LPDnD: Desert Moon

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Blackferne
Archbishop
LPDnD: Desert Moon

Post by Blackferne » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Tony's date goes quite well with the Lady Rosylnn. Trinal does research on the the best path to get to Mogojus. It is decided that the path which would be best is to cut across the mountains and get to Al Partha. Once there Maizan has the name of a caravan trader who often hires mercenaries to run protection for his trades along the desert roads. Maizan learned of this dragonborn trader by meeting his cousin at the afternoon get together back in Waterdeep. You need to find Svidler of Moon Shadow Trading Company.

Currently the party is about halfway through the mountains. The party consists of Trinal, Tony, Syric, Stavis, and Maizan. You know that as you come closer to the inland sea there is an increased chance of Chulassa patrols. The path will be easier as there are well established roads. Or you can choose to take a slightly longer route which stays in the mountains a bit longer, and comes out in the desert with risk of getting lost due to the lack of roads,
plus the various desret fauna you might encounter. Time for the party to choose.
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Staris
Priest

Re: LPDnD: Desert Moon

Post by Staris » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:20 pm

[OOC of our understanding how likely would the paved road have places to conceal ourselves should a patrol pass-by. Aka how much brush, grasses and such along the road.]

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:23 pm

Staris wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:20 pm
[OOC of our understanding how likely would the paved road have places to conceal ourselves should a patrol pass-by. Aka how much brush, grasses and such along the road.]
Not much. The mountains have a little coastal area before becoming desert. The plus side is you are just skirting the outermost area of Chulassa turf and per intelligence the bulk of their forces aren't pushing this way (the meat grinder up north is a bigger concentration of troops). This is mostly just scouts and surveillance incase a second threat opens up for them.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Tony would vote for the roads as he would rather not run the risk of getting lost in the mountains.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:13 pm

Stavis would go for the quickest route, which would presumably be the road.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:32 pm

So with 2 votes road and 3 abstaining....

The party descends out of the mountains to the foothills by the inland sea as the road heads towards Al Partha. As you exit the foothills you notice the vegetation becoming less frequent and the coastline becomes more sandstone cliffs which provide numerous nooks and crannies for potential threats. You come upon a cart with a broken wheel and two old men arguing while a donkey looks on in utter boredom.
Jounville Blackferne

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:36 pm

Stavis will put on his mask and stand back watching, hanging back so he is less likely to be noticed. He will be watching to see what the rest of the group does before acting as he is willing to help or move on but figures he is likely to some trouble should the men not take kindly to himself being a Drow.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:23 pm

[I'm gonna put a pin in this. I think we've trailed off again.]
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:54 am

OOC -

sorry, life got in the way again...

let me know if it starts back up, I just picked up the 5e starter pack. Going to play at home with to teach my daughter and wife but also start a group with some friends that have never played before.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:02 pm

I doubt we would restart at this point maybe at some point start up a new one but seems like people are done for the time being.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:19 pm

If we did start a new one that I ran, I would want to set it in ancient rome. I'd make some allowances on race, but there would be restrictions. And teh pantheon would be the roman one.
Jounville Blackferne

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:43 pm

The setting and what kind of restrictions that entails is something I'll accept without batting an eye. I would however suggest we make the game a live only session as I can't help feeling if we had done that with this reboot we would have either gotten farther along, figure out we need a short delay until peoples schedule free up, or figured out quicker that people's schedule precluded them from playing and call it done.