The Taris Event Chapter 2

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Furiel
Cardinal
Re: The Taris Event Chapter 2

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Eli picks up Wailer's lightsaber, attaches it to Wailer's belt and picks up the Gungan's corpse and throws it over a shoulder

He turns to Fandango

"You have quite the strange hobby there my friend. But any enemy of the Sith is surely a friend of mine. My name is Eli and I owe you one, if I can ever be of service don't hestate to ask. But as you said, there will be more coming so I think it's best if all of us depart this area post haste. You are welcome to join us if you want for our first leg or as far as our journey's take us. It's the least we can do."

Then turning to everyone else

"Talk while you're walking. We need to evac NOW!!"

Eli will start heading to our speeder (which I believe was not blown up), if not then I'm walking in the direction of the starport.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:03 pm

"That doesn't make sense. I only met Jounville Blackferne a year ago. He showed me the error of my ways and I started on a new path. And Lo the wicked and the loathesome shall reap what they sow, for I am the reaper, for I am the fist and the sword of the Lord, for vengeance and anger are my tools towards bringing evil to its knees, and in my righteous wake justice shall be served. -Book of Ichabod Chapter 3 verse 19. When Jounville Blackferne instructed me I took on a new name. I chose a name after the man who introduced Jounville Blackferne to the ways of Alvis, a Cheese Fandango. And I was baptized Fandango although I cannot drink." He stands and open his duster and shirt to reveal a droid body.

Fandango points to So Leet "You may take the bodies, but the processors are mine."

@ Eli the speeder is still there.

"And Eli, you will need my assistance further if you intend to depart from the planet."

Fandango grabs the last processor, throws it in his satchel and begins to follow.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:07 pm

"What do we do with Wailer? We need to notify his master...let her know that he gave his life for us...and then there's his ship as well
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:11 pm

Whiteness wrote:"What do we do with Wailer? We need to notify his master...let her know that he gave his life for us...and then there's his ship as well
Goon 5, Ro'Talth and Ra'Wen follow you guys. With one functional speeder that seats 8 you have to decide what to do. The current list of people who are in your party are:

Bulwark
So Leet
Eli
Fandango
Dood
Klak
Syric
Cuspar
Ra'Wen
Ro'Talth
Goon 5
and the corpse of Wailer.

So you have 8 seats and 12 butts.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:13 pm

Whiteness wrote:"What do we do with Wailer? We need to notify his master...let her know that he gave his life for us...and then there's his ship as well
Eli looks back over the shoulder that isn't carrying Wailer and while still walking off say

"We have 2 living pilots, and it appears Fandango has a plan to get us off planet. We take his ship with us, then when we are clear of the Sith here we can auto-program his ship to fly to a jedi enclave somewhere with his preserved corpse, his belongings and a message noting his bravery and sacrifice so that they can give him the honorable burial and recordings of his heroics in the jedi archives where it belongs."
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:15 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Goon 5, Ro'Talth and Ra'Wen follow you guys. With one functional speeder that seats 8 you have to decide what to do. The current list of people who are in your party are:

Bulwark
So Leet
Eli
Fandango
Dood
Klak
Syric
Cuspar
Ra'Wen
Ro'Talth
Goon 5
and the corpse of Wailer.

So you have 8 seats and 12 butts.
9 or 10 seats depending on whether or not we can feasibly seat 2 on the speederbike So Leet stole...

The Plush Family:

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:15 pm

Cuspar turns to Ro'Talth. We need to get off this planet now. The Sith are headed for your boss, undoubtedly, and if you turn that commlink on, they'll send enough droids to finish the job. If you so much as try to turn it on, my friend with the rebar will have to stop you from doing so. In fact, please hand your commlink to Eli now.

Persuasion: 10+7=17.

Now, you know as well as we do, that your only means of making it out of today alive is with us. Once we are clear of this Sith, and I have no doubt that my colleague So Leet will get us clear of the Sith, we will put you down on a planet friendly to your boss. And you'll put us on track to get back Jounville Blackferne. Won't you.

Cuspar's eyes narrow.

Persuasion (Intimidation): 19+7=26 (all I'm good for is persuasion rolls apparently)
Cuspar

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:21 pm

"Do we have time to rig the expolosives in the villa in case they come looking for what dropped all these droids?"
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:23 pm

"Boss what about Kunga." Goon 5 asks. Ro'Talth looks at him in a quiet face of contemplation.

"With the contingent the Sith sent north, presumably to his compound, I would not expect Kunga to be alive, nor anyone else in that compound." Fandango says flatly.

Ro'Talth looks to Cuspar. He hands over his commlink to Cuspar. "If robot boy is right about the Sith headed north, there won't be any planets friendly to my boss. I'm functionally unemployed with all of my old turf about to devolve into an Exchange power vacuum feeding frenzy. If it is okay with you we'll stick around with you until we find a place we can drop off the grid."

