Orus chapter 1: Strangers in a strange land

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Blackferne
Archbishop
Re: Orus chapter 1: Strangers in a strange land

Post by Blackferne » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:14 pm

Maeve follows Mardak to the Innkeeper.

"Mardak do you want to talk or should I?"
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:15 pm

Mardak will sigh his hands in a seeming prayer in-front of his chest with fingers interlaced though the discerning eye will notice the right hand is holding the left considerable stronger. "You go ahead, might take some strong motivation to make available any free rooms they have and I'm afraid that would be too much enticement for Daren. That and the ease to get some alcohol to allow him out would be a little too available should I have a moment of distraction."

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:19 pm

"Very well." She turns from Mardak to the Innkeep and attempts to get his/her attention.

"Greetings. Blessings upon your establishment, may Chauntea provide bounty at your table. My name is Maeve and I am a member of a band of four travelers seeking shelter for the night and wish to know the room rate and the availability." She smiles a pleasant easy smile.
Jounville Blackferne

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:40 pm

[ooc]

Just to give you guys a little more feel for Maeve, she is in part based on Leslie Knoppe

[/ooc]
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:05 pm

Alrek, still hoping a good night's sleep will make everything better, follows after Maeve and Mardak to ensure he gets a room.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:31 am

Quawff will accompany Alrek out of the room.
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:25 am

Alrek turns to Quawff and say in Dwarven, "If we have to share rooms, can I bunk with you? I'd rather not stay with the nerd or the madman."
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:42 am

Quawff smiles. I was just about to say the same thing. In Dwarven, Although, do you think we should do watches tonight? Strange place with enemies about and everything.
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:57 am

Assuming Mardak heard the last part will shake his head no a couple times then "I thought you said being in that class would be counter productive..... Fine but only the mouth." will look to Quawff respond in Dwarven, seemingly school taught dwarven "I wouldn't bother with watches, if whoever attacked where we arrived knew where we where and was able, would expect they would have attacked by now. Goblins unless we are talking a very large army, which I would expect to have attacked before now, would be fools to attack this settlement now rather than waiting for them to starve themselves out so not sense panicking them by openly taking watches."

Will get a bit of a grin though the rest of the face turning shades of red in embarrassment though the body turning way as he says again with dwarven "Though what the both of you do behind your closed door is totally up to you." to the astute observer the right hand will be trying to remove itself from the prayer claps at this point with the left hand ensuring it stays put.

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:33 am

In Dwarvin I was thinking more of small party raids to spread painic and fear.
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:20 pm

Maeve ignores the banter and awaits the innkeeps response.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:16 pm

The innkeeper looks over the group of you then looking at Meave "4 you say, that could be difficult as I only have 1 room currently available. If your men are willing to triple up though there is a female merchant staying here that I believe I can convince to allow you to room with her for the night. It would be 2 gold and 5 silver per night for the group. How long would you be staying?"
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:29 pm

"One night and then I cannot say for sure since we are being dispatched for the goblins in the morning. One moment while I check with my companions on the suitability of tripling up. Real quick though how large are the rooms?" Maeve asks.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:11 pm

"It's not overly large, it can fit 3, but only 1 or 2 will be able to sleep in the bed. The others will have to sleep on the floor."
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:57 pm

"Alright, just one moment." Maeve smile and turns to the other. "Long story short we have 1 room available and the price is suitable, the downside is the three of you will have to bunk together. Is that acceptable or should we look elsewhere? Be quick in deciding since it is getting late and our options are limited to start."
Jounville Blackferne

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:07 pm

Mardak will look to the other two and stifle a small yawn "If you two accept the offer I will take the floor. Though I will understand if you would rather I find other accommodations, like staying in the commons area or trying another tavern." He will speak soft enough that the two are the only ones to hear the second half.

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:04 am

Fine by me.
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:15 am

Alrek looks back and forth between Mardak and Maeve before ending on Markdak and saying with a nod, "Yeah that works for me." Then with a glance to the dwarf, "If we end up stuck here again tomorrow we should draw straws for the floor, tonight though I'll take you up on your generosity" he finishes with a grin.
Spoiler:

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:05 am

Mardak will look to Maeve along with a glance to the owner with a slight nod "That will work out." after Maeve has paid, Mardak will say his farewells until they meet again to Xur, and as they are on their way towards the room state "You won't need to draw lots for me, the a, beds in the orphanage weren't much more than floor boards and after I was kicked out did my fair share of sleeping in alleys and would rather both of you if able be in as good a shape as possible in case the goblins only respond to violence." though you can tell he speaks the truth there may also be more to him giving up the bed. "Not that I won't object to a bed should additional rooms become available, just the floor will be sufficient should it be the only thing available."

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:11 pm

Maeve turns back to the innkeep. She withdraws 2 gold and 5 silver from the sack Xur gave her and hands it to the innkeep. "They will take the room. Get them situated and then we can approach the lady about sharing the room. Also before it gets too late, is there a temple in this town?"
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:07 am

The innkeeper looks offended "A temple, by the Nine no! I couldn't imagine such a thing!" He pauses briefly, "It is very good of you though to see to your men first like that. We needn't both approach Mistress Alys about the room sharing though. I am confident that she will be well inclined to share after a few brief words with me. You did not say how long you would be staying though. With the crowding in the city I cannot guarantee the same rates beyond this evening..."

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:56 pm

"We are to investigate the goblin situation in the morning and I don't know where my party will end up as a result. I'd rather not tie up your rooms and my limited coin for services which could be put to better use all around. I'll wait down here for you to introduce me to Mistress Alys."Maeve smiles a polite smile slightly disappointed and sad that there is no temple, and that the innkeeper seemed disapproving of faith.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:24 pm

"Pod! Show these men to their room."

The boy who led you to the private dining room comes over again and gestures toward the back "Follow me sirs."

As Pod leads the others away the inkeep turns back to Maeve "Excuse me for one moment." The inkeep then walks over to a table with a single woman sitting at it surrounded by several rough looking men and he starts speaking with her.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:13 pm

Perception check on the lady and her rough companions.

[dice]0[/dice]
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:07 pm

The lady is wearing nice clothing, a little embroidery and a few rings with small gems and a fairly plain necklace. There are 4 men sitting at the same table with her but a little apart at the same time. The men mostly seem to be watching the crowd. All of them are armed and are wearing light armor. One of them is keeping 1 eye on the inkeep during the conversation.

The Plush Family: