Orus chapter 1: Strangers in a strange land

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Blackferne
Archbishop
Re: Orus chapter 1: Strangers in a strange land

Post by Blackferne » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:08 pm

"Alrek you wiat here for the others, I'm going to go find hungry people who need a meal." Maeve says standing up.

[assuming no parting remarks from Alrek, she walks onto teh street to find hungry people. Quantity 18: preference children and families]
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:20 am

"There's one right here" Alrek mumbles as he digs back into his stew, pouring any of Maeve's leftovers into his own bowl once she walks away.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:15 pm

+points for Whitey for that. Nice.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:31 pm

Ok, so Maeve heads out into the night with her stew half eaten to find families to feed.

Within a block or two of the Inn you find a half dozen different families camped out in the alleys. Families are 5-8 people depending on which family you are looking at.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:44 pm

[OOC roughly how much longer for Stavin and company? Would think we where about thirty minutes from when Maeve payed for the extra meals and rooms so would think now would be pretty close to time once all that was setup for her to be able to take out and her leaving. Ok if my times off just thought I would ask in case we could enter.]

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:10 pm

You'll be arriving about the same time as Maeve is bringing in the people to eat...
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:55 pm

Maeve seeing anywhere from between 30 and 48 people depending on how the family breakdowns are, and knowing she can only feed 18 of them discretely approaches the family with the smallest children first and quietly offers dinner to them, asking them to be quiet and discrete since she doesn't have enough coin to feed everyone.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:18 pm

What exactly are you saying when you invite them to dinner?

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:38 pm

Typical spiel would be something akin to "Blessings be upon you from the goddess Chauntea. Forgive me if I am wrong, but your family appears to be hungry and I wish to buy you dinner this evening at the Snuggly Duckling.Unfortunately I don't have the means to feed everyone in town seeking dinner, so please be quiet and discrete if possible. If you go to the Snuggly Ducking and tell the waitress 'I'm am looking for a meal from the goddess Chauntea' your family can sup tonight. I wish I could do more, but this is all I can do tonight."
Jounville Blackferne

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:43 pm

Remember discretely!
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:00 am

Give me a persuasion roll please to see just how discreet you are going to be...

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:20 pm

Persuasion +3
[dice]0[/dice]

Come on good roll, I don't want a food riot.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:40 pm

You succeed in convincing them to keep quiet and you get 3 families to head to the Snuggly Duckling for dinner.

As you arrive back at the Ducking with the last family in tow, a farmer and his 4 children, and as you follow them in you see Quawff and Marduk/Darren about half a block away headed toward the inn.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Make sure all the families are situated and doing fine. Thank the waitress if nearby for taking care of them, then rejoin the party.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:55 am

@Quawff and Marduk - as you finish your "tour of the city" and you are coming back to the inn you see Maeve seemingly shepherding a family into the inn. As you enter the inn you see Maeve getting that family settled at a table. The common room is pretty full right now as there appear to be several families in the inn having dinner currently who look a little out of place along with a number of people that appear to be more normal clients. Alrek has a table currently to himself which has 4 bowls on it, a couple of which appear to still be full of stew.

@Alrek - as you finish your stew Maeve reappears for the first time with a farm family in tow. She gets them settled, has a word with the one of the serving girls then heads back out. This repeats two more times, and as Maeve is getting the last family settled you see Quawff and Marduk return to the inn.

The Plush Family:

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:04 pm

Alrek waves to Qwuaff and Dar-mar, gesturing them over to the table.
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:58 pm

When the two enter Darren will quickly recognize what must have transpired and will whisper to Mardak. "Don't get any funny ideas. Helpful yes, but short term relief at best."

When Darren sees Alrek wave to them will start heading that way. Should in barmaids mistake them for additional mouths to feed off the street will indicate to Alrek that they are a part of the same party as well as show a couple coins to indicate they can pay.

When they get seated Darren will pick up the ale notice its not water, nor any of the other drinks being as such, and kind of shrug before taking a drink. He won't be able to help but play act that he switched to Darren and will act more like himself.

Performance / Deception whichever it should be
[dice]0[/dice]

After that will dig in to his meal when Maeve arrives will comment between shovelfuls of stem and drink "A conscious cleanser I assume to make up for the goblin disposal." with a bit of a nod of approval. "One tip for next time, if you didn't first, offer to buy the leftovers at a discount to be given to the poor." "The Bran would likely water down whatevers left likely feeding just as many if not more for a fraction of the cost." "Could even try to convince the man to sell the watered down meal for a copper or two," "make a bit of money on any waste as well as helping make up for the lack of traveler's coin" " and gain some rep with the town folk for helping the downtrodden." "As well as help ensure the people could get a meal when we aren't in town." smiling for the last bit

"Will likely have to wait till tomorrow before broaching that if you wish to try as I doubt they cooked with this many mouths to feed tonight so doubt there will be much if any leftovers."

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:31 pm

"I'm not in the habit of making a profit off charity. They deserve just as good a meal as anyone, and I'd not try to scam the innkeep either." She looks at her bowl and then Alrek. Then crinkles her mouth slightly before saying to the whole party. "We've got two rooms tonight. How shall we divide up?"
Jounville Blackferne

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:36 am

Darren will shrug a bit "To each their own, just be careful you don't bankrupt yourself trying to help the few you can."

To the second part will respond almost immediately. "Unless you demand we we make things equal, just like last time you in one room we three in the other." he will stretch a bit having finished his meal but will otherwise indicate only Maeve has any say otherwise. "Obviously I will keep my promise that I'm sticking to the floor."

With that will finish his ale slowely and be willing to participate in any after dinner conversation but will quickly finish once someone else heads off to their room and sleep in the corner like last time.

Maizan
Priest

Post by Maizan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:24 pm

Quawff will join the table. HIs 2 hander sword he will remove from the back straps and lean, still sheathed up against the table beside him. Quawff will also ask the bar keep/serving women for 2nds and 3rds. With each he will have a full ale. He will smile and nod to the families how Maeve had brought in and when she looks over he will say to her Blessings upon you from Ulaa
___
Sorry, got nothin.

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:05 pm

"Well, I had a bed last night, I don't mind taking a floor tonight."

"that is, unless Maeve tries to give that away as well" He says sarcastically.
Spoiler:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:08 pm

Maeve rolls her eyes at Alrek. "I've no problem sharing a room. If you boys feel uncomfortable with a lady I'll gladly share a room and even take the floor if needed."
Jounville Blackferne

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:25 pm

Darren will put up his left hand up like he was telling someone to his right to stop talking "Well we will decline. Mardak is very insistent."

when it dawns on him that he wants to be up extra early in the morning before the rest of the group will finishes his ale and with a bit of a chuckle "Feels I can't be trusted, not that I would have done something. I've already been shot down once, no need to try again."

"So I will take the floor for door 2." with the last part will get up, nod his good nights, and go find Pod or the Bran to take him to the second room to sleep in the corner on the floor.

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:01 pm

Maeve says "We have a meeting tomorrow, should get some rest." She follows Darren to Pod and gets the other room.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:46 pm

Maizan wrote:Quawff will join the table. HIs 2 hander sword he will remove from the back straps and lean, still sheathed up against the table beside him. Quawff will also ask the bar keep/serving women for 2nds and 3rds. With each he will have a full ale. He will smile and nod to the families how Maeve had brought in and when she looks over he will say to her Blessings upon you from Ulaa
Each additional helping is going to run you 6 silver each for both the stew and ale. But the barmaid is more than happy to keep bringing you food and drink as long as you don't get handsy and you keep paying.

The Plush Family: