The Taris Event Chapter 1

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Bulwark
Cardinal
Re: The Taris Event Chapter 1

Post by Bulwark » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:54 pm

“I hope that old man knows what he’s doing.” Bulwark heads out the front door [move], leans his carbine up against the outside of the building [swift action], and strolls over towards the rest of the group [move].

Reese
Priest

Post by Reese » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:59 pm

Klak looks to Arillius, "You know Boss, you can't drink ale when you're dead." Klak takes out his rifle [Move] and drops it at his feet [Swift]. "Besides, more credits is always my goal."
This... I Command!

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:12 pm

"See Captain, we are just business men looking out for our bottom line. We got here just a short bit ago and have been looking for clues as to where he done gone to. We'll just hang out here until you gents finish looking around. Our current job is paying a measley eight grand which isn't much once split, but once you double that to a nice sixteen grand that seems like a job I could be happy with. You get Blackferne, we take the ship back to its real owner and not our idiot cripple." Arillius glares at Solumnos "And that is twenty four grand to split amongst my team. I'd be happy with that arrangement. sound fair?"

STORY MODE BACK ON NO INITIATIVE OR MAP NEEDED

Captain Hortell and 4 commandos surround the group. Quax and two commandos walk into the Church and begin rummaging around looking for clues.

"I think sixteen sounds reasonable upon receipt of Blackferne. I need him alive and able to speak. Ability to use limbs is not necessary. Bring him to any Sith military compound in the outer rim and I'll come retrieve him. Is that understood?"
Captain Hortell says in a cold sharp tone.

"You're the boss. And I've been at this long enough to know to keep a low profile in these affairs. Discretion will be used."
Arillius says twanging out his words.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:01 pm

After about 30 minutes of you guys milling around at gunpoint the two sith commandos and Quax exit the church. One of the commandos is taking Jounville's computer core, and the other has a box of a few odds and ends. Datacards mostly.

"No sign of Jounville, brother." Quax said to Hortell with a hint of disappointment. "However in searching for documents that might be hidden we found this." Quax reveals Wailer's lightsaber. "It had to have been tossed up to the rafters after we closed in apparently given the damage done to the back wall."

"One of your crew was hoping to keep a little memento of the bold capture of Jounville Blackferne?" Captain Hortell asks Saul "No doubt something he stole along the way. Sorry to disappoint, but this is coming with us. Anyway, Saul our offer stands, find Jounville and bring him alive to us for sixteen thousand credits."

The Sith delegation starts walking to the settlement gate.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:13 pm

"So, Captain Hortell" Syric starts as he takes a pause to sip on a flask that seemed to appear from nowhere, "Do you have any leads or other information that could help us with our mutual goal? Where did you last see the scum?"
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:17 pm

Captain Hortell spins around to reply while walking backwards with the Sith "We obviously know as much as you or we wouldn't have ended up at the same place at the same time. I trust you guys are professional, so go find him. Quickly."

They leave the gate.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:27 pm

"Great, the only info they seem to have is his home address. That doesn't help us much, but hopefully they are as much in the dark as we are." Syric says in an undertone.

"Hey, did they get the security feed?"
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:30 pm

Eoc ducks in to the church and then back out. "They took the computer, all the datacards, datapads, and that would include the security feed. At this point it is just a matter of time before they know everything we know."

In the distance a small troop transport lifts off. The Sith are now gone from Mesa.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:37 pm

"Looks like it's going to be a race then. I don't believe for a second that they'll just sit back and wait for us to turn over Joun to them. I think it's time we headed for the spaceport and see if we can get more information there before someone else shows up looking for Joun and we lose more time. Arillius, do you have a transport that can fit all of us?"

Eli starts looking around for a speeder to get into
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:40 pm

Wailer walks back into the church, gets his robe from under the altar and returns to the group.
Spelt chick it fur putties!

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:54 pm

"I have a rental that seats 15. With the Sith now in the pursuit we have to be very careful about what we say to people outside this group. We never know who people are really working for." Arillius says straightening out his gray hair comb-over. He goes behind the village and brings the speeder around.
Jounville Blackferne

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:55 pm

Bulwark picks up his Carbine and slides it back into his holster. "Well then, we had best be off. They carried off anything of use and already have a head start." He picks up a rock off the ground and hands it to the Gungan. "You can use this until you get your glowstick back."

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:08 pm

Wailer chuckes. Da lightsaber was just a weapon. Missa ganna be okeeday. Wailer gives a faintly malicious grin and says Yousa ganna keep yousa rock

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:17 pm

Bulwark shakes his head, "The only thing harder to understand than a gungan is a gungan spouting Jedi philosophy", he says with a grin.

"Meesa ganna keep meesa rock."

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:18 pm

Gandolfini make a use the force skill check vs Bulwark's willpower defense.

Gando 1d20+6 vs 14

If your roll equals or exceeds 14 Bulwark will keep the rock and say "Meesa ganna keep meesa rock."
If your roll doesn't meet14 Bulwark will not say that.
Jounville Blackferne

Gandolfini
Priest

Post by Gandolfini » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:29 pm

Blackferne wrote:Gandolfini make a use the force skill check vs Bulwark's willpower defense.

Gando 1d20+6 vs 14

If your roll equals or exceeds 14 Bulwark will keep the rock and say "Meesa ganna keep meesa rock."
If your roll doesn't meet14 Bulwark will not say that.
10+6 = 16

Wailer giggles.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:37 pm

"One thing I want to do, and I would appreciate some help, is burying the two old guys who died from the sith. The village has a small grave site nearby. It seems the only decent thing to do." Arillius says as he pulls the speeder up to the gate.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:45 pm

"Certainly. Just give me a shovel and show me where to dig."

Eli starts walking toward the farmers corpses
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:04 pm

"Meesa ganna keep meesa rock." Bulwark slides the rock into one of his pockets, oblivious to what he has just done.

<ooc: well played>

Arrican
Deacon

Post by Arrican » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:30 pm

"I wonder what those jamooks want him for?" So leet ponders, "I mean he was small change, not that he wasn't getting by with his preaching drinking and shooting, but those two are not your common errand boys for the Sith.
Knowledge (Bureaucracy - 13 + 10 = 23)
Now I'll leave you folk to your rituals. I need to find some stuff I'm sure he'd have around here.
Perception (to search for explosives of any type) 6 + 10 = 16

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:33 pm

@ So Leet

Your knowledge of Sith practices is right. For what you perceive Jounville to be this was excessive force towards his retrieval. Not just the Sith Apprentices either, the small unit of commandos was well beyond what would be needed for "a small time" guy.

You do not find any explosives.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:41 pm

Syric stoops to pick up his blaster pistol and pauses just a moment before holstering his weapon, watching where the Sith had lifted off in the distance. He has no interest in burying two old men he had no interaction with.
Spoiler:

Dood
Deacon

Post by Dood » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:49 pm

Dood puts his carbine back in his holster, pulls a purple bandana out of his pocket and ties it over the top of his head.

I think it best if we always assume we're being watched or followed from here on out as well. Those Sith had no problem killing those two farmers who I can't imagine actually gave them any real trouble. My guess is that they're not so much hoping we'll deliver Jounville as lead them to him.

To Arillius: Well, SAUL, whatever this boy has gotten himself into, it looks like only half the galaxy is after him for it. It's probably safe to say that anyone who finds out who you are will be more than happy to question you...vigorously. I'd recommend you find a rock and hide under it. Short of that, you should get comfortable with that limp and twang.
fFormerly fknown as fDood.

Bulwark
Cardinal

Post by Bulwark » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:56 pm

"Good point. I'm going to search around a bit to see if they left any monitoring devices." Bulwark begins to scan the area...

Perception = 12 + 8 = 20 <rerolling>
Perception = 19 + 8 = 27

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:59 pm

@ Bulwark

In the church you notice a small bug that wasn't there before, so it had to be left by the Sith. Your best guess is they want to check who comes to the Church looking for Joun, or if they are really lucky Joun himself.
Jounville Blackferne