A little Bloodborne info

Consoles, PCs, or mobile. This forum is dedicated to video games in all their glory. Some subforums for popular titles will be created.
Marrkin
Bishop
Re: A little Bloodborne info

Post by Marrkin » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:53 pm

Got to the Cleric Beast on Saturday morning.. I think he's the first mini-boss?

Anyway, got him to half health on the first try, but by that point I didn't feel like making the trek again so I stopped for the day.

This game is definitely hard for me, but I mostly die from impatience.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:26 pm

He is a real boss, but actually optional. The speedrunners skip him. You need to just see him once, to get your first Insight to level up in the Hunters Dream. I died on purpose, then went and farmed for a bit to level up. I uploaded the fourth and fifth boss last night,(on my facebook) but out of the five, 3 are actually optional. If you want good items and all the trophies, you need to kill them.

I am around level 43 or something right now. Seems this game uses the previous Souls game co op setting of needing to be plus or minus ten levels to co op together.

The first builds I posted were for level 125, but the PVP community is saying level 100. I will still aim for 125 to stay away from that.

I didn't buy the bell needed for pvp, but if you summon in the game, it can spawn npc sinister bell ringers. They can actually bring in human PVP people, unless you kill them. One spawned on me when I summoned for boss 4, but I never saw her or had anyone invade. Killed the boss, but couldn't use the lamp to teleport out, so I tried the trick of just turning my system off. Seemed to work.

Still haven't tried the Chalice dungeons, I read you need to be around 80 to complete the higher tiers, and around my level now to start the first layer of it.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:30 pm

Found out the hard way, but if you die, then log off, you will lose the blood echos, so you can't go back to get them. I lost 50k yesterday.

Previous games you could log out, and then go back later when you have calmed down and stopped yelling.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:27 pm

I did the first Chalice dungeon yesterday. Cleared all three levels and bosses.

The Battlefield Friends are going to stream Bloodborne Thursday night, that should be very funny. I am betting they give up and go back to Hardline.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:07 pm

Wouldn't surprise me on them switching back, the question becomes do we bet on how long they last.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:44 pm

Boss fights 6 and 7 are uploading to my facebook. I might get number 8 tonight, but I screwed myself on a shortcut. I am now playing on my second character, level 127.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:42 pm

Killed bosses 8 and 9 yesterday, 10 and 11 today. Looks like everyone on my friends list gave up.

Edit: Boss 12 of 17. Going for all of them and best ending for first playthrough.

Edit: Boss 13!

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:00 pm

Beat the game. Got all three endings. I only need the Chalice Dungeon boss for the fifth dungeon, but the fourth chalice is defiled, and that means you go in with half health. Even at level 133, with 50 vit, I die in one hit, if I am lucky it takes two hits. So it looks like I won't be getting the Platinum, unless I get lucky to get co op help in that dungeon.

Anyway, this is by far the easiest of the Souls games, even if souls isn't in the title. Except for the Chalice dungeons, those are tough. Only 1.1% have that trophy.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:02 pm

Just beat the cursed/defiled dungeon. Forces you to have half health. Took a week and well over 100 tries to beat the second boss. I was shaking so much after the fight, and even had to change my shirt since I sweated like I ran a marathon. I have one chalice to go now for the last trophy.

The good news is that I did some extra dungeons, and got the short root ritual chalice. That means I can skip farming items to open them up, and can just join others that already have one open. So if anyone decides to start doing them, and gets stuck, I can use mine to find you in co op. I am level 143, so you have to be at least level 120.

I also found out with this special chalice, if someone has the last one open, and summons, you can use that to skip the cursed dungeon, and the others and go right to the boss.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:00 pm

You are a crazy person.
Cuspar

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Sat May 02, 2015 3:35 am

Just got the Platinum, all trophies finished. The chalice dungeons are brutal. The final boss was cake, beat that first try. The five before her took multiple tries.