Destiny 2

Consoles, PCs, or mobile. This forum is dedicated to video games in all their glory. Some subforums for popular titles will be created.
Furiel
Cardinal
Re: Destiny 2

Post by Furiel » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:11 pm

The weapon slot changes were mostly based around PvP as far as I can tell yes. So basically anything that could 1 shot kill in PvP got moved to the heavy slot, so Shotgun, Fusion Rifle and Snipers are all in what they are calling the power slot now. That slows down TTK for basically everything because you have to be more tactical in your use of those because ammo is much more limited. Same with the movement speed. People learned how to use the titan jump basically to do this thing that's called skating that made them the fastest class in the game. So Bungie slowed all the jumps down to prevent that from happening.

For stats they removed that ability to decrease your ability and super cooldowns, instead on your armor you can choose if you want to spec for armor, recovery or agility. Right now in D1 you can your grenade and melee are on a 1 min cooldown that can be reduced to 25 seconds, not including exotic perks, and your super is a 5 minute cooldown that can be reduced to 3 minutes. And it's not unusual at all for people to get builds that give max out the cooldown of 2 of those, usually super and grenade, with melee cooldown reduced by 2 of 5 tiers. The joke that has been going around for a while now is that D1, especially in PvP is Ability Spam Simulator.

The overall community feel post Beta is that PvP is in a good place and PvE needs a few tweaks, mostly to the ammo economy along with upping the ability regen speed a little just for PvE and then things will be in a good spot.
They say when you go on a quest for vengence to dig two graves. They underestimate me.

The Plush Family:
DPS - Furiel: Commando, T'ony: Slinger, Kessilee: VG, Ziraava: Sent
Tank - Montae: Shadow, Gaen: Guardian
Heals - Kam'ryn: Sage, Sabran: Soundrel

Staris
Priest

Re: Destiny 2

Post by Staris » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:46 pm

I will say my first impressions so far is good I can safely say I will be sticking around for a while now, over all I'm liking the changes though I will say I'm less inclined to do pvp now. Can't say I am for sure getting the dlc just yet, though not because of Destiny 2 itself, just not sure I trust Bungie to not bungle up the first dlc like that did Dark Below.

I will say now if exotics require pvp again right now is probably the thing that will ensure I don't stick around long term. Not saying it can't have pvp steps but a branch that is a pvp option and a non pvp option.