GTA 5

Consoles, PCs, or mobile. This forum is dedicated to video games in all their glory. Some subforums for popular titles will be created.
Dashl
Cardinal
Re: GTA 5

Post by Dashl » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:48 pm

I am in one with friends from the 360 version, but they didn't upgrade to this version. I can leave that and join yours.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:37 pm

I made the Church of Alvis last night and here is the url for any that are interested in joining. Also should any higher ranking members wish to unburden me of the leadership position I will gladly pass the torch.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/cre ... h_of_alvis

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:46 pm

March 10 for online heists.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:52 am

GTA Online Heists finally launch next week and Rockstar continues to build the hype. Following the release of a super short teaser trailer yesterday (below), the developer has now shared a whole bunch of new screenshots and info.

There are five major Heists, all of which are played in four-player co-op with Crew mates. One of the Heists involves stealing a VTOL Hydra jet from a heavily-guarded aircraft carrier, then fighting for survival in the skies over Los Santos. You can also expect prison breaks, bank jobs and luxury yacht raids. The structure, and the way Crew dynamics are going to play out, sounds super interesting.

According to Rockstar, you’re going to have to be a minimum of Rank 12 and own a “high-end apartment” to take part in a Heist. Once these requirements have been met, you’ll get a call from Lester and a Heist room will appear in your apartment, complete with a whiteboard for planning. You’ll be familiar with them from the game’s story mode.

If you’re the Heist leader, you’ll get to pick three players to team up with. Once you’ve done so you’ll also have to splash the cash. Crews have to be paid some money up front, which will set you back around $60,000. The rewards for completing a Heist are big and before the final mission the leader can assign percentage cuts to each Crew member. And yup, the leader can give you 0% if they think your performance is poor or they’re just a dick.

This is offset somewhat by the up-front payment and the missions you’ll undertake in preparation for the Heist, which reward players with cash as well as bonuses for kills, among other things. So even if your leader is a plonker, or you’re performance is crap, you’re going to do alright.

During the Heist, Crews will have two lives to use within each mission (Heists are divided into seperate missions, sometimes involving Crews splitting up and carrying out different objectives). Once both lives are expended, that mission will start again. Checkpoints are reportedly pretty generous, so don’t expect to have to retrace your steps too far if you’re restarting.

Challenges spice things up even further. The top level, Criminal Mastermind, tasks crews with finishing every Heist in order without anyone dying once in Hard mode. If one person dies, no matter how far into the Heist you are, you lose all your progress. Ouch.

Why would you want to do this? Well, beyond knowing that you’re one of the baddest dudes in GTA Online, you’ll also get some fat rewards, ranging from small cash bonuses for the easier challenges to a whopping $10m for completing the Criminal Mastermind challenges.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news ... Look-.html

Staris
Priest

GTA 5

Post by Staris » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:24 pm

That's interesting as I originally heard it only the leader needed the high-end apartment and something not mentioned is the leader doesn't get paid until the end, all of the side missions the crew is the payed like in story mode. So wouldn't be surprised with rather high cuts for the leaders on that last mission.

I was personally thinking 40% to 50% for any that I was the leader but that could be reduced as I would want my take to be enough to recoup and pay for the next. As long as the crew sticks together all members would be able to be the leader in turn.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:47 pm

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/ ... n-ps3-ps4/

Now this says only the leader needs the fancy apartment after I dropped 223k last night.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:17 pm

I was pretty sure that was correct but again any group we put together will probably want to have everyone is the leader at some point

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:38 am

Dashl and I just finished the first heist which is a 2 person instead of 4 so a good introduction to heists.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:19 am

Also since Dashl must have missed it but completing 1 days objectives gave me 25k.

I will update what each days worth as it sounded like you make million after a couple days so must mean you earn more after each consecutive day.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:16 pm

Nice, I should pay more attention.

Cuspar, they seem to give more xp for everything now, so start playing.

Cuspar
Cardinal

Post by Cuspar » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:13 pm

Can I hunt monsters somehow in this game?
Cuspar

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:20 pm

In single player Trevor and Michel have a sidequest where they take a hit of marijuana and start to hallucinate with you killing the monsters.

For Online join a public session and all the other players. I personally go tired of that mode so I get online in crew sessions now, solo when online has problems.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:38 pm

The Battlefield Friends are streaming gta, so I will join the stream.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:39 am

I watched and was quite pleased I did.

Dashl
Cardinal

Post by Dashl » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:41 pm

I only played for about two hours and then bailed.

Staris
Priest

Post by Staris » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:47 pm

I can see why the hacking was a pain and you did amazing in comparison to them, at least half the time it took them.