@Eli you can have 2 on So Leet's speeder so that is still 10.

@ Whitey
"You have 6 minutes I'm guessing." Fandango says. "But they will know I was involved." He holds up a harvested processor from his bag.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:24 pm

"Every second we spend here is another second of our lead lost. Ra'Wen, do you have a personal speeder or vehicle that's not a smoking ruin here?"

Eli will look for for any speeders nearby that can be "borrowed"

Perception: 1d20+8 = 15+8=23

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Furiel wrote:"Every second we spend here is another second of our lead lost. Ra'Wen, do you have a personal speeder or vehicle that's not a smoking ruin here?"

"I have a sporty 2 seater around the corner parked on the street."
She says pretty shook up.
Jounville Blackferne

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:26 pm

Ok she's got 2. We have 8 in the land speeder and 2 on the bike. And I grab the least beat up droid and throw it in the trunk.

"everyone grab a droid and get them in the building. NOW!!! Trust me on this one.

While everyone is is dragging in the droids I start rigging the explosives on a structural corner with a 15 minute timer. And ask Eli to put the couch in front of the explosives so it definitely blows out the wall and maybe blows the couch into whoever or whatever is in the room.

That should take about as long as it should take rawen to get her ride over here. Again no dice at work.

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:29 pm

"All right, I'll take her speeder and put Wailer in with me. So and our new droid friend on the bike and the rest in the rental."
Spoiler:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:31 pm

"So I might need your help convincing the Jedi's droid to let us take his ship when we get there."
Spoiler:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:31 pm

"If I may have the keys then m'lady I believe we'll be needing it to make our escape. Since we're going to be running sans cargo to our next destination it seems I think we might even be able to take it with us..."

I'll take her speeder and dump Wailer's body in the passenger's seat.
So Leet can take his speeder with the droid body he wants
Everyone else piles in the rental and we're off

Edit: or Syric can take it, either way

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:39 pm

Fandango looks at So Leet after his order with a cocked head. "I don't see the tactical advantage you are attempting to obtain, but if you insist." And he drags one of the droid bodies into the building.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:39 pm

Arrican wrote:Ok she's got 2. We have 8 in the land speeder and 2 on the bike. And I grab the least beat up droid and throw it in the trunk.

"everyone grab a droid and get them in the building. NOW!!! Trust me on this one.

While everyone is is dragging in the droids I start rigging the explosives on a structural corner with a 15 minute timer. And ask Eli to put the couch in front of the explosives so it definitely blows out the wall and maybe blows the couch into whoever or whatever is in the room.

That should take about as long as it should take rawen to get her ride over here. Again no dice at work.
While not fond of the delay if others start dragging droids then Eli will help to expediate the process

The Plush Family:

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Ill drag a droid body.
Cuspar

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Oh I misread that as 16 minutes....(and that's the fucking story I'm sticking to).

"LET'S GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!!!!

Ooc:grumble damn gm and not wanting civilian deaths.

"Start giving directions Fandango!!!

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:01 pm

TO THE SHIPYARD! Dood totally does not yell that because yelling would be counterproductive.
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:04 pm

Arrican wrote:Oh I misread that as 16 minutes....(and that's the fucking story I'm sticking to).

"LET'S GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!!!!

Ooc:grumble damn gm and not wanting civilian deaths.

"Start giving directions Fandango!!!
"If you have ships at the starport, I have codes which will allow you to not arouse suspicion until they are able to make visual contact with your ship and realize you are not in fact a Sith Personnel carrier." Fandango says flatly climbing onto the back of So Leet's speeder bike. "You know how to drive this thing right? Should I pilot it? I am a very skilled pilot."
Jounville Blackferne

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:07 pm

"You can drive

Checks to make sure the back of his duster doesn't day "if you can read this, the big headed bitch fell off"

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:13 pm

The motorcade makes it's way through the streets away from the villa complex and as you get about a kilometer away you see two Personnel Carrier drop ships headed towards the villas.

"They are not going to like what they saw."
Fandango says with a slight chuckle coming from his vocabulator to So Leet.

The speeders are ditched a block away from the star port and you all make your way through the crowd to all the people who live on ships that are returning in accordance with the Municipal Authority's order to seek shelter. Ro'Talth and Ra'Wen covered their heads as they got out of the speeder and followed Cuspar onto the SD. The rest of you are outside the two ships with Wailer's body.

Slick opens the ramp and comes out. He sees Wailer's corpse hung over Eli's shoulder and whines.
Jounville Blackferne

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:13 pm

That is the end of Chapter 2. Character sheets for those who need new ones and I will start the new threads for Chapter 3.
Jounville Blackferne