LPDnd: Tales from the Crypt

Grab your 20 sided die and players handbook. A forum dedicated to forum based games. D&D, classic board games, or even games of your own design.
Whiteness
Priest
Re: LPDnd: Tales from the Crypt

Post by Whiteness » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:30 pm

Syric plans to head the armorer to see what their policy is on returns but by the time they get back he assumes the shoppe is closed for the evening. He instead makes his way back to the Elk to secure lodging and vittles while waiting on the others.

Walking through the door he searches the room for Bran. Upon finding the burly inkeep he makes his way through the crowd to the bar with a wave.

"Hello again Bran, how is everything tonight? Listen, I have a situation that I was wondering if you could help me with. Do you have a storeroom or somewhere I could have you keep something for me?" Syric says as he draws out his father's sword, and with just a moment's hesistation he places it on the bar. He somberly continues "This has been a compass for me, I thought it was pointing me in the direction I needed to go but it was also a tether, holding me back. I need to make my own path and I can't do it with this, but at the same time I don't want to callously discard the only memento I have of my past"

Looking up from the sword he brightens his demeanor and says "Anyway, I like to think I'm a good judge of character and was hoping I could have you stow it away somewhere for me, obviously I'd pay you a fair fee for this"
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds
Between 6-10 squares of Syric: +1 Diplomacy

HP 63 / AC 23 / FORT 20 / REF 18 / WILL 21

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:53 pm

"If you'd like I could hang it on the wall over there." he points to a place above the fireplace that has various weapons hanging. Each has a small name carved in wood next to it. "No charge."
Jounville Blackferne
Archbishop of the Church of Alvis
Dungeon Master of the Tabletop Forum

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Syric looks down at the sword and back up to Bran, "Thanks Bran, I think that would be an excellent place for it, but if you won't let me pay for it why don't you go ahead and get me a whisky and dinner so I can at least leave a big tip"

Syric will arrange for a room for the night as well and begin on dinner when it arrives, ordering an ale when the whisky is gone.

[ooc] 5s for room + 1s for dinner +1s for ale + 3s for whisky + 1g tip = 2g unless I'm off on costs[ooc]
Spoiler:
Within 5 squares of Syric: +1 to Healing surges, +3 Diplomacy, +2 Intimidate, +2 Speed on surprise and 1st regular rounds

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:51 pm

Once we're back in town and assumedly back at the Elk...

"Bran, Tony Plush has returned and is in need of a room for the evening. And if he could get meals and a round of ale for himself, the esteemed Professor and miss Victae we would appreciate it. Also you wouldn't happen to know if Drayson is out for the night yet or not, Tony Plush would like a few words with him when possible."
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:56 pm

"Drayson left, though I don't think he is on his normal rounds as he is still recovering. And I'll get those meals right up." Bran says.

"Thanks Tony for the dinner." Victae says with a smile.

"Yes thank you Mr. Plush." the Professor adds. He pulls out the medallion and starts taking a close look at it. "What an enigma."
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:59 pm

[OOC retcon] I'm going to have Syric go to the armorer and find it closed while the other three went to the Elk and then have Syic and Bran's conversation take place after the last two posts so it doesn't seem like Syric just wandered off on his own like an anti-social jerk.

Syric will then join the others for dinner.
Spoiler:

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:24 am

Tony will enjoy his dinner with his companions

"So what's so enigmatic about that amulet Professor? Tony Plush is not familiar with that symbol but he has a feeling that it has some significance.

Bran! Another round of ales for the four of us please!"
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:24 pm

"Well both animals are symbolic of death, though in different ways. Ravens are carrion birds, and in the end we are all food for worms or birds. Snakes typically are representative of evil intent or misdeeds. But when you see a snakes fangs like here..[" He points to the medallion "it usually means intent to kill. Rarely do you see them together in art or iconography. So are we to take this as some kind of dual nature of the vampires, or a omen of things from the darker circles operating in the world at large." The Professor says never letting his eyes leave the medallion.
Jounville Blackferne

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:56 pm

"Maybe this is just the ale talking, but could it possibly be something as insane as the vampire lord thinking to overthrow the Raven Queen and become the new god of death? The snake would obviously be representing the vampire lord and the raven is the Raven Queen herself, the fangs showing it's intent..."

The Plush Family:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:12 pm

"Not out of the realm of possibility to be sure." The Professor looks up the medallion for the first time in probably half an hour and his expression is like that of someone who has just been pulled out of reading a really good book, slightly disoriented, and like they just woke out of a dream. "It does seem unlikely that a Vampire Lord would aim so high. If you are going to challenge a god for their portfolio, you probably should not be vulnerable to sunlight. Regardless it is something that merits more study." He slips the medallion in his pocket.
Jounville Blackferne

Whiteness
Priest

Post by Whiteness » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:34 pm

Syric, after returning from relieving himself, heads to the bar to catch Bran's attention.

"Bran, have you heard anyone mention a Vlad or Vigo lately? I plan on asking Drayson when he's available, but just wanted to check if you'd heard anything."
Spoiler:

Blackferne
Archbishop

Post by Blackferne » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:14 pm

"Names don't ring a bell. Sorry." Bran says with shrug.

Okay I'm gonna re-merge the two stories as the parties reunite.
Jounville Blackferne