Destiny 2

Consoles, PCs, or mobile. This forum is dedicated to video games in all their glory. Some subforums for popular titles will be created.
Staris
Priest
Destiny 2

Post by Staris » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:19 pm

So I'll say I'm tempted for now at least with the videos they've given out thus far and thought I would pose the question on who is looking to get it and on what system. My knee jerk reaction would be to get it on pc at this point but that I'm not against the ps4 just not playing on it at this point so since I can get the pc version and if it ends up just being me might as well get it on that.

I will say that it is not a guarantee right now that I'm getting it so don't go pre-ordering just because I'm showing interest at this point, just wanting to get a bit of a head count on who is interested and on what system.

Furiel
Cardinal

Re: Destiny 2

Post by Furiel » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:45 pm

I still play Destiny sporadically. As does Speedbump and his housemate Archeodrasil, who I think started after you quit. It has gotten better and I like the direction it's headed as well. I will likely pick it up. I'm indifferent to staying on PS4 or moving to PC if that's an option since it looks like there will be almost no carryover. I can check with Speed and Arch the next time I catch them online to see what they are thinking.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:41 pm

Not sure it will matter but after seeing some commericals seems Sony will still have the exclusive content if that matters to people.

I won't lie I'm also semi tempted to jump back into Destiny so you might see me around just no promises.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:38 pm

I have been,procrastinating and just finished watching the D2 trailer. Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll be getting it. Apparently there will be tons of loot...

I probably won't be on Destiny for another week or so, I have a pretty full schedule but I do want to see how far along the new record book I am. And go do VoG again at current light level for kicks.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:20 pm

Based on talking with an old neighborhood friend who recently got a pro means I'll end up getting the game on ps4 at this point.

Also I've played enough to get all my characters to 384-386 light level.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:23 pm

Nice, I haven't been on in like a month now but I think my hugest char was at 391 or so when I took this break. I need to get back though and see what I have to do yet to complete the record book.

The Plush Family:

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:05 pm

I imagine I'll buy it, because fuck you guys.
Cuspar

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:19 pm

Who are you, and do you play this game?

The Plush Family:

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Thu May 18, 2017 4:07 pm

In case anyone sees this in time Bungie is streaming their first game play on twitch in less than an hour.

https://www.twitch.tv/bungie

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu May 18, 2017 6:02 pm

Stream just finished...watched the whole thing and all I can say is... Dann that shit looks dope.

The Plush Family:

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Thu May 18, 2017 8:01 pm

It was quite good, interested to see group systems explained better. Is it limited to needing one more or could one have a complete pug group going in.

A little interesting to see Blizzard being used for the pc side of things, which I can't help feeling is meant to be a yet another dig at Microsoft. If the pc was done with Microsoft could have meant that xbone and pc could have played together.

Don't care either way on the pvp looking to be more competitive right now. Though I be disappointed if exotics require certain achievements in pvp again, granted I'm not saying it can't have pvp steps but no A Dubious Task bs of K/D spread of 25.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu May 18, 2017 8:57 pm

Iirc for the raid at least I think she said two. I suspect they'll have it limited to the host has to have a majority, so like 2/3 for nightfall, 4/6 for raid because the expectation would be that if you only had 1 or 2 you'd just queue up as the one looking.
Bnet wasn't a surprise since Activision is involved. They did not confirm or deny the rumor I heard yesterday of them doing cross-save between PC and PS4. But no cross play, which is probably for the best. Cross play with PC would put the console players at a disadvantage because of keybinds, etc.
I doubt they'll go back to the old quest model for exotics in D2. They have not done that for RoI and on I doubt that they would do that in D2 when they spent so much time hyping how they want to make it so accessible.

The Plush Family:

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Thu May 18, 2017 9:27 pm

Sure for the group needing more but can't help wondering if the system would allow the singletons to form up a whole group if needed. I kinda doubt it as you figure they probably will want a group to be the foundation to ensure a highly likelihood of success but what happens when there aren't any groups needing a few spots filled. The one possibility is queuing up as a singleton might not let the person exactly define what they are wanting to do so might put them in a nightfall if they are in queue long enough.

I wouldn't have a problem with cross play as long as they segregate for pvp, though I can't help feeling it would still be pc and box rather than ps4 as there is on incentive for Sony get behind it happening.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Thu May 18, 2017 9:44 pm

Though I will add I hope they are smart enough to relax any rules once the raid isn't the top teir raid, so allow regular group finder for Vault of Glass when Dark Below came out kinda thing.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri May 19, 2017 1:46 am

I'm actually hoping they keep bringing the raids up to closer to current level, or do what they have done with AoT and bring all the raids up to current with a third mode. Keeps all the content current then. So like the first raid, after the first light increase will add a third mode that will be at the hard mode cap for the second raid, etc.
Like the 390 version of VoG is super nostalgic and fun, even though the raid is basically 3 years old.

The Plush Family:

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Fri May 19, 2017 2:36 pm

I'm up for that two just mentioning that if they are really wanting to get the 50% that never raided get into raiding, once the raid on normal is going to have most people over geared for it let be capable as a pure group finder. Maybe suggest ensuring there are people that know the fights but allow it.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Fri May 19, 2017 11:30 pm

Something like that would be cool. Like have 3 versions of the raid. Normal is what we launch with and that never changes, Hard will be a higher light level with additional teamwork oriented mechanics (they did a much better job of this in WotM compared to Kings Fall), then you have a Heroic mode that has optional challenges that always stays as an end game activity even when new expansions, etc come out. Maybe not initially, but a few months down the road. And once Heroic comes out then you can make Normal mode have normal matchmaking like you suggest.

Also they announced today no cross-save. And there are rumors that PC will be a delayed launch. And I'm super curious how the clan system is going to work with rewards, etc. Clan leveling is usually a bad idea so I'm kinda nervous about it. They had it in WoW for a while and it turned into this thing where people would look for guilds that had X or Y perk that benefitted them and they didn't really care about the guild in general. Not that I'm concerned we'll do that, I know we won't, but I will be watching closely to see how that evolves.
And they really need a ranking system, both individually and as guilds so you can end up with the toxic players being matched with toxic guilds.

The Plush Family:

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Sat May 20, 2017 1:57 am

Didn't surprise me one bit on the cross save being false, honestly didn't believe it when I heard it.

I would imaging the "leveling up" of the guild will be similar to the current books where engram looks, style of flag, and the like unlocked as the guild accomplished certain achievements. That way a guild could show up that they completed the current raid on hard or had achieved certain pvp achievements.

So far for me Warhammer Online did it the best, as its effects where pretty minimal, mainly dealing with bonus exp as the guild leveled. That way leveling an alt / crafting skills to a lesser degree was as lot easier in an established guild but wasn't something you absolutely needed when playing.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Sat May 20, 2017 2:59 am

We'll have to see, hopefully we'll know more come beta. I'm going to miss my self-rezz + the floor is lava build, but the dawnstrider looks super fun so who knows maybe I won't miss it that much. I do find it interesting they didn't show anything about the 3rd subclasses for each class, and that they correspond to the new subclasses they added later in D1. Curious how those will end up getting reworked because they are clearly reworking all the subclasses. I suspect that those 3 aren't done yet and that's why we didn't get to see them.

I'm kinda hoping that we're able to keep enough people together and the raid isn't too crazy hard that we can maybe start hosting some raids with 4 or 5 of us and maybe find a few cool people to grow enough to get to a sustainable guild population. Like right now it sucks to have to keep going through the 100 and some other LFG sites to get people to do the NF and raid with in D1. I'm still able to get through the content, which is nice, but it's more fun to do it with friends.

The Plush Family:

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Sat May 20, 2017 2:04 pm

I thought we only saw 1 sub class for each, yes the Vanguard where showing the D1 subclasses but the players where updated. At least for Hunter they only showed the arc, Kade showed the solar as gunslinger but we never saw the player so likely to mean it gets updated as well.

Which I'm assuming is going to be exactly like D1 where you start with one sub type and get the second later, hopefully the third as well at a later level.

The one thing I'm probably the most curious is if the original D1 for each sub type will be available, I kinda doubt it and in some ways glad the Titan Void will be a little more usable but will have moments where I'll miss the shield bubble. Though one can hope that we could have each sub type have access to different supers.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:33 pm

I really hated the beta. This will be the first Bungie game I will not buy.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:55 pm

What did you hate about the beta? I liked it. It was super limited content wise, but that was by design. And I feel like they fixed a lot of the problems D1 had. There are a few tweaks I'm hoping for on the PvE side yet but it was an older build too. I'm still really looking forward to it.

The Plush Family:

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:52 am

Guns felt weak, and movement was slow. I don't like the change to what weapons you can have. I will just play Fortnite until Shadow of War comes out this fall.

Furiel
Cardinal

Post by Furiel » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:19 am

Totally fair. That is the one change I'm not thrilled with, the slower movement. Especially the jumps. The weaker gun feeling is a byproduct of the weapon slot changes. But hey, those are totally fair reasons and if you don't find that fun, then yeah you should play something else.

The Plush Family:

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:03 pm

I didn't end up trying it out but heard that is sounds like they are balancing for PVP making the player slower and abilities weaker.

I did however hear that bungie is listening to the complaints and saying they will be making changes. So for now I will be keeping my preorder.

Granted I didn't play but I am wonder if skills will play a role in some of that, hearing the time between uses of an ability sounded high was a bit concerning at first but than I realized I couldn't remember how long it took to use abilities in Destiny 1 and since my gear tended to put them at around the 3/4 of the skill being full I had gotten acclimated to that speed.