The Taris Event Chapter 2

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Blackferne
Archbishop
The Taris Event Chapter 2

Post by Blackferne » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:22 pm

Previously on The Taris Event

Arillus said: "I called you all here because my boy is missing. This isn’t like one of his normal drunken escapades. Hell I wish it were that since that just is waiting for a cantina owner to contact me about a bar tab to come pick him up."

"It looks like Jounville upset the wrong person. I’m no expert, but I don’t think the Sith employ many Gamorreans. And that doesn’t look like the work of the Republic. Either the Exchange or some other criminal outfit got him, or maybe some local government." Bulwark said

Eoc speaks up "Kunga is a minor Crime boss operating mostly out of Bryx though he does have a few systems he frequents. I mean he is a bit player in the Exchange and not a major guy like Sargo, but you don't even get to be a minor boss unless you are willing to melt someone's face in acid to prove a point."

Captain Hortell: "Jounville Blackferne. No use hiding. Those farmers can't lie for you any longer. We don't want to hurt you, the Empire just wants a brief word. Come talk to your old pal Hortell. I brought Quax with me too."

Arillius :"I'll tell you some jobs don't pay enough to die for and this is one of them. Forgive my crew here they are just trying to get on my good side. I'm Saul Avenes and this is my crew trying to recover a stolen luxury yacht."

Solumnos: "Hi! Um...err...well, these are my associates...", glancing at Arillius nervously, "And yeah...we're um...looking for a yacht...a stolen yacht....that um...got stolen....", blinking his large eyes solemnly, "I'm fine thanks....How are you?"

Eli over a gravestone: "Gentlemen, you led a hard life out here on the rim, and your reward for that was to be gunned down by Sith marauders because you got caught in a fight that wasn't yours. You deserved a better fate than that, and while I cannot provide you a better future I swear to you on this day that I will not allow your deaths to go unpunished. Hortell and I will meet again, and on that day your needless deaths will be avenged."

So Leet: "Buppo is transport company owner who has gotten swamped with a surplus of goods and is apparently hiring anyone and everyone to haul some of his warehouse to the core worlds."

Eli: "That's great and all but if we wanted to play that game who would vouch for you? Fact of the matter is generally speaking we all barely know each other, but what we do know is that we all are in one way or another acquainted and friendly with Jounville. Enough so that he had apparently talked us up to others close to him so that when he was in trouble we were the ones they turned to. So if we want to make this work then we're going to have to trust each other."

Unnamed Mon Cal: "My ears might be playing tricks on me, but did you say Jounville?" After he asks he drops a worn copy of the Book of Alvis on the table.

Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Blackferne
Archbishop

Re: The Taris Event Chapter 2

Post by Blackferne » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:44 pm

Arillius looks at the worn book then up at the Mon Cal. "And who are you?"
Jounville Blackferne

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:54 pm

"I'm sorry for barging in,"says the Mon Cal in surprisingly flowing basic, "But I've travelled the galaxy in the name of Alvis, and I've never heard the name "Jounville" unless it's followed by "Blackferne"."

The Mon Calamari is dressed in camouflage pants, and wears a worn leather jacket with insignias on the sleeve over a military tank top. He has a somewhat yellowish color, and minimal mottling. He has the unmistakable smell of sea salt and fish. He is carrying a minimal amount of gear, but it is obvious that he is not at his destination. The Mon Calamari does not hestitate to continue talking to the group, in spite of the suspicious looks they are giving him.

"I'm Cuspar Inirv'E. I assume you all to be brothers in the faith on your way to Lok to see Jounville - he always told me something big would happen in Mesa de Venganza one day, but I never imagined the spirit of Alvis would compel so many to go there at once! Alvis be praised!

Cuspar repeats "Alvis be praised" in several other languages before taking a stunningly long pull on a mug of something that smells like a mix between a Correlian ale and a bowl of (uncooked) seafood chowder.
Cuspar

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:10 pm

My apologies but you seem to be mistaken on several counts, as our destination is definately not Lok and I also assure you not all of us are, what was the term you used, brothers of the faith? However if you would care to join us I am curious to know your connection to Jounville. Did you meet in the military perhaps, or after that time?

Eli is watching Klak out of the corner of his eye to see if there is any flicker of recognition...

Perception 5+7 = 12
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:45 pm

Cuspar, Cuspar...stinky fish Cuspar..Syric thinks as he racks his brain for any memory that had survived the rigorous life of "praising" all Alvian braincells face. I'm pretty sure I remember Jounville telling a story about some stinky fishfaced Alvian

Ah yes, I think a mutual friend may have mentioned you, why don't you have a seat so we can speak privately Syric says as he motions to the seat intended for Solumnos.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:49 pm

"Not brothers in the faith,"Cuspar sighs. "Not brothers in the faith." Cuspar says something in High Galactic. Taking another swig of the reeking brew, and returning to basic, he says with a very charismatic smile and laugh, "Not brothers in the faith... yet..."

"My friend Jounville and I most definitely did NOT meet in the military, although our mutually glowing military successes certainly brought us together. That, and fishing, anyway!"

Cuspar looks at the empty seat Syric is motioning to, and scans the group for any overt signs of danger.

Perception: 15+13=28
Cuspar

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:52 pm

@Furiel your perception check on Klak comes back vacant, much like his drunken haze most of the time
@ Cuspar you do sense that this is a dangerous group, but not towards you
Jounville Blackferne

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:56 pm

Bulwark looks up at the suspicious looking Mon Calamari. he takes a long breath in through his nose and mutters, "and I thought the dog smelled bad."

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:57 pm

Cuspar sits down in the chair. Gesturing to his slightly steaming mug, he asks "May I buy you men a mug of Quarrenese plankto-ale, in Alvis' name?

[OOC: Did Cuspar hear Bulwark? Perception: 10+13=23]
Cuspar

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:03 pm

@Cuspar. Yes you heard it.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:08 pm

Well that was cryptic enough. Care to expand on that? Preferably in a way that doesn't lead to more questions than answers...

And I'll pass on the plankto-ale thanks.

Eli puts his elbows on the table, clasps his hands and rests his chin on his hands and stares intently at the Mon Cal
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:18 pm

"I don't know him." Klak says looking to Cuspar. "But I don't turn down any ale. I'll pray to Alvis, even over horrible smelling ale, if its free."

"So Cuspar, from this Alvian Soldiers eyes you look to have some sort of military training? Was it that you left before your time like Joun and I or did you get tossed out for something more sinister?" Klak recognized some military training in the Mon Cal but not much more.

Surveying the group as they sat in the bar Klak grew anxious to get on with the task at hand. "Well friends, I don't know if its the smell of the Mon Cal's ale or the fact that its actually making me more sober, but I think its about time to get ourselves a ship. If anyone want to go see to one, I think a strong soldier like myself could help them bargain. I mean who wouldn't want to offer a great deal to a fine veteran like me?" Klak sat back in his chair and waited for anyone interested in going to procure a ship.
This... I Command!

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:19 pm

@Bulwark I apologize for the smell. The Quarrenese ale is rather pungent, but so delightful. I may have the stench of Dac's best seafood on me as well - my ride to Tattooine from Mon Calamari was aboard one of my father's shipping frigates that was bringing some "finger foods" to some local Hutts.

@Eli Well, before I bore you to tears with fishing stories, I must ask - has Jounville left Lok?

@Reese If expulsion from the Mon Calamari Military Academy is what you mean, then yes sir. I am an Admiral, in THAT sense.
Cuspar

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:20 pm

Listen friend, I don't know about everyone but you can count Klak and I as brothers in the faith. But to put the rest of these fine gentlemen at ease, maybe you would indulge us and tell us how you know Jounville Syric says to Cuspar before looking around the table.

And I'd prefer if you kept your voice down, as it says in the good book "And it shall be; for whenever Alvis was around, no matter whose game was interrupted, Alvis took vengeance on the interrupters. " Syric paused to take a sip from his own flask, And we don't have time for more interruptions
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:24 pm

Bulwark's ears perk up as he heas Cuspar mention his father's frigates.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Syric's words transform Cuspar.

So there ARE brothers here. Alvis be praised. I met Jounville several years ago, fishing on Correlia. He introduced me to the Alvian ways, and I have travelled the galaxy learning more of Alvis, and spreading the word to whomever I may. Jounville and I became very good friends over many years. I last saw him four years ago, and recently simply felt drawn to visit him at home on Lok. Although I fear that may not be where I will next see him.

Cuspar reaches for his Book of Alvis and opens it to a middle page. He points to a word written in the margin. "FANDANGO". I noticed this in the margin, and I meant to ask him about it. Does it mean anything to either of you brothers?
Cuspar

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:43 pm

Perception 16+8=24 - do I detect any deception on the part of the Mon Cal?

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:52 pm

Furiel wrote:Perception 16+8=24 - do I detect any deception on the part of the Mon Cal?
@Eli Nope. He is the salt of the sea in earnestness.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:05 pm

I think you were brought here for a reason Cuspar

To answer you question, no Jou.., that is our mutual friend is not on Lok and going forward I think we should stop mentioning his name for the time being. I'm just going to call him 'Porkchop' when there's so many ears around Syric says with a smile.

Anyways, the quick version is Porkchop's been kidnapped so we're looking for him and we're not the only ones. We're trying to get a ship to Bryx but we find our credits lacking.
Spoiler:

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:16 pm

Brothers, I pledge my credits and my self to find our friend. But I must ask, if all of you here are NOT Alvians, why are you looking for... Porkchop?
Cuspar

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:49 pm

As an Alvian you should know what kind of people are on the paths we walk, Por' Kchoppe just gets around I guess Syric says with a shrug.

Now, what was that you said about your father's frigates?
Spoiler:

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:04 pm

Wailer shrugs. "Missa master told missa to help find jounville. Until da is done mesa stuck with yossa."
Wailer begins looking around for a waitress or droid to order another drink.
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Dood tries to think of anything relating to "FANDANGO" that rings a bell.

Galactic Lore: Roll(1d20)+6: 2,+6 Total:8

[ooc]And this is what happens when Dood tries to think[/ooc]

It's good to meet another brother in The Faith, brother Cuspar.
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Everyone here has there own reasons to find porkchop. I can't speak for any of the others, but im just in this to get back a nice sum of credits he owes me

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:18 pm

My father Fossar's business is shipping, so I managed to convince the Captain that my father was sending me aboard to audit shipping processes. My father's business, unfortunately, is not indulging the whims of a son who chooses not to be a part of a shipping empire. The Amgus has surely returned to Dac, and the Captain was fairly non-plussed when he mentioned something about me to my father on final approach and learned that I was more of a stowaway than an auditor.

Cuspar laughs, but can see the disappointed looks around the table.

A ship, I can't provide. But we may be somehow able to exploit my father's influence in the shipyards, if there are any spacers with knowledge of Fossar Shipping. Have you made any contacts in the shipyard?

@Dood Aye. Alvis be with you, too.

@Bulwark The smell of old credits is far worse than that of Quarrenese ale.
Cuspar