Orus chapter 1: Strangers in a strange land

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Staris
Priest
Re: Orus chapter 1: Strangers in a strange land

Post by Staris » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:42 pm

[OOC I'm assuming that would be the deception roll I did for Quawff to notice and so not needing to do anything more but let me know if that is different.

Though if caught would still try to play it off as Daran wanting a bit of fresh air.]

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:14 am

Blackferne wrote:"Probably." Maeve sulks and walks out onto the street and towards the inn.
With a shrug towards the others, Alrek turns and follows Maeve to the inn.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:05 am

Ok Quawff and Darren are out wandering the town, anywhere in particular you are headed in town?

Maeve and Alrek head to the Inn. The Snuggly Duckling is not quite as busy as it was a few nights ago when you were here and there are a couple empty tables you may choose from to sit if you so desire. The Innkeeper is not visible as you walk in, but there are a couple serving women hustling between tables and Pod is walking out from the back currently with a bucket of water in hand and a rag.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:28 am

Wave at Pod to get his attention.

When he come sover.

"Pod, blessing be upon you, it is good to see your face again. When you get a moment if you could fetch the innkeep for us, I'd greatly appreciate it." Maeve says
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:30 pm

Will tag along with Darren

Perception (not skilled)

Deception (not skilled)

No where particular, mainly letting Darren lead, Qwauff does not and cannot move silently (wears scalemail). Will check the sorry state of the walls and such.
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:50 pm

Darren in looking around won't be trying to sneak around unless he feels the area would require it, he will have the group first figure out the best way of getting to the mayors place but after will want to get to know the layout of the town, so anything he or the group could need, blacksmith, tailor, fabric suppliers, etc, as well as a good understanding of the ally ways and such for easy travel thru the town. Though will want to keep it to about 2 hours should it require longer. Will ensure their trek back follows the walls as best as possible after Darren notices Qwauff examining them.

[OOC mainly wanting to get to where I can utilize City Secrets, though won't lie Daren will also be looking for places to hide in case the group kicks him out or worse as he has gotten accustomed to having happen.

You know the secret patterns and flow to cities and can find passages through the urban sprawl that others would miss.
When you are not in combat, you (and companions you lead) can travel between any two locations in the city twice as fast as your speed would normally allow.

Granted I will expect that twice as fast won't be quite as accurate here since so many of the ally ways now have your more regular citizens living there making them less useful or the occasion false dead end.]

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:00 pm

[OOC I do take Mazians roll to mean Qwauff is unaware that it is Daren and instead thinks it is still Mardak. Also figured I would roll for Perception in case Qwauff's deception is in concealing his examining the walls.]

Perception
[dice]0[/dice]

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:53 pm

@Maeve - Pod turns to look at you and as you address him he looks like he's trying to place you but not succeeding "Yes, the innkeep will be back momentarily to help you I'm sure." And Pod hurries off to clean the empty tables.

@Darren - You spend a couple hours wandering town, you have a really good feeling for the layout of the town and where everything is. The Mayors house and office is in the middle of town and you know a really easy route between there and The Snuggly Duckling. There aren't many good spots for lieing low in alleys and such anymore unfortunately, almost all of them are already taken due to the refugees but you do find one or two that might work.

@Qwauff - The walls, if you can call them that, are sorry to say the least. They aren't reinforced or anything, honestly they look more like a hastily build shed that surrounds the city and no soldier worth his salt would consider them useful at all as a defense mechanism. One good hit from a battering ram would likely topple any section of the wall that you passed.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:17 pm

Alrek ignores the empty seats and waits quietly with Maeve for the inkeep, unconsciously sliding into 'protector' mode for the annoying farm nerd.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:22 pm

"Alrek, while we wait, I got to ask. We've had a few days since the goblins, and I'll admit I'm not proud of how I acted, but I didn't really see another way out. I always hope for peace, and think we should do that, but we did the morally right thing right?" Maeve asks.
Jounville Blackferne

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:29 pm

When he confirms his suspicion to the limit to hiding spots will keep an eye out for any groups of homeless figuring he can quickly befriend them by sharing the spoils of a flask.

[OOC At this point will wait for Furiel to note us arrive at the Snuggling Duckling.]

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:35 am

Quawff really doesn't understand the difference between or really care if there is a difference between Darren and Mardak. He only sees him as a human and knows how to handle himself in a fight. He also knows that there are people that like to walk around quietly and in shadows and that there there is a need for them at times, but it is not his thing and he is not very good at it.

Also seeing that the walls are in very bad shape, he will look for good defensive spots around town and/or places where defensible barricades can be quickly setup if need be.

When through, Darren and he will had back to The Duckling, garb an empty table and order beer and food.
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:04 am

Blackferne wrote:"Alrek, while we wait, I got to ask. We've had a few days since the goblins, and I'll admit I'm not proud of how I acted, but I didn't really see another way out. I always hope for peace, and think we should do that, but we did the morally right thing right?" Maeve asks.
"C'mon Maeve, they were just goblins. If there's a fox in the hen house, there's only one option and you know that."
Spoiler:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:02 pm

"But foxes don't have speech. I just worry that, well, what if goblins have souls? Do they have souls? If they do, they'd deserve a chance at redemption." Maeve sighs. "I just don't know. Why did it have to be us? Why did it have to be me? Seems that fate, and the nine are calling to me to be something I don't think I am. I'm essentially a farming bureaucrat, that is who I am and what I like to do, but all this wants me to be some kind of hero, and I'm not sure I am one."
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:17 am

"Foxes may not speak the same tongue as you and I, but they still communicate with each other. Even my father knew that, he had his song 'What does the fox say' and everything!" Alrek chides her. "You're overthinking this Maeve, forget about the past and try not to worry about the future. Right now we're here and we're going to take care of these goblins so these people can get back to their lives. You've proven yourself to be more than capable at that so far."
Spoiler:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:57 pm

"So how do you resolve the difference between what you seem destined to do because it is expected of you, and what you want to do because it is your lifelong dream? Do you not feel that conflict, or are you in relief to be here?" Maeve asks Alrek.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:11 am

"Maeve, you're over thinking things. Wasn't it amazing channeling that power? We're special people, stop worrying and just go with the flow" he says with a smile.
Spoiler:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:44 am

@Maeve and Alrek - are you going to sit down and wait or stay standing near the bar? It's been a couple minutes and the innkeeper has not shown yet...

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:49 am

We were sitting down.
Jounville Blackferne

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:06 pm

[OOC wasn't mentioned that you guys sat down so I'm with Furiel in thinking you two are still standing, unless you guys sat down when you
Blackferne wrote:"while we wait" Maeve asks.
]

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:13 pm

OOC Ah I see I didn't specify, but I think assumed since Furiel said there were several empty tables.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:23 pm

Blackferne wrote:OOC Ah I see I didn't specify, but I think assumed since Furiel said there were several empty tables.
I did say there were several empty tables when you walked in and stated you could sit if you so chose. You never said you were, you just said you were getting Pod's attention, which is always easier to do while standing...so...continue standing or take a table?

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:12 pm

Take a table I suppose.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:20 am

A moment or two after you take a seat one of the serving maids comes over to the table - "What can I get for you good folks?"

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:31 pm

"Blessings be upon you ma'am. Could we have four plates of the dinner special and 4 ales please?. We have some friends joining us soon. Thank you." Maeve says politely to the waitress with a smile.
Jounville Blackferne