The Taris Event Chapter 1

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Whiteness
Priest
Re: The Taris Event Chapter 1

Post by Whiteness » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:47 pm

Syric heads for the Dusty Bantha anxious to update his comrades with the information he had acquired.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:57 pm

"Yeah, unfortunately."
Adds another 10 credits.
"They say you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family, even the adopted ones who have a pronounced learning disability and compulsion to spout more stupidity than a horny gurk."
These morons are going to get me killed.
Alright, small timer on Bryx, who is into pod race fixing. Good 'nuff. I definitely appreciate the tidbits of knowledge and as long as I'm in town I'll be drinking and tipping here.
Takes his drink and finds the table with the Bulwark and Klak.
@Klak - "Let me handle the talking. Thx!

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:10 am

Wailer settles up with the bartender and joins So Leet at the table.
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:21 am

Upon entering the establishment Syric easily picked out the Zabrak and headed for the table.
I've got some leads but I'd rather not be overheard
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:02 am

Reese wrote:Klak sits back down but this time next to Bulwark. He leans in close and whispers as quietly as possible to Bulwark hoping the barkeep wont notice as he talks to So Leet "Can I borrow 4 credits? Wait actually I better tip him. How about 10 credits?"
Bulwark turns to Klak with an exhausted look on his face, "I'm on this little errand to make money, not lose it. It looks like your friend with the eye makeup paid your tab. Perhaps you should spend less time acting tough with the bartender and more time keeping track of your credits." With that, Bulwark leaves the bar and heads over to the tables with the others.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Eoc walks in and scans the room. After spotting Bulwark he walks over and takes a seat. "Rowan Dusat" looking at Syric "will be here shortly, he is talking to a few people before meeting up. So how are we looking?"
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Syric looks around and determines the noise of the cantina provides enough cover to speak privately.

It seems that Kunga the Hutt is in some sort of hot water with a major Exchange player named Sargo. Like we've been told, Kunga is hunkering down on Bryx, but he rarely leaves his compound. His main advisor apparently leaves from time to time to visit his mistress.
Spoiler:

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:50 pm

[ooc]Am I within earshot of all of this? If so, I stay where I am, if not, I'd like to try to unobtrusively move closer while being able to hopefully keep my eye on whether or not anyone else follows Eoc or Arrillius in[/ooc]

Stealth (if I'm moving): Roll(1d20)+14: 17,+14 Total:31
Perception (if I need to reroll because I may have moved): Roll(1d20)+8: 20,+8 Total:28
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:54 pm

@ Dood you move in closer into earshot and catch the tail end of what Syric says.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:44 pm

Eli finally arrives at the Dusty Bantha several minutes late. He stops at the bar and orders a water, pays for it then heads over to the table.

Sorry I'm late, the locals can't give directions worth a damn around here. Where are Dood, Solumnus and our pilot?
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:40 pm

Shortly after Eli arrives Arillius walks into the bar tosses 10 credits on the bar gets two drinks and heads to the table. He hands one to Eoc. "Dood I wasn't followed so you can come out from under the couch like a good puppy. Where is Solumnos and that dumb droid?" He looks around.

"The way I see it, if you guys are interested in saving Jounville you need a ship. That allows you to plot your own course, hide, run, and have a base of operations. I can't stay with you because I've got to assume that if people found out who I am, then I become a pawn in a bigger game. I used to skulk around the galaxy once when I was younger, I'm sure I can avoid proper society again even if it has been a few years. I sold my speeder bikes to get you guys some start up cash, ten thousand credits for the pair. That won't be enough for a ship, but it could be a down payment or even a third of the cost if you got one cheap enough. If you guys go down that road you will need to finance the rest of the ship either by traditional banking, a loan shark, or you could get a work to own system going with a patron who fronts the remaining capital towards the purchase. I talked to a few people I know and got you guys incorporated as Aderbrent Services. Syric Frost is listed as CEO and Dood is listed as CFO. The reason I did that is Syric is pretty handy on a con job based on his handy work and you want people like that being who 'clients' talk to, and I knew enough of Dood's financial information from when he worked for me to fill out the documents. Not saying you guys need to run with that, just saying I laid down the foundation if you guys need to use it. I know a few names here in Mos Eisley if you guys need a lead on buying a ship or finding work to help pay for it, but Eoc and I have to split within the day and after that I'll be pretty hard to find and you guys will be on your own. I'll help as I can, but that can be difficult from the shadows."
Jounville Blackferne

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:47 pm

Dood wanders over to the table and shoots Arrilius a puzzled look.

Damn he's good.

This sounds like a good idea to me. I wonder what the odds are that we can find a work-to-own with a job taking us near Bryx.

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:50 pm

Let me go talk to Bran, see if he knows anyone who might be up for something like that.
Heads over to Bran to discuss various shipyards in the area, or any merchants who may no longer be in the traveling game, but still want to make a cut from their shipping enterprises.

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:32 pm

Well it looks like 'work-to-own' is probably our best, and only, bet. I think I'd rather go with Rowan's contacts over whatever the bartender tells So Syric says as he continues to think.

Looking up at Arillius he states Although if we're trying to keep you out of the mix, maybe we should avoid your contacts...
Spoiler:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:09 pm

"Hey I said I knew a few names, not that I had contacts. You travel around the galaxy as a transport captain as long as I have you learn who pays and who doesn't. I haven't worked out here in probably ten years, so I don't have contacts, but some of the names I heard of are still in play. I found that out while setting up your company and chatting with the clerk." Arillius said leaning back.
Jounville Blackferne

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:17 am

"So here's what I found out from Bran. There is one used shipyard run by a Zeid Pentar, he's a character, but our budget might fit... As for work opportunities we've got the illustrious Votar, Buppo, and Tsont'ar.

Votar is a merchant who is under house arrest for some violations of some kind. Bran doesn't know exactly what. He apparently is looking for runners during his arrest.

Buppo is transport company owner who has gotten swamped with a surplus of goods and is apparently hiring anyone and everyone to haul some of his warehouse to the core worlds.

Tsont'ar isn't some one Bran knows directly, but rather has heard is looking for a skilled crew for a special job. There is apparently some kind of test for employment, but the pay is supposed to be good.

I'm good with whichever. I'd rather try to keep this as far above board as possible since I'm pretty sure we're going to be breaking a shit ton of galactic regulations. My vote is for Buppo, see if he's got anything going to the general area of Bryx, we make the drop using one of his ships and then sidetrack or vice versa, side track first, then the drop."

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:17 am

Bulwark nods, "Buppo sounds like the best bet for what we are looking for."

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:01 am

Buppo, Dood nods.

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:20 am

I agree with Buppo, but we're going to have to the shipyard to see how much a ship is going to run us Syric says before looking around the cantina.

And someone's going to have to find Solumnos. At best he's just lost and at worst he's playing for a different team and needs to be eliminated
Spoiler:

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:42 am

Dood glares at Syric.

I'll vouch for Solumnos. He's around here somewhere - and I'll go find him if we have to. He's superior and overbearing and a terrible pazaak player, but he's honorable and loyal.

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:58 pm

"He's probably still in the ship. I think he said something about being allergic to direct sunlight."

Deception 14 + 0 = 14

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:37 pm

Dood wrote:Dood glares at Syric.

I'll vouch for Solumnos. He's around here somewhere - and I'll go find him if we have to. He's superior and overbearing and a terrible pazaak player, but he's honorable and loyal.
Eli gets a very stern look on his face and looks slowly around the table as he is speaking, starting with Dood and Syric

That's great and all but if we wanted to play that game who would vouch for you? Fact of the matter is generally speaking we all barely know each other, but what we do know is that we all are in one way or another acquianted and friendly with Jounville. Enough so that he had apparently talked us up to others close to him so that when he was in trouble we were the ones they turned to. So if we want to make this work then we're going to have to trust each other. Do we need to pour out our life stories to each other, no, but a basic level of trust that we are going to work together and make the best decision we can given the information we have to accomplish our goals, which I think are actually two-fold. 1 is obviously rescuing Jounville. The secondary would be making sure whatever he knows or whatever he acquired that Hortell is after to make sure he doesn't get it.

Eli's face changes to a decidedly unpleasant looking grin...
And hopefully accomplishing goal 2 will also include beating him to death.

<brief pause>
And then shifts into the normal blank look you've become accustomed to
So we have a lead on a ship. I missed part of the conversation though, do we have any leads on Kunga or any ideas on what we're going to do when we get to Bryx?
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:03 pm

"Not to play a trump card here, but I'll vouch for Dood as he flew with me and Joun a few years back. But your larger point is true Eli. You guys all know Joun from his 'vagabond' days or military service. You may not be the people I'd recruit specifically for this type of job." Arillius says as he looks at Klak, "Or the kind I'd expect for this job" as he turns to Wailer "but the point is you are here, Jounville is missing and you have a chance to find him." Arillius sighs. "This is a critical point. I can't go on with you, so if you don't want help, if the stakes are too high, or you think you are in over your head you can hop a transport to wherever you want to go. I'll even pay for the ticket. But if Jounville means as much to you as you say he does, then this is where you form up with those of like mind and make a go of it." He takes out a small envelope and places it on the table. "He's your start up money."

As he is speaking a 30 something Mon Cal with a worn leather jacket at the bar turns around and approaches the table. "My ears might be playing tricks on me, but did you say Jounville?" After he asks he drops a worn copy of the Book of Alvis on the table.
Jounville Blackferne