The Taris Event Chapter 1

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Gandolfini
Priest
Re: The Taris Event Chapter 1

Post by Gandolfini » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:54 pm

Wailer heads off towards the trade district looking for an exotic weapons store. (OOC :You never know! I found all kinds of great stuff on the auction terminal!)
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:26 pm

Dood dons his all-weather duster and doo-rag and heads to the cantina.

He looks for the best place to watch the entrance without being noticed (preferably out of sight) and then takes up his position there.

Once determined, he takes up shop there and watches the comers and goers.

Necessary rolls (I think):

Perception (for correct spot): Roll(1d20)+8: 11,+8 Total:19
Stealth (to slip in unnoticed): Roll(1d20)+14: 20,+14 Total:34
Perception (to watch for anything suspicious or useful to the group): Roll(1d20)+8: 8,+8 Total:16 - REROLL Roll(1d20)+8: 11,+8 Total:19
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:28 pm

Gandolfini wrote:Wailer heads off towards the trade district looking for an exotic weapons store. (OOC :You never know! I found all kinds of great stuff on the auction terminal!)
You wander the market district before stumbling upon a small shop called "Security Needs". The window has several vibroaxes and blaster rifles on the interior. As you walk in an Elderly Kel Dor stands up from his chair behind the counter. He begins to hiss and pop in Kel Dorian in what appears to be a greeting. He then realizes something isn't right, and turns and begins cursing at his modified vox box on the counter before hitting it. The box does a boot up chime and he starts again.

"Welcome valued customer. My name is Toos Jorn. My shop here is for the one in need of protection and armaments. I help you. Look around and we talk price. Help find I can?"

Around the small shop are lots of shelves and racks packed with various weapons and armors of all sorts. There are vibroaxes, lances, swords, blasters, missile launchers, nets, thermal detonators, slug throwers, bowcasters, flamethrowers and the list goes on.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:31 pm

@ Dood

You set up shop. You do not receive any service for drinks or food due to your super stealthyness. Results of perception check PMed.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:43 pm

After being cooped up in the ship for so long Eli needs to stretch his legs.

If anyone needs me for anything say something now, otherwise I'm going for a run.

<pauses>

Ok, well if something comes up call my comlink

Eli does some stretches and jogs out of the hangar. I'll try to run in some lesser trafficed areas for 45 minutes or so then get directions to the Dusty Bantha and head over there, assuming I don't pass it during my run.

Gather information 6+1= 7 for directions

Once I arrive at DB I'll look around for any of the group, and if I don't see any I'll attempt to secure a booth large enough for all of us.

Perception 10+7= 17 looking for the others when I arrive.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:00 pm

Blackferne wrote:
Gandolfini wrote:Wailer heads off towards the trade district looking for an exotic weapons store. (OOC :You never know! I found all kinds of great stuff on the auction terminal!)
You wander the market district before stumbling upon a small shop called "Security Needs". The window has several vibroaxes and blaster rifles on the interior. As you walk in an Elderly Kel Dor stands up from his chair behind the counter. He begins to hiss and pop in Kel Dorian in what appears to be a greeting. He then realizes something isn't right, and turns and begins cursing at his modified vox box on the counter before hitting it. The box does a boot up chime and he starts again.

"Welcome valued customer. My name is Toos Jorn. My shop here is for the one in need of protection and armaments. I help you. Look around and we talk price. Help find I can?"

Around the small shop are lots of shelves and racks packed with various weapons and armors of all sorts. There are vibroaxes, lances, swords, blasters, missile launchers, nets, thermal detonators, slug throwers, bowcasters, flamethrowers and the list goes on.
Mesa look for a lightsaber. Doin yousa has one?

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:10 pm

@ Wailer

Toos Jorn sits back down in his chair with an expression of dashed hopes of a sale that can not be made. "Lightsaber." He laughs the word, but the voxbox doesn't carry the expression through its translation. "Lightsaber is jedi weapon. Lightsaber is sith weapon. Lightsaber is not toy for playtimes. You best stop looking for lightsaber. Collectors come in shop hoping for lightsaber, but lightsaber very hard to come by. Maybe you want a better weapons? Maybe you like famous vibroaxe of mandalore warrior mens? Its good weapon. It strong weapon"
Jounville Blackferne

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:20 pm

"Actual, missa m bombad witha ligthsaber and mesa a jedi, no a collector. Unfortunata missa last one was nocomebackie and missa ne in urgent. Doin yousa has one?"

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:25 pm

"If you jedi, how you not keep lightsaber? I am not being born yesterday. I have no lightsaber here. Please leave shop if you not going to buy weapon." Toos Jorn answers in a huffy tone as he turns to attend to a weapon in repair on the workbench behind him.
Jounville Blackferne

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:31 pm

Bulwark stretches a bit as he walking into the bright sun of tatooing. He heads out of the docking bay by himself, making no effort to walk to the cantina with the others.

Perception 9 + 13 = 21.
He enter's the cantina shortly after Dood, but doesn't spot him inside. He passes by the droid scanners and takes a seat at the bar, scanning the room for anything suspicious.
Perception 7+13 = 20. rerolling 12+13 = 25

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:34 pm

[ooc]Am I correct in assuming that Dood notices Bulwark walk in? If so, I'd like to do a perception check of my own to see if anyone followed him in or took particular notice of him[/ooc]

Perception: Roll(1d20)+8: 14,+8 Total:22

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:35 pm

Use the Force: Move Light Objects - Lift the weapon he was working on to the ceiling over his head and out of his reach. The weapon is not pointing at him.

Roll 14+6=20

"As missa said,missa last one was nocomebackie. Yousa no has one,doin yousa know a collector da might has one?"

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:45 pm

@ Bulwark you do not notice anything suspicious otr out of the ordinary
@ Dood he doesn't appear to be followed
@Wailer
"Ah you jedi? You taunt old man with magic powers? Stories of noble warriors were wrong I see." Toos Jorn turns around rather irritated. "I have no lightsaber. I have no lightsaber. I know no dealer or collector in town have lightsaber. Where you think you are? This look like Jedi Temple?" He motions around the shop. "If I know I tell you just to have you leave and no come back!" He begins cursing agitated and the voxbox cannot appear to translate the rant.
Jounville Blackferne

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:00 pm

Drop the weapon on the bench.

Yousa should be nicer. mesa was a sith, yousa be dead

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:02 pm

"Leave. You leave now!" Toos Jorn shouts.
Jounville Blackferne

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:13 pm

missa leav. missa leav

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:15 pm

Wailer leaves the shop and starts looking for the cantina.

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:21 pm

Klak walks out into the Tattoine desert winds. Not unlike his home. Not bad weather either.
"A Cantina with ale is a cantina worth going too! And by Alvis that is where you will find me. At least until I have prayed enough to go exploring some more. Joun can wait for me to get my head straight."

Klak walks into the Cantina and straight to the barkeep with his travel mug out hoping the bartender would get the hint.
Persuasion (1d20) +0, 5 +0 = 5 (assuming this failed)

Klak orders and ale and when the bar tender (nametag: Bran) pours Klak an ale he leans in and quietly mentions
"You know my old friend Arenk used to work here some time ago (clearly lying), he always appreciated a soldiers presence in the bar" nodding towards the travel mug.
Deception (1d20) +0, 9+0 = 9
Klak was never a great liar. But he also was never quite sober enough to do it.
You seem like a decent barkeep Bran, I think we could be great friends. You hear anything about strange Sith or Exchange behavior out this way?
Gather Information (1d20) +0 = 10+0 = 10 (assuming this failed)

Klak stews over his ale a bit as he looks through the room for anything a soldiers eyes (though blurry) may notice. Hopefully he can get some information to share with the group and how was he going to pay for his Ale? He thinks Bulwark, remember to ask Bulwark for credits
Perception (1d20) +6, 11 +6 = 17
This... I Command!

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:29 pm

Dood thinks: /facepalm

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:44 pm

@ Klak

"Look son, if I gave out free refills to every boozer who served and survived the last few wars I'd be broke. Money out this way is tight as it is. I'll be as generous as I can, when I can, but don't think I'm just gonna give you the keys to the bar. Especially to somebody who makes up fake bartenders named...what did you say Arenk? Yeah we never had anybody but me and my brother in law working this place since we set up shop 15 years ago." Bran says with a clear tone of not amused by your flagrant attempts at deception. "You seem like you need a break though. Let me guess, you owe somebody a favor and are now playing private detective or bounty hunter? You figured what would a proper detective do and though t you'd sauce it up as a booze hound and fish up the barkeep for some juicy tip that will land you a big time score?" He picks up a mug and fills it for the Ithorian next to you. "So you start with some broad questions about the Sith and the Exchange thinking either or both probably tried to rough me up at some point. And if I was roughed up I'd hold a grudge and be eager to get some payback by spilling whatever juicy secrets my bartkeep ears might have soaked up serving ale and booze til two in the morning day in and day out to any cockpit jockey hauling freight to the outer rim. After I start going on about how this colonel or that kingpin had done this or that we have established a proper level of trust, you confide in me. You tell me about this dame who done you wrong, or this deadbeat who screwed your mom out of her pension, or how your nephew gone missing to the wrong crowd. So you open up, and play on my heart strings. So I tell you something secret about this rumor I heard, or how that sketchy Rodian in the corner has been spending extra credits like he won the Unta Podrace Championship, and how I got my suspicions that he is up to something no good. And you thank me and go on your way confident that poor old Bran's tip will get you to that golden payday you been busting your hump for. Like I said you seem to need a break so I'll tell you what I know, something that will get you any information you need. Trust from a barkeep comes when you pay your first tab, and mantains with big tips." Bran motions that you owe 4 credits for the ale.
Jounville Blackferne

Arrican
Deacon

The Taris Event Chapter 1

Post by Arrican » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:54 pm

So realizing this is going to be a good chance to get info leaves the ship looking for the dusty bantha. Walks in settles down at the bar to do some serious drinking.
"Hey barkeeper can I get something that'll almost knock me on my ass?"
Drinks whatever is placed in front of him.
Now Bran is it? I'm looking for a little info. I've had some dealings in the past with some groups that aren't always above the board. Now I'm a good upstanding citizen, but I can't always speak for my clients. I'm trying to get in contact with a small timer called Kunga the Hutt. Just looking to have a talk with him about a mutual friend of ours."
Tips him an extra 25 credits on his one drink."
Gather information 19+8=27
Looks around the bar while talking. Not completely discreetly but not screaming the conversation. Looking to see if anyone reacts to the name.
Perception 11+10= 21

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 pm

As So Leet places his extra 25 credits on the bar Klak loudly proclaims "Ahh thanks for buying my round!", stands up and goes to find Bulwark.
This... I Command!

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:05 pm

@So Leet

Bran lifts the 25 credits shows them to Klak then pockets them. "Yeah I don't think so there one horn." He looks at So "You know this guy? Anyway we ain't seen Kunga in months. He doesn't get out this way much. He pissed of Sargo a few years back with something about fixing some podrace, or so the rumor mill has it. I don't know if he did or didn't, all I know is he was a big spender, but ultimately small time in the Exchange, so pissing off Sargo was a big mistake. From what I understand he works out of Bryx and some of the surrounding systems usually sticking to protection rackets and occasionally trying to rig races. I don't know anyone locally who can hook you up, but I'm sure if you headed to Bryx you couldn't take a piss without going on one of his stooge's shoes."
Last edited by Cuspar on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed name from Arrican to So Leet.
Jounville Blackferne

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:09 pm

Klak sits back down but this time next to Bulwark. He leans in close and whispers as quietly as possible to Bulwark hoping the barkeep wont notice as he talks to So Leet "Can I borrow 4 credits? Wait actually I better tip him. How about 10 credits?"

He sits with the last bit of his drink and hopes Bulwark is in a forgiving mood.
This... I Command!

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:42 pm

Wailer finally find the cantina and steps inside. After blinking to get used to the dim room, he looks around and looks befuddled by everyone sitting apart from each other. With a shrug of his shoulders, he walks up to the bar and sits next to So Leet and says in impeccable standard without an accent "Menkooro whiskey, neat".