike a nerve :woe: )
I'm perfectly happy with my shallow interactions with people that don't really want to know me. That's why we're all friends, isn't it?

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Dood wrote:
Gandolfini wrote:
Dood wrote:
Gandolfini wrote:
Dood wrote:
Blackferne wrote:

Actually more like 60 degrees, Seattle-boy.

We also don't have a governor trying to eliminate the 12th grade and our freeways all actually link-up (unlike, say, the 1604 and 35).
You're bragging about California governors? Really?

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Gandolfini wrote:You're bragging about California governors? Really?
Well I tried bragging about the thing that actually made sense: Hot women come to our beaches, which are not 34 degrees (fucking PseudoCanadian). But you decided to ignore logic, much like your current governor, so I figured I would follow suit.

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:16 pm

I miss Jesse The Mind :woe:
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:16 pm

Dood wrote:
Well I tried bragging about the thing that actually made sense: Hot women come to our beaches, which are not 34 degrees (fucking PseudoCanadian). But you decided to ignore logic, much like your current governor, so I figured I would follow suit.

Woah woah woah slow down there partner.

If you are choosing to ignore something you have to at least know what it is you are ignoring.

Perry isn't ignoring logic, he is ignorant of it.
Jounville Blackferne

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:22 pm

Dood wrote:
Not so psuedo. It turns out that virtually all my ancestor on my father's side came to the US via New Brunswick. :woe:

Now I have to end my sentences with "eh?" and be fucking polite.

eh? :woe:

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:28 pm

My house is worth more than it was in 2008. How are thing out there?

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:28 pm

Bulwark wrote:My house is worth more than it was in 2008. How are thing out there?
My rent is awesome! It's down like $200/month!