The Taris Event Chapter 1

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Blackferne
Archbishop
Re: The Taris Event Chapter 1

Post by Blackferne » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:02 pm

While burying the two farmers Arillius writes the following message in the dirt with his feet to Dood and Eli before erasing it.

After jump hyperspace, we check for fleas
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:04 pm

Klak picks his rifle back up and takes the travel mug back out. After draining the mug of its remaining contents he looks to Arillius "Yeah SAUL, I know where you can find a rock to hide under" he says looking towards Bulwark. "Im all for heading to the spaceport, lets see if anyone has seen Joun recently. Lets also see to some more booze to keep the energy flowing."
This... I Command!

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:19 pm

"I wonder what I can do with this thing." Indicating the bug."There's a chance I can flip it to at least figure out where they're tracing from, but most of these will set off an alarm if they are messed with in the wrong way. Any preference whether I tinker with this or not?"

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:42 pm

Arrican wrote:"I wonder what I can do with this thing." Indicating the bug."There's a chance I can flip it to at least figure out where they're tracing from, but most of these will set off an alarm if they are messed with in the wrong way. Any preference whether I tinker with this or not?"
"I'd just as soon leave it as not. No use tracing it back to the Sith, we know He's not with them. Though it would be nice to piggy back on it and see if anyone else shows up looking for him." Bulwark motions towards Arillius, "Ask Saul, it's his show."

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:28 am

Once the burial is complete Eli dusts himself off, pulls his rebar club off his belt and stands over the graves with it held vertically in front of him in both hands and he lowers his head...

"Gentlemen, you led a hard life out here on the rim, and your reward for that was to be gunned down by Sith marauders because you got caught in a fight that wasn't yours. You deserved a better fate than that, and while I cannot provide you a better future I swear to you on this day that I will not allow your deaths to go unpunished. Hortell and I will meet again, and on that day your needless deaths will be avenged."

Eli stands silent for another few seconds, then he puts his club away and walks to the speeder truck...

"Let's get this show on the road, clocks ticking on Joun..."
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:34 am

Wailer returns Arillius' jacket and puts his robe back on.
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:55 am

"Before we leave I want everyone to get a look at what that bug looks like. Being able to spot what they use will make it easier in the future." Arillius says walking into the church.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:44 pm

Eli turns from the truck and walks silently into the church
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Happyclam
Deacon

Post by Happyclam » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Solumnos moves over to take a look at the bug when the area is clear.

Knowledge Technology - 5 + 13 + 5 = 23

That die generator must be fucking broken.

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:11 pm

Bulwark heads over towards the transport and takes a seat.

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:28 pm

After examining the bug, Dood hops onto the transport.

Let's get moving.
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:56 pm

Anxious to get going, Syric takes a look at the bug before heading over to the transport and finding a seat away from the others.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:14 pm

Klak pokes his head inside to see the bug then turns and hops in the transport. "I'm with Dood, its time to go."
This... I Command!

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:23 pm

Bug examined Eli heads back out and gets in the truck.

The Plush Family:

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:01 pm

So Leet hops in the bus.

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:40 pm

After examining the bug, Wailer gets on the transport humming "Da wheels onda bus goin round and round".

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Bulwark wonders how big this transport is...
Knowledge: LIfe Science =2 +6 = 8
"It's as big as a whale." He mutters to himself. "and it's about to set sail."
Bulwark ponder's it's carrying capacity.
Perception = 8 + 8 = 16
"It seats about 20."
Bulwark yells to Arillius, "Hurry up."
Bulwark wonders if you can pick up any good stations this far out on Lok. "...and bring your juke box money"

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:07 pm

Arillus starts up the speeder and begins a route north to the starport that is clearly not the main path, but rather an auxiliary. "I feel bad I nearly got you all killed back there by asking you to come to this dumb rock. I might have convinced Captain Hortell I'm Saul for now, but when I landed the Blue Nova a week ago at the starport I did it under my own name. We may be in for a rough arrival when get there, or the ship might have been tagged. Either way I don't think we can stick around long asking questions. We will launch and go to Coruscant and figure out where to go from there." He lets out a worry filled sigh.

"Also anyone who sings nursery rhymes in any vehicle I own or lease can get out and walk. And yes that applies to us being in deep space. This is your final warning."

The speeder pulls up to the starport and makes its way pats agricultural freighters to a semicircled light freighter with the cockpit off center on the starboard side. He sends Eoc to return the Speeder and makes his way on board.

"If you have anything you want to do on Lok this is your last chance. We take off in 10 minutes."
Jounville Blackferne

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:25 pm

Bulwark exits the transport and walks around the exterior of the Blue Nova, occasionally poking his head into openings around the exterior of the craft.
Perception 11+8 = 19

"I checked around the outside of your ship looking for trackers. You have a lot of after-market extras on her. There are a couple of things that may or may not be trackers." He motions for Arillius. "Take a look at these." he says while pointing to several small boxes attached to the port landing gear hydrolics.

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:30 pm

Dood follows Bulwark around the outside of the ship, tapping on various panels and running his hands along grooves in the fuselage.

Perception - Roll(1d20)+8: 13,+8 Total:21
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:40 pm

"Weesa should check with da port master to see if what ships left soon after Jounville was captur" Wailer mentions. "Possib even a few name might help narrow weesa search."

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:19 pm

"Just get on the damn ship." Arillius ushers everyone on board and heads to the cockpit. He and Eoc flip switches motion at a few screens. The ship rises leaving a wake of dust knocked up from the ground. "Blue Nova headed for Coruscant. Echo Delta Foxtrot requesting permission to depart."

"Permission granted Captain Blackferne. Have a safe trip." A voice responds over the intercom.

The Blue Nova ascends out of the atmosphere over the span of a few minutes.

"Plotting Coruscant into the Navcomputer Captain."
Eoc says punching a few buttons and turning a few dials.

"Here we go." Arillius pushes a lever. The stars take on a linear pattern familiar to anyone who travels in hyperspace before morphing into a blueish white swirl.

"And here we stop" Arillius punches a few keys on the Navcomputer.

A clunk sound greets the ship as the Blue Nova falls out of hyperspace.

"As you can probably guess by our short travel time we are no where near Coruscant. In all honesty we are no where near anything." Arillius says looking at the scope. "When I landed a week ago I did so under my real name not knowing what we were walking into. During that time my ship has just been sitting at the spaceport. Anyone with the know how could have snuck on board and done who knows what. At this point I need to drop off the grid, and this ship needs to drop off the grid. And I need your help. We didn't have much time in the spaceport, but I want this ship searched top to bottom. This includes two men walking the outside of the ship in magnetic footed suits looking for bugs that matched what we saw in the church on the outside. We need searches of the interior panels. I want a program scan of every system on this ship. Only two kinds of coding should be in place, the manufacturer's or mine. Anything else I want spliced out of the code and dropped on a datapad for us to look at. I want the interior of this ship searched for bugs. I need someone to swap out all the registry coding and id tags for this chip with a wrecked YT-800 databox I have in the cargo hold. I need to whip up some new ID tags for myself as well and take about 10 years off my face. And I figure at best we have about 36 hours to do all this before we need to jump again if we were being followed. So who's doing what?"
Jounville Blackferne

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:26 pm

"Anything tech or mechanical I can handle with some help. You want code scrubbed I can do that too."
Mechanics 7+10 = 17
Use Computer 9+10 = 19
Knowledge Technology 20+10 = 30 (Lovely use of a natural 20, which means I'm probably going to find anything wrong, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to fix it.)
Perception 11+10 = 21

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:29 pm

I'll assist with the searching either inside or out, whichever is needed.

Perception 14+7 = 21 on wherever I'm searching

The Plush Family:

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:48 pm

I’m not much for hanging out in the vacuume for long periods of time; I’ll let the bothan do that. I’ll start poking around the inside. Arillius, Is there anything hidden in the back of your sock drawers that you would rather us not see?

Bulwark begins a thorough search of the ship
Perception (taking 20) = 20 + 8 = 